Author Topic: coup in turkey  (Read 3243 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: coup in turkey
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2016, 05:42:42 pm »
Teachers and researchers are getting fired and also told that they are forbidden from leaving the country. So not only are they destroying the education and research they are also preventing a brain leak to other countries.
He probably suspects that there are plenty of people in said countries who'd want to deny them asylum because they're Muslin refugees fleeing a Muslim dictator. Can't say he hasn't learned anything in his dealings with ISIS.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2016, 06:47:21 pm »
Wonder how long its gonna take this shitbiscuit to go full-on Kim Jong-Un.  My bet's $20 US on less than five years, any takers?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2016, 09:09:03 pm »
Amnesty has accounts of widespread torture and rape of the detainees.

According to these accounts, police held detainees in stress positions, denied them food, water and medical treatment, verbally abused and threatened them and subjected them to beatings and torture, including rape and sexual assault.

Two lawyers in Ankara working on behalf of detainees told Amnesty International that detainees said they witnessed senior military officers in detention being raped with a truncheon or finger by police officers.

A person on duty at the Ankara Police Headquarters sports hall saw a detainee with severe wounds consistent with having been beaten, including a large swelling on his head. The detainee could not stand up or focus his eyes and he eventually lost consciousness. While in some cases detainees were afforded limited medical assistance, police refused to allow this detainee essential medical treatment despite his severe injuries. The interviewee heard one police doctor on duty say: “Let him die. We will say he came to us dead.”