Author Topic: Stuff You Do When You're Bored  (Read 2573 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Stuff You Do When You're Bored
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »
I watch marathons of series on Netflix, or game too much, or both. In between, I rough house (play) with my rowdy little dogs.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2014, 05:06:41 pm »
I typically sit around staring at nothing, trying to think of something to do, until I inevitably fall asleep.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2014, 06:30:29 pm »
I wish I had time to be bored with nothing to do instead of bored out of my mind doing either math homework or reading stuff for as and answering questions for my Quality Systems class or writing essays for Comp II. Right now I'm reading my quality improvement textbook which is throwing a lot of information at me and I'm not understand most of it. Next I get to do tons of math that all needs to be done by tomorrow and learn it all by memory for the test tomorrow, and then get my fist draft of a compare and contrast essay over The Great Gatsby (which I;ve never read and the teacher only showed us the new movie) which is also due tomorrow. My first class is at 7:50 in the morning and I have to get up by 6:00 to be there on time. I'm going to be up tonight until at least midnight working on this shit, probably later.

If I had time to do other stuff I'd be working on making knives, the first of which is almost finished, sketching plans for a furnace/forge I'm wanting to build out of a 55 gallon drum, begin planing on building a proper workbench for my workshop/videogame room, or be cleaning the junk out of the room and try to sort all the tool laying around.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

wrightway

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2014, 10:39:02 pm »
I read articles about children and how fun they are to deal with, which always makes me feel better about not wanting them.

Not having children when you don't want them is the absolute best thing anyone can do. Children are messy, noisy, selfish, money consuming creatures who will put you through things that the Geneva Convention outlawed.

>_> Why no, this opinion is in no way colored by the fact my daughter has colic and has been screaming for three hours straight (despite me doing everything humanly possible to make her feel better, including spending over fifty dollars on anti-colic medicine) while I have an excessively long psych assignment to complete. Not. At. All.

Edit for typos.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 10:58:07 pm by Wrightway »

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2014, 12:36:55 am »
*hugs Wrightway with one arm while grabbing a pair of noise-canceling headphones with the other*
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

wrightway

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2014, 12:41:41 am »
*hugs back* Oddly enough, she fell asleep listening to me sing along to youtube.

Reading fan fiction is a guilty pleasure when I'm bored.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #21 on: January 24, 2014, 09:00:11 am »
One thing I did when the internet was out for a while:

For those who own one of those 1001 _____ You Must _____ Before You Die books, list everything you're interested in, or have seen/read/heard/played.

Just a fair warning, several of these have been revised numerous times and sometimes they list crap, but that's mainly because different reviewers have submitted different entries to those books.

Anyway, go to your library and find some of my picks:
  • 1001 Films You Must See Before You Die
  • 101 Cult Films You Must See Before You Die (which I have)
  • 101 Horror Films You Must See Before You Die
  • 101 Science Fiction Films You Must See Before You Die
  • 1001 Albums You Must Hear Before You Die
  • 1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die
  • 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die (which I have)
  • 1001 Comics You Must Read Before You Die