Author Topic: Politican takes a hammer (literaly) to the homeless problem  (Read 1837 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
Politican takes a hammer (literaly) to the homeless problem
« on: November 22, 2014, 04:11:38 pm »
WAIKIKI (HawaiiNewsNow) -
State Rep. Tom Brower has taken a sledgehammer and a novel approach to Hawaii's homeless problem.

"I got tired of telling people I'm trying to pass laws. I want to do something practical that will really clean up the streets," he said.

In his spare time he scours streets and parks in his district, looking for shopping carts homeless use to store and move their belongings. He returns good ones to stores and destroys others with his sledgehammer.

"I find abandoned junk, specifically shopping carts, and I remove them. I also create a situation where those carts can't be pushed around the city. I think it's a good thing," he said

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/story/24003737/lawmaker-hammers-home-his-homeless-solution

He says he returns good ones to the stores, yet he's clearly seen smashing a perfectly good cart from Japanese retailer Don Quijote.
How is this asshole still in office?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Politican takes a hammer (literaly) to the homeless problem
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2014, 04:15:54 pm »
Honestly, this is something I'd expect from Florida.  America's goatee seems to be a magnet for all things bizarre.

But regardless, this guy's an asshole.  I hope somebody smashes him.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2014, 04:17:15 pm »
Because it's Hawaii.  You want to see where the richest people in the country vacation?  Go to Big Island.  And guess what those same rich white people don't wanna see.  Homeless.

Ironbite-of course this guy is popular.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2014, 04:22:37 pm »
Because it's Hawaii.  You want to see where the richest people in the country vacation?  Go to Big Island.  And guess what those same rich white people don't wanna see.  Homeless.

Ironbite-of course this guy is popular.

Yeah, Hawaii's not all sunshine and lollipops.  It just looks that way if you're a tourist.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2014, 07:34:02 pm »
Not at all surprised.  Every state sucks, just in different ways.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2014, 01:37:46 am »
I am going to have to share this on Facebook simply because I don't think anyone in Finland would believe this.

And because Kokoomus members need to see that they aren't quite on the same cartoon villain level as the Republicans.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2014, 12:23:16 am »
As long as you realize that you might be giving new ideas to them or especially the youth wing of the party. Naivety and conservatism can be a pretty scary combination.