Author Topic: RIP Stephen Hawking  (Read 2351 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
RIP Stephen Hawking
« on: March 14, 2018, 02:04:55 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/stephen-hawking-dead-obituary-1.4575341

Stephen Hawking, world-renowned physicist and Lucasian Professor of Mathematics at Cambridge University, has passed away.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

Re: RIP Stephen Hawking
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 02:13:15 am »
Does this mean his Eulogy is a brief history of his time?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 05:23:47 am »
World got a little dimmer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:19:38 am »
One of the few times The Big Bang Theory was actually funny for me was Hawking's takedown of Sheldon.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2018, 10:46:36 am »
I suppose we should be thankful he lived as long as he did, but his passing still hurts.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 12:42:26 pm »
How long before the vultures start gathering and claiming he went to Hell or recanted everything on his deathbed?

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2018, 04:06:04 pm »
How long before the vultures start gathering and claiming he went to Hell or recanted everything on his deathbed?

I'm sure David J. Stewart and/or the Westboro Baptist Church already have, but I'm not gonna look.  They'll crop up on the mainpage soon enough.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2018, 04:34:41 pm »
Now.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2018, 05:59:41 pm »
Trump-fanclub is already insulting Hawkins because he called Trump a demagogue. Also they seem to have confused him with Richard Dawkins as they are putting Dawkins quotes into his mouth.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!