Author Topic: Anti-LGBT flyers distributed in Arizona slandering man who saved Gabby Giffords  (Read 4884 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Daniel Hernandez Jr. ran for the local school board and won, and now a group is attempting to get him recalled. By accusing him of not "being a real man" and his apparent stance of "taking the guns away"

Basically, a bunch of dumb motherfuckers

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
“will support Sports and cares about our kids.”

Lmfao. Okay. Because no gay man is ever interested in "Sports" and cares about kids.

Also if he won then obviously people like him there. All this does is prove there are obviously some bigots in the area.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast

I read the flyers. Reminded me of this pic:

<head desk>
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
Sports are serious business.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
I'd like to see high school sports banned even more, knowing it'd anger these idiots.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
I'd like to see high school sports banned even more, knowing it'd anger these idiots.

Honestly I'd almost agree.

Turn high school sports into a thing independent of high schools, something that people would have to have free time for.

It'll get funding.  Someone always finds a way to fund sports, even at the expense of basic education.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar

Honestly I'd almost agree.

Turn high school sports into a thing independent of high schools, something that people would have to have free time for.

It'll get funding.  Someone always finds a way to fund sports, even at the expense of basic education.
Exactly. High schools will fund sports before education, so divorce them. Instead, let corporations do the funding.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
The whole issue of sports in educational institutions needs a serious second look. High school star athletes' teachers get pressured to give them good grades so they can keep playing. Star athletes in college earn their schools shitloads of money and see nothing in return. (They get athletic scholarships, true, but they still graduate with loads of debt because they can't earn any other money, and pretty much all the money from the athletic ventures goes right back into the athletic programs, rather than enhancing the academic opportunities at the school. The coaches, meanwhile, hold obscene power over the students on account of being able to decide who gets scholarships and who doesn't.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
There isn't an LGBT person who is interested in sports ever

Nope

None

Nada

Zero

No sir, there ain't no way you can be LGBT and be interested in sports
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
Do these fucks realize how many gay softball teams there are? In Orlando alone, not a big city by most definitions, there are 30 - thirty - LGBT softball teams.  ::)
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
"Hates our values" you say? So, in this world these people live in, the poison of hate is a part of "good values" and tolerance is poisonous.

You know, you guys are right. Evil is good, and Good is stupid.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast

(click to show/hide)
Zero

Well, homophobes probably think lesbians are interested in sports.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion

(click to show/hide)
Zero

Well, homophobes probably think lesbians are interested in sports.

Oh yes, the classic "all homosexuals are interested in the opposite of what us heterosexuals are interested in" stereotype.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
The amateur softball thing is so funny though. More gay guys actually play sports than straight guys by percentage, and for more years (there are LGBT senior league softball teams, too). Castro and his ilk in AZ have absolutely no clue what the fuck they are talking about, obviously, but it is just over the top how dead wrong their stereotype memes are. The softball and bowling leagues are an important social outlet for LGBT's, a popular alternative to the bar scene. Ironically, back when the whole thing started, it was the bar owners that usually sponsor the teams who wanted to create a wholesome community get-together mechanism. This also happened around the time the Metropolitan Community Churches were started up, too. So, huh, we DO share the same basic social values as straights, just sans a lot of the bigotry.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2013, 06:49:02 pm by mellenORL »

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
You know what, softball and bowling are for the gays, lesbians, bis and trans peoples. Why don't we find manlier sports for our kids, like oil wrestling.

Wait. That came out wrong.

(For anyone curious, yes, I was indeed joking. I would never unironically use those words as insults.)