Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387768 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #480 on: January 22, 2017, 08:33:17 pm »
How could you tell if they did property damage in DC?  Seriously, how do you tell?  The place is a shithole.

Still better than Miami.

All of which are several orders of magnitude better than Mogadishu.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #481 on: January 22, 2017, 09:02:08 pm »
How could you tell if they did property damage in DC?  Seriously, how do you tell?  The place is a shithole.

Still better than Miami.

And even that is better than the arid wasteland that is Topeka.

HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN HOW HOT IT IS THERE!?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #482 on: January 22, 2017, 11:16:13 pm »

Still better than Miami.

And even that is better than the arid wasteland that is Topeka.

HAVE YOU EVEN SEEN HOW HOT IT IS THERE!?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TheMe8y3Oqs
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #483 on: January 23, 2017, 12:38:12 am »
Oh wow...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

USA is leaving UN if this passes.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #484 on: January 23, 2017, 12:45:03 am »
Oh wow...

That sort of thing has been a goal of American reactionaries for a long time. But I think it can be filibustered.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #485 on: January 23, 2017, 12:58:05 am »
God damn fucking dumbshits.  Look, the UN is far from a perfect organization but it holds a a function in international politics that is completely essential to maintaining basic stability in the world.  These tea party lunatics don't understand such basic stuff, it makes me weep.

As for Trump starting a war, I think he will not out of a plan to boost his poll numbers but just because of his fragile ego.  He's so petty and easily baited that all ISIS needs to do is make a video on youtube saying he's bald to provoke him into invading ever country in the middle east, just like they want.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #486 on: January 23, 2017, 01:42:52 am »
It's worth remembering from the FSTDT days that many of these people's core constituents believe the apocalypse is not just real but something that should be hurried along.

This proposed legislation makes sense in that light at least.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #487 on: January 23, 2017, 01:44:52 am »
So, basically, the Republican Party has metamorphosed into the Pigmask Army, and Trump is basically a seventy year old Porky Minch.

It fits; wanting to cause the apocalypse, no regard for anyone but themselves, corrupting people into giving them more power...

Offline Murdin

• Bishop
« Reply #488 on: January 23, 2017, 03:46:03 am »
Oh wow...

Apparently, this bill has been proposed at every Congress session for the past 20 years, but never even made it past the committee. I'm pretty sure leaving the UN was not part of the Republicans' platform, and neither did Trump campaign for it.

Not saying that it can't eventually happen if They the People drag their own asses into an impossible situation, but the timing of this proposal is basically irrelevant to how it might eventually come to happen.

So, basically, the Republican Party has metamorphosed into the Pigmask Army, and Trump is basically a seventy year old Porky Minch.

It fits; wanting to cause the apocalypse, no regard for anyone but themselves, corrupting people into giving them more power...

Dear Leader is a narcissistic yet unbelievably insecure, elderly manchild who loves naming things after himself. Accordingly, his seat of power is on top of a massive tower that bears his name. He wants the entire world to love him, admire him, practically worship him, and will seek to punish anyone who doesn't. He seized power by exploiting people's complacency, ignorance and apathy, but to him it was all just a game. He embodies the decay of modern Western society, of capitalism, of our concept of freedom ; even beyond that, he represents the timeless human vices that all those troubles stem from, the reasons there was never a time or place where "society", capitalism or freedom were ever truly "done right".
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 03:59:12 am by Murdin »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #492 on: January 23, 2017, 09:59:49 pm »
Oh wow...

Apparently, this bill has been proposed at every Congress session for the past 20 years, but never even made it past the committee. I'm pretty sure leaving the UN was not part of the Republicans' platform, and neither did Trump campaign for it.

Not saying that it can't eventually happen if They the People drag their own asses into an impossible situation, but the timing of this proposal is basically irrelevant to how it might eventually come to happen.

Dear Leader is a narcissistic yet unbelievably insecure, elderly manchild who loves naming things after himself. Accordingly, his seat of power is on top of a massive tower that bears his name. He wants the entire world to love him, admire him, practically worship him, and will seek to punish anyone who doesn't. He seized power by exploiting people's complacency, ignorance and apathy, but to him it was all just a game. He embodies the decay of modern Western society, of capitalism, of our concept of freedom ; even beyond that, he represents the timeless human vices that all those troubles stem from, the reasons there was never a time or place where "society", capitalism or freedom were ever truly "done right".

...they rode to true power by taking advantage of the beliefs and natures of small town people who wanted improvements and happiness, taking advantage of people who did not know better due to their own actions by promising them utopia and ascent. The Leader brought them into a cult, making them worship him and default to him on nearly everything, following him regardless what abuses the Leader's Army ended up doing. The Leader undertakes policies and decisions that would bring ruin to those who followed him and enabled him to achieve power, and yet even still they insist this is true Utopia, unable to fathom anything but that.

All while Trump / Porky could care less for anything except himself.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #493 on: January 25, 2017, 12:23:16 am »
Trump is going to build the wall and tax payers in USA will pay for it: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/315998-trump-to-sign-order-to-build-border-wall-with-mexico

Isn't that what he promised? If you think you heard something about Mexico paying for the wall then I assure you that I have wonderful alt-facts for you!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #494 on: January 25, 2017, 12:36:32 am »
Trump's pick for FCC chair is anti-net neutrality.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/01/23/510844936/trumps-telecom-chief-is-ajit-pai-critic-of-net-neutrality-rules

This just gets better and better.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.