Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387675 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #615 on: February 09, 2017, 06:43:31 pm »
In his first fight with the court system, the Orange Piss Pot has taken a massive body blow and has been left reeling.  9th Circuit upheld the suspension order.

Ironbite-lets see if he lets it die or has Sessions take to the SCOTUS.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #616 on: February 09, 2017, 06:49:44 pm »
In his first fight with the court system, the Orange Piss Pot has taken a massive body blow and has been left reeling.  9th Circuit upheld the suspension order.

The Ninth Circuit is a bunch of liberal losers. They don't know how to win and will not keep us safe. Sad!

SCOTUS will keep us safe when Sessions makes a tremendous argument before them. SCOTUS will make a tremendous ruling. We'll make America safe again!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #617 on: February 09, 2017, 08:00:40 pm »

The Ninth Circuit is a bunch of liberal losers. They don't know how to win and will not keep us safe. Sad!

SCOTUS will keep us safe when Sessions makes a tremendous argument before them. SCOTUS will make a tremendous ruling. We'll make America safe again!

Their decision'll be yuge!
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #618 on: February 09, 2017, 08:44:22 pm »
So what are the odds of the supreme court going against this ban? I think Sotomayor, Kagan, Ginsburg, and Breyer will vote against it. But will Kennedy swing to their side, or vote his party line?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #619 on: February 09, 2017, 09:05:19 pm »
The fact that people refer to Judges of the Supreme Court 'voting' their party line is a sad indictment on the US judiciary. However given the decision of the first instance judge (and his background) you would hope that politics (rather than the law) doesn't intrude to deeply in the decision of the Supreme Court.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #620 on: February 09, 2017, 09:06:39 pm »
So what are the odds of the supreme court going against this ban? I think Sotomayor, Kagan, Ginsburg, and Breyer will vote against it. But will Kennedy swing to their side, or vote his party line?

I think that depends on whether the decision comes down before, or after Neil Gorsuch is nominated.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #621 on: February 09, 2017, 09:39:55 pm »

My bet would be on Roberts being the swing.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #622 on: February 10, 2017, 12:16:15 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP9Qt-bSz40" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP9Qt-bSz40</a>

As it turns out we have one too:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-qP_CIZJus" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-qP_CIZJus</a>

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #623 on: February 10, 2017, 12:20:14 am »

Keep in mind that it'll be a while before any case on this matter reaches the Supreme Court. These rulings have been on whether the plaintiffs are likely to succeed once the case is fully heard, not a ruling on the matter itself. The judges have found that the plaintiffs are likely to succeed, and so have stayed the ban.

If the Ninth Circuit rules on the merits and strikes down the ban, and the government appeals to the Supreme Court, then, should Gorsuch not have been confirmed, and assuming no other changes to the composition of the Court, a 4-4 Court would leave the Ninth Circuit's decision in effect. It's even possible, although unlikely, that the Court could deny certiorari.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #624 on: February 10, 2017, 01:50:12 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP9Qt-bSz40" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yP9Qt-bSz40</a>

As it turns out we have one too:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-qP_CIZJus" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-qP_CIZJus</a>

And the rest: http://www.everysecondcounts.eu/

Also, I saw Trump say on FB: "SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!"

...He said that because he lost in court. The jokes are already filling the net but his fans seem to think this is the best kind of presidential behaviour.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #625 on: February 11, 2017, 02:38:06 pm »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #626 on: February 11, 2017, 04:39:48 pm »

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #627 on: February 11, 2017, 05:00:08 pm »
Oh fuck, look what stupid thing Trump just did today

Ugh, that's terrible. I think that's the worst thing I've seen yet.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #628 on: February 11, 2017, 08:31:54 pm »
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #629 on: February 11, 2017, 08:41:28 pm »
...God damn it queen.