Author Topic: Right Wing Threats close UK Legoland  (Read 1656 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
Right Wing Threats close UK Legoland
« on: March 07, 2014, 09:42:26 pm »
As if it didn't stop with the LEGO Movie: link

Basically, a Muslim group hired the theme park for a private event that caused right wingers to object.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Right Wing Threats close UK Legoland
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 09:45:22 pm »
Fucking Islamophobes  >:(

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 12:56:48 am »
BNP=KKK
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 01:13:43 am »
“This wasn’t an ideological event. It was for families to enjoy themselves. We’re devastated these people have threatened violence against children and families.”

I don't give a fuck what religion or race they are. Don't protest children at a fucking amusement park.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 01:20:06 am »

BNP!!!!
Well, the link says it might be EDL, unless they're the same organization.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 06:42:11 am »
MRDF has come under fire for its own controversial stances. The group’s leader, Haitham al-Haddad, has made anti-gay statements in the past. In a March 2012 article for Islam 21c, the MRDF’s online publication, Haddad urged Muslims to “combat the scourge of homosexuality,” which he also referred to as a “criminal act.”

Guess the right-wing hates muslims slightly more than gay people.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 06:56:21 am »
I've been to the UK Legoland and it's shit, so if it's any consolation they weren't missing out on much.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2014, 11:25:50 am »
MRDF has come under fire for its own controversial stances. The group’s leader, Haitham al-Haddad, has made anti-gay statements in the past. In a March 2012 article for Islam 21c, the MRDF’s online publication, Haddad urged Muslims to “combat the scourge of homosexuality,” which he also referred to as a “criminal act.”

Guess the right-wing hates muslims slightly more than gay people.

I was just going to mention that, having actually read the article. Nothing here is Black and White.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2014, 02:48:46 pm »
And you just know that if the a group of people did exactly the same thing to a right wing group on their day out, they would be whining loudly about it.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2014, 04:55:01 pm »
Well, the link says it might be EDL, unless they're the same organization.

They're not. The BNP are a political party (hence the "P") formed in 1982 as a National Front splinter group, who went on to achieve greater electoral success (especially during the New Labour years, 1997-2010), mainly due to slightly smarter marketing; namely, whilst the NF definitely sound and look like racists, the BNP is cunningly named as if in analogy to, say, the SNP (the Scottish Nationalist Party, who have never shown signs of official racism) and even more cunningly, they attempt to appeal to the non-racist vote by arguing that they're not racists.

The EDL is a protest group, formed initially from football hooligan subcultures, and are largely about protesting Islam (or, indeed, the Muslamic Infidels), albeit with a strong undercurrent of racism.

The NF are still going, but are now as irrelevant as the 115,928 communist parties that also stand for election in the UK every general election.

For some reason, pretty much every visible organisation claiming to speak for Muslims in Britain turns out to have homophobic views, allegations of antisemitism hovering over them, or some other indication of being completely bonkers. It's not clear why this is, although if I had to guess, I'd say it's because for the Daily Mail side of the press, it allows for easy generalisations to keep these guys in the spotlight, and the Guardian side doesn't generally seem to have the spine to criticise.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.