Author Topic: Gun nuts too nutty for Texas  (Read 6584 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
Gun nuts too nutty for Texas
« on: November 18, 2013, 11:45:08 pm »
Here is yet another reason gun owners need a sane group to represent them and sane gun owners need to speak up. The gun nuts are currently demonizing all gun owners. The guy below has the most media attention next to the NRA, this is bad mmmmk.

O say can you see
my bum's hairy crack
what so herply we derped
on our way to McDonalds
whose broad stripes and bright stars
were kind of bunching up in the back

Meet Open Carry Texas, they are not helping. They literally cannot understand why and brag about people freaking out when then show up and brandish their weapons. They are so self-unaware they cannot recognize that a weapon specifically deigned to kill groups of people has no other purpose in a public setting.

Mainly they tour through various states with assault rifles intimidating people, confront the police, and confront opposing groups. Then one member, Charles Branstrom of Wisconsin, took things up a notch by entering a school zone while armed with an assault rifle. What could possibly go wrong? so close to a Darwin award Hilarity ensures, halp halp im being oppressed!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPB4wAU9Clo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPB4wAU9Clo</a>

Featured in this video is Charles Branstrom of Wisconsin and a police officer. Interestingly enough, the cop tries to be civil and reason with Branstrom instead of flat out arresting him because Branstrom brought an assault rifle into a school zone.

As the cop in the youtube video put it:
“Do you realize what you’re doing could cost us, me, my second amendment rights? Because this is so egregious to the general public that it’s going to cause them to make decisions legally that are going to restrain us.”

The Daily Beast has more.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Gun nuts too nutty for Texas
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 12:41:29 am »
Idiots.

The cops did a fantastic job of dealing with them, though.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 12:44:18 am »
Idiots.

The cops did a fantastic job of dealing with them, though.

I wouldn't call them idiots.  That's giving them too much credit.

I'd rather call them "Selfish assholes".

But since I'm in a particularly venty mood, I'm going to call them "Selfish assholes who are so wrapped up in their own arrogance that they have completely lost sight of all things in regards to tact and self-awareness."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 12:49:40 am »
Pretty much. They're too busy focusing on "MY RIGHTS MY RIGHTS!" to recognize that other people also have the right to look at them as a potential threat and take appropriate precautions when they're walking around with firearms slung over their backs.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 01:18:33 am »
There are some people I would never trust with anything more dangerous than a cap pistol. Joe Biden, Sarah Palin, anyone who thinks "shoot first and ask questions during the funeral" is a good idea, amongst a host of others...these "open carry activists" ranks lower only to Biden and Palin on my list. They want to openly carry a firearm, IN THE STREETS, and use their weapons as bait to troll with?

It's not a question of if someone is going to get hurt, but when, who is involved, and how many are killed because of a bunch of idiots who are so insecure that they treat their guns like a security blanket. I thank the levelheadedness of the LEOS who get stuck dealing with this crap that no one has been killed in these protests yet.

If I'm wrong about that, well, feel free to correct me.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2013, 02:00:40 am »
Now what if that was a black man carrying a non concealed gun around? Would they have gotten the same respect this man got from the police officers?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2013, 03:38:10 am »
It's not a question of if someone is going to get hurt, but when, who is involved, and how many are killed because of a bunch of idiots who are so insecure that they treat their guns like a security blanket.
And also the people who just can't wait to use their guns. That's American Gun Culture for you.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2013, 04:09:22 am »
My other thought on this matter is...

Running around waving your semi-automatics nilly-willy doesn't impress me, nor does it make me shed a patriotic tear for the people defending my second amendment rights.

It makes me think of terrorists, actually.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2013, 04:17:31 am »
This is a disaster waiting to happen.
Putting a bunch of heavily armed people in any kind of political discourse is just courting disaster.

I am quite frightened by the fact that eventually some kind of disagreement is going to break out and these guys with guns will use them against that dissenting opinion.
Not to mention the basic problem inherent in threat escalation.

As a foreign viewer to American society and politics, all I can do is sigh, face-palm and shake my head sadly.

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2013, 08:10:02 am »
He's damn lucky he didn't get shot by someone else before the cops showed up. If I had a gun and saw someone who was openly displaying a weapon and walking toward a school, I'd probably shoot him myself thinking he was there to kill a bunch of students.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2013, 10:06:22 am »
Now what if that was a black man carrying a non concealed gun around? Would they have gotten the same respect this man got from the police officers?

^
THIS and...

He's damn lucky he didn't get shot by someone else before the cops showed up. If I had a gun and saw someone who was openly displaying a weapon and walking toward a school, I'd probably shoot him myself thinking he was there to kill a bunch of students.

^   ^   ^
Oh So THIS
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Raymond Dullaghy

• Apprentice
  • God before dogma!
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2013, 04:01:06 pm »
Is it wrong that I was more disturbed by the AK-pattern assault rifle than the reckless gun-slinging? If you're going to focus on American gun rights, you should at least carry an American weapon. As for me, who really needs an assault rifle? Shotguns and pistols are better for home defense than ARs, and bolt-action rifles and shotguns are better at hunting. If you actually need a large-magazine assault rifle for defense, it might be better to move somewhere less violent.

To me, ARs are for immature man-children that want to play soldier. If that's the case, than they should get airsoft guns instead. I'm quite content with my 12-gauge and my old Mauser.
I'm in science to discover and analyze God's wonderful universe, not gripe about how people don't like God.  I believe the creation/evolution debate is a waste of Christian brains (we have them, believe it or not) that could be better spent on making actual things.

Favorite philosophers (out of the ones I've personally read): Jesus, Solomon, Marcus Aurelius, Immanuel Kant

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2013, 04:45:31 pm »
Texas?  Well I'll be darned.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »
Texas?  Well I'll be darned.

Darn tootin'?

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2013, 05:53:33 pm »
Wow. I had so much to actually write about this that I made a blog post about it.

http://mythbuster43.blogspot.com/2013/11/i-feel-sorry-for-sane-gun-rights.html