Author Topic: Catch Phrase Game  (Read 1302 times)

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
Catch Phrase Game
« on: February 27, 2012, 10:26:56 am »
Are catch phrases dying out? They used to be de rigeur for many 'traditional' comedians and those staples of domestic TV, the situation comedy show.

Even if there is no particular abundance of new catch phrases, those that have gone before are seared into the annals of entertainment history. You must remember some...

Can you identify the person or show from the catch phrase.

I'll start with an easy one (and, in fairness to the US majority here, not from some Brit Hit that never made it over the Pond):

"Sock it to me!"
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
Re: Catch Phrase Game
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 04:03:51 am »
Richard Nixon.

"Got it memorized?"
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?

Offline Jack Bauer

• Poetic Badass
  • Pope
  • On Craggy Island, under deep cover.
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 04:58:19 am »
Richard Nixon.

"Got it memorized?"

"Sock it to me" was a catch phrase used in the Rowan and Martin Laugh In from way back in the late 60s - the show that gave Goldie Hawn her break. They tried to get their guests to use the phrase, which included Tricky Dicky, so I suppose you are technically correct.

"Got it memorized" - sneaky... I don't have Kingdom Hearts, but I have a friend who does. So that catch phrase is used by Axel.

Try this:

"I'm smarter than the average..."
Part wolf, part pirate.

“Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity.”   -  Albert Einstein.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2012, 04:57:00 pm »
Yogi Bear.

"This __________ has been handed down in the [character's last name] family for generations!"
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!