Author Topic: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore  (Read 10955 times)

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: Sex Crime Allegations Against Roy Moore
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2017, 02:56:21 am »
But hey, the asshole lost. Hopefully this is the last we see of him. I don't doubt that Doug Jones will be lucky to win reelection when his term is up, but at least for now the Democrats hold a seat in Alabama of all places.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2017, 03:26:23 am »
Nearly 80% of white Alabamans voted for Moore, almost all of black Alabamans voted against him.

Even whether or not you want child molesters in the senate has become a racial issue in USA.

...I'm not sure how you managed to do that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2017, 05:29:10 am »
Nearly 80% of white Alabamans voted for Moore, almost all of black Alabamans voted against him.

Even whether or not you want child molesters in the senate has become a racial issue in USA.

...I'm not sure how you managed to do that.

Because child molestation doesn't matter as much as race, abortion and blind political partisanship for the southern Republicans. No matter how disgusting a Republican is they will find a way to justify not voting for someone who doesn't share key identity issues like these. Christian forgiveness, slut shaming, conspiracy theories about media bias... whatever it takes.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2017, 03:27:26 pm »
This is huge as Alabama is a red state.  It's so red, it was read as gospel that Moore was gonna get in, not be seated, and the Governor appoint Strange in.  The fact that Moore lost is troubling to the GOP and they're going to attempt to rail through as much as they can before the end of the year.

Ironbite-cause the writing is on the wall for the power players and it's all blue.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2017, 04:01:06 pm »
I think that if Strange had won the primary, he'd be finishing out the term now. It took a lot for Moore to lose. (Also, I doubt Strange would have been reappointed to the seat after he was rejected in the primary. I'm sure Ivey could have found any number of other partisans who would vote exactly as the donors and evangelicals wanted.)

EDIT: Seen on the mainpage:

http://www.fstdt.net/QuoteComment.aspx?QID=135135

Tonight's results are clear - the people of Alabama deemed Roy Moore unfit to serve in the US Senate. I hope Senator-elect Doug Jones will do the right thing and truly represent Alabama by choosing to vote with the Senate Republican Majority.

Sen. Cory Gardner, chair of the National Republican Senatorial Committee

(emphasis by mainpage submitter)

EDIT #2:

If he wants to get re-elected, he'll take Sen. Gardner's advice.

More likely he spends three years saying 'Fuck You' to Trump then goes and plays golf with Scott Walker on the taxpayers' dime via his lifetime Senate pension.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 06:02:29 pm by dpareja »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #50 on: December 14, 2017, 08:12:58 am »
This report says that nearly two thirds of white women voted for Moore, regardless of kiddy diddling and that white voters gave Moore 68 per cent of their vote and Jones 30 per cent.

I'm seeing echoes of the US 2016 Federal election, most white voters happily supporting a known sexual predator so long as he promises to keep those "other" folks down.

I think the lesson the GOP will take home from this will be "suppress moar black votes!"

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: December 14, 2017, 08:29:26 am »
I think the lesson the GOP will take home from this will be "suppress moar black votes!"

Also: "Only use racist dog-whistle code. Don't actually say that you would like to legalize slavery."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: December 14, 2017, 02:10:06 pm »
This report says that nearly two thirds of white women voted for Moore, regardless of kiddy diddling and that white voters gave Moore 68 per cent of their vote and Jones 30 per cent.

I'm seeing echoes of the US 2016 Federal election, most white voters happily supporting a known sexual predator so long as he promises to keep those "other" folks down.

Is that 68 percent of white voters, or 68 percent of white people who voted?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: December 14, 2017, 02:51:50 pm »

Source:

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #54 on: December 14, 2017, 10:50:12 pm »

Source:

Thanks, but I'd like to see the raw numbers and compare them to previous years. I have a hunch that a lot of white voters might've stayed home this election.

Edit: Looks like I was right. Given Jones' status as a hero of the civil rights era, it makes sense that Alabama's black population turned out in droves to support him. As for Moore, he was a turnoff to many less extreme right-wingers even ignoring the pedophilia allegations.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 10:56:12 pm by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: December 15, 2017, 12:04:58 am »
Yeah, can't bring themselves to vote for the menace of the mall-commendable.
Can't bring themselves to vote for that civil rights lawyer either, hmmm!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: December 15, 2017, 12:51:50 am »
Speaking as a white guy, what the fuck is wrong with you white guys???

Once again Garrison makes a ridiculous cartoon. I'm too tired to point out all the stupidity in it.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2017, 03:18:00 am »

Once again Garrison makes a ridiculous cartoon. I'm too tired to point out all the stupidity in it.

Just like the Titanic, Roy Moore also was declared 'unsinkable', an automatic victory for the GOP, and just like the Titanic, he sank in the end. A good cartoon.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #58 on: December 15, 2017, 03:19:33 am »
It's not over until he admits defeat. He can still cause some trouble refusing to concede and ...I dunno, promoting an armed uprising to make him the senator?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #59 on: December 15, 2017, 10:16:34 am »
Here's the thing.  He doesn't get an automatic recount as that's the only way he'd be able to get in.  Cause recounts.  With the margin being more then .5%, he'll have to pay for the recount with his own money.

Ironbite-and the deadline for that is fast approching.