Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274059 times)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #435 on: April 17, 2016, 11:02:12 pm »
Quote from: tumblr user church-of-no-recess
you cannot support trans gals and be against shoplifting.

the anti-shoplifting fandom is fundamentally transmisogynistic.

the withholding of those sorts of essential goods needed for survival (food, water, clothing, cosmetics, etc) is an act of violence that kills trans gals.

um.

um...

what the fuck,
Σא

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #436 on: April 17, 2016, 11:10:29 pm »
Okay what percentage of the shoplifting fandumb are trans to begin with?  Because even if I decide to make an exception for a poor trans person, are you personally trans?  Cause if not you are still an asshole.

pyro

« Reply #437 on: April 17, 2016, 11:12:41 pm »
Okay what percentage of the shoplifting fandumb are trans to begin with?  Because even if I decide to make an exception for a poor trans person, are you personally trans?  Cause if not you are still an asshole.

Emphasis on the word poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #438 on: April 18, 2016, 10:12:29 am »
Topic is started with the claim that feminism "destroys nations" and after a long back and forth on who has the burden of proof we finally get this:

Feminism is largely responsible for the critically low native birth rates in Western countries. While this doesn't literally "kill you", it does mean that you have a lowered probability of being born in the first place. Also from a geopolitical perspective, it is very dangerous to see birth rates much higher in one part of the world than another. This is a common cause of invasions and civilizational upheaval because there aren't enough men around to defend their country.

We are shamed into not viewing alien nations as the threats they are to our welfare and way of life. This isn't just stupid, it is extremely dangerous - akin to embracing a poisonous snake because you've been taught it's wrong to turn away any creature.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #439 on: April 18, 2016, 10:15:29 am »
Is he afraid that a billion Indians or Chinese are going to invade his country, a la the Mongol Horde?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #440 on: April 18, 2016, 10:18:35 am »
Quote from: tumblr user church-of-no-recess
you cannot support trans gals and be against shoplifting.

the anti-shoplifting fandom is fundamentally transmisogynistic.

the withholding of those sorts of essential goods needed for survival (food, water, clothing, cosmetics, etc) is an act of violence that kills trans gals.
I mean I can personally understand stealing food and supplies if you're poor.

Sure, if you've got no other choice, then I can understand it. But church and the rest of these fuckends are saying that shoplifting is actually Totally Virtuous and Sticking It To The Man and doesn't actually hurt retail workers (even when retail workers come out with personal accounts of being punished because of shoplifting) and also:

The villain in this scenario, as should be obvious, is not the shoplifters but the corporations. Like, they’re the ones that price things so as to be unattainable through legal means, and they’re the ones that punish their workers for people shoplifting.

YOU'RE STILL GIVING THEM EXCUSES TO, FUCKCHEESES.

Private property is theft.

okay brb breaking into your house and taking all of your shit since private property is theft

“But shoplifting is real!” Nope. They made it up. The truth hurts.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #441 on: April 18, 2016, 10:24:51 am »
Is he afraid that a billion Indians or Chinese are going to invade his country, a la the Mongol Horde?
Mainly he's scared of Muslims. ...Well he is scared of anyone who isn't white-heterosexual-Christian, but mainly complains Muslims and feminists. ...And blacks, can't forget them when you complain about "inferior races."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #442 on: April 18, 2016, 11:30:09 am »
The villain in this scenario, as should be obvious, is not the shoplifters but the corporations. Like, they’re the ones that price things so as to be unattainable through legal means, and they’re the ones that punish their workers for people shoplifting.

Hey here's an idea.  How about instead of shoplifting, you get involved in activist groups and fight for a higher minimum wage, stronger unions, a better welfare state and other things that would give you the satisfaction of sticking it to the man but actually help poor people?  Oh but that would require actual work so I guess it's too much to ask.

Even Then

« Reply #443 on: April 18, 2016, 12:02:52 pm »
That would require them to think of retail workers as people. So that's obviously impossible.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #444 on: April 18, 2016, 12:35:31 pm »
Or they have the same attitude towards the retail workers as some anarchists have towards the police: since they are working for the oppressor they deserve whatever harm they get. At least the police are trained to defend themselves and aren't as helpless as the retail wage slaves.

Even Then

« Reply #445 on: April 18, 2016, 12:46:29 pm »
"oh you want to survive in this capitalist society that we're not actually working towards dissolving? well fuck you for not wanting you and your children to slowly starve"

EDIT:

“but shoplifting hurts retail workers!” retail workers objectively shoplift more than anybody else.

she bases this on one person's personal account, by the way
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 03:30:38 pm by Even Then »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #446 on: April 18, 2016, 06:41:04 pm »
Or they have the same attitude towards the retail workers as some anarchists have towards the police: since they are working for the oppressor they deserve whatever harm they get. At least the police are trained to defend themselves and aren't as helpless as the retail wage slaves.
(Rick Mayall-esque anarchist in a supermarket)STOP OPPRESSING MEEE

(tired, overworked checkout clerk in a bone dry voice)Will that be cash, cheque or card sir?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #447 on: April 18, 2016, 08:43:16 pm »
Yeah, apparently there's a sizeable "lifting" community on tumblr (and yeah, they did give themselves a sanitized name), and a lot of them are financially stable and aren't exactly poor.  Hell, there were two "lifters" who shoplifted a fucking kitten from a shelter, then proceeded to go to Petsmart and shoplift $300 worth of pet supplies.

http://zooophagous.tumblr.com/post/123341230011/how-we-managed-to-lift-a-cat

If you want an extra treat, read the notes at the bottom and see all the "lifters" ass patting each other over this.

pyro

« Reply #448 on: April 18, 2016, 09:26:45 pm »
Yeah, apparently there's a sizeable "lifting" community on tumblr (and yeah, they did give themselves a sanitized name), and a lot of them are financially stable and aren't exatctly poor.  Hell, there were two "lifters" who shoplifted a fucking kitten from a shelter, then proceeded to go to Petsmart and shoplift $300 worth of pet supplies.

http://zooophagous.tumblr.com/post/123341230011/how-we-managed-to-lift-a-cat

If you want an extra treat, read the notes at the bottom and see all the "lifters" ass patting each other over this.

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen, after the pro-anorexia and delusional misandrist posts.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 09:46:36 pm by pyro »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #449 on: April 18, 2016, 09:28:07 pm »
I had no idea obeying the law is a "fandom."
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.