Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387379 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2445 on: July 23, 2018, 01:12:49 am »
Great, now our Twitter and chief is instigating shit with Iran now? Can't there be any fucking good news in politics these days?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2446 on: July 23, 2018, 01:15:07 am »
Mueller is making good progress.

A GOP politician debating Tim Kaine claimed that, unlike Obama Trump, at least is tough on Russia and caused the crowd to burst into laughter.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2447 on: July 23, 2018, 02:49:17 am »
Great, now our Twitter and chief is instigating shit with Iran now? Can't there be any fucking good news in politics these days?

It's the same pattern as with NK: instigate shit, have everyone really worried, get credit when you do "peace talks" to bring things back to where they were before you were talking crap.

Hopefully it's finally been driven into his half a brain cell that killing the Iran deal was a really, really, really bad idea (whether by Mattis or Putin or somebody) and so he's doing this as a way to bring back the Iran deal and get credit for it himself instead of its being Obama's thing.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2448 on: July 23, 2018, 09:21:12 am »
I don't trust it. Pompeo has said that he wants to invade Iran for a while now.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2449 on: July 23, 2018, 10:26:36 am »
And he's got John "Regime Change in Iran" Bolton as his national security advisor.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2450 on: July 24, 2018, 08:08:22 pm »
Twitter is apparently blocked in Iran. Nt that Rouhani won't be able to see it, because he will. That's just a funny observation I've seen floating around the internet.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2451 on: July 24, 2018, 09:37:37 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/energy-environment/398372-trump-admin-to-propose-blocking-californias-clean-car-standards?amp&__twitter_impression=true

The federal administration of the party of "states' rights" (let's just ignore what that term meant for literally centuries) and "local government is better" has decided that it knows better than the California state government and that California does not have the right as a state to try to keep its air clean.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2452 on: July 25, 2018, 03:58:31 pm »
There's a few reasons why this is an important fight.  Number one, if they do this, it guts the Clean Air Act to the point where smog in China will look like light fog.  Two, it's a punishment for California not being in line with the rest of Trumpville and not deifying our Glorious Leader like the god among politicians he truly is.  And three, auto manufacturers really really really wanna make cars that belch black smoke but can't because as California goes, so goes the rest of the nation.

Ironbite-it's ingenious how petty this move really is.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2453 on: July 25, 2018, 04:46:23 pm »
I expect my state to fight this as much as possible, and subvert it every step.

It would really please me to hear tell of countries escalating their tariffs that target the red states.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2454 on: July 25, 2018, 04:56:25 pm »
I expect my state to fight this as much as possible, and subvert it every step.

It would really please me to hear tell of countries escalating their tariffs that target the red states.

Ask and ye shall receive.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/steel-tariff-maple-syrup-toilet-paper-1.4730440

"This list was clearly drawn strategically to exert maximum pain politically for the president," said Maryscott Greenwood of the Canadian American Business Council.

"The idea is, you look at a map of the congressional districts of the United States, you look at which members of Congress are in leadership positions and then you look at the big industries in those districts and then you draw up your list accordingly," she said. "And this list was clearly drawn up with this in mind."

And don't forget, another lobby pushing Trump to punish California is the fossil fuel industry. If cars have to have better fuel economy standards, they sell less gas.

It's almost like these sorts of companies have undue influence in the federal government...

I wonder why that could be...

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2455 on: July 25, 2018, 05:02:49 pm »
Trump, a hypocrite? Say it ain't so! /s
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2456 on: July 25, 2018, 06:18:57 pm »
Trump, a hypocrite? Say it ain't so! /s

It's not Trump, it's the entire GOP. They pay lip service to federalism and then run roughshod over it when they're in charge.

(Now, some GOP supporters would say that Democrats are even worse on the matter, but I've asked for specific examples of this from some highly engaged Republican voters and so far, crickets--just claims that Democrats abhor federalism.)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #2457 on: July 29, 2018, 09:41:06 pm »
Now Trump is threatening to shut down the US government unless the democrats pay for his stupid wall.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/trump-border-wall-mexico-shut-down-government-democrats-congress-a8468621.html

Whatever happened to mexico paying for it?  Maybe he should tell them he'll shut down the US government if they don't.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2458 on: July 29, 2018, 10:11:34 pm »
He's an idiot. Go ahead and shut down the government months before an election to get funding for a wall that only 38 percent of Americans approve of. Democrats aren't going to budge.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2459 on: July 30, 2018, 05:54:06 am »
This is just making the "Mexico is going to pay for it!" claim seem even sillier.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!