Author Topic: Split Politics and Government int "News" and "General Politics"  (Read 5806 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Split Politics and Government int "News" and "General Politics"
« on: February 05, 2012, 08:30:08 pm »
Hi, I think that it is known that most of the topics in P&G are current events, so I think it would be a good idea to split it from general politics. Current events come and go, and come often, so they push the more general threads to to back.

General threads would be about political ideologies, member's strategies for the government, talking about how government works, ect. It would allow a better think tank and discussion board if we didn't keep these boards all together.

What do you think?

EDIT: I know there is another section for "News" but here I am talking about splitting it into political news, where other news, like social issues, can be put in the news section.

Some topics for a General Politics section would be

• Universal Health Care
  • Same Sex Marriage
  • Same Sex Marriage
  • Political positions
  • Election reform
  • Threads about ideologies
  • Threads criticizing ideologies

« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 10:57:21 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Split Politics and Government int "News" and "General Politics"
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 08:44:33 pm »
Is there enough interest in the “think tank” politics discussion to justify another board? I think there would be a more even split if there were.
-A Pen Name

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 09:38:35 pm »
The problem is that since current events keep popping up, these often get pushed into the back and forgotten. I think people would be more motivated into creating more general discussions if we split them.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2012, 02:40:12 am »
I think current affairs events are supposed to be a part of P&G.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2012, 05:08:28 pm »
I think current affairs events are supposed to be a part of P&G.

That's the point. I want to make 2 subsections splitting the current affairs from general political ideas and issues.