Author Topic: Texas: Embarrassing USA since 1845  (Read 5143 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Texas: Embarrassing USA since 1845
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2016, 02:48:28 pm »
It's a universal problem, really. Just about any nation with a lot of land has enough natural resources to thrive if they do things carefully.

Afghanistan could be as wealthy as the Emirates if they joined the 21st century in education, worked to employ modern socioeconomic policies, and used that to learn how to survey and mine with modern efficiency. Back a few decades, the Soviets were really not there for any meaningful mission other than to try to dominate the place long enough to find strategic metal deposits, political intrigue and propaganda aside. Although the mountains and caves do make the place a natural fortress, if the Afghan fighters were not so effective at hillbilly guerilla warfare, Russia would have committed to full scale invasion and annexation.

Geologists have used satellite and seismic data along with seeing the tell tale landscape formations there to estimate that Afghanistan could easily hold some of the richest metal ore deposits in the world.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »
Afghanistan could be as wealthy as the Emirates if they joined the 21st century in education, worked to employ modern socioeconomic policies, and used that to learn how to survey and mine with modern efficiency.

There's also the small problem of foreign empires bombing the shit out of them on a regular basis. That's something the United States (and Texas for that matter) never had to worry about.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2016, 05:51:51 pm »
Which I pointed out very clearly early on using the Soviets as the example, correct?
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2016, 06:53:44 am »
Alcohol + idiots + guns is a bad mix...

I wonder how this will affect the anti-Obama rally?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/01/anti-obama-march-organizer-fatally-shoots-right-wing-militant-buddy-in-drunken-dispute-over-gun/

« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 07:06:09 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2016, 10:21:09 am »
Well, they can display Smith's Darwin Award amongst the Don't Tread on Me flags...You never know, but a cross country band wagon thing like that typically fizzles out, or are just small and kinda sad when they reach their destination. Takes a lot of time, brains, planning and a lot of donations to pull off a grand march on Washington. Think One Million Black Men march on Washington, which had numbers in the high hundreds of thousands gathered on the Mall. That took over a year of organizing from the get-go.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2016, 01:10:07 pm »
I didn't know where else to put this story so I decided to resurrect this thread. And it's not like we have had too many good news or funny stories so lets take a moment to appreciate the madness in this man's fear of "gay NASA space colonies." https://www.inverse.com/article/16263-texas-congressman-warns-against-gay-space-colonies-to-prevent-the-apocalypse?utm_content=inf_4_3448_2&utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=jabra&utm_campaign=CMfacebook&tse_id=INF_976c86f0448511e6b82b0b827aa028d6
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2016, 05:28:19 pm »
Oh hey it's Asparagus Man!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer