Author Topic: Jewish Fundamentalists Censor Women from History  (Read 4485 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: Jewish Fundamentalists Censor Women from History
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2013, 05:15:49 am »
Wouldn't be surprised if it were both.  From what I've heard, Haredi are motherfucking CRAZY.  Its folks like this that give Jews a bad name.  Jewish folks, gather up, and tell these fuckers to shut the fuck up and get outta the Stone Age, or stop associating themselves with Judaism.  Yes, I'd recommend the same to extreme sects of all faiths, not just the Abrahamic ones.  They ain't doin ya any favors.

Well, I already consider the haredi to be heretics, for a lot of reasons...
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2013, 04:53:47 pm »
Gad! The misogyny is so pathological that they don't like or want to accept the fact that human females EXIST! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE GUYS?! Even other deranged woman-hating fundies don't airbrush or blur-away women & girls in images & such!

YO, HAREDI GUYS! WOMEN & GIRLS EXIST! GET OVER IT!

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 08:21:17 pm »
Wouldn't be surprised if it were both.  From what I've heard, Haredi are motherfucking CRAZY.  Its folks like this that give Jews a bad name.  Jewish folks, gather up, and tell these fuckers to shut the fuck up and get outta the Stone Age, or stop associating themselves with Judaism.  Yes, I'd recommend the same to extreme sects of all faiths, not just the Abrahamic ones.  They ain't doin ya any favors.

Care to elaborate, they seem to come across as the Jewish equivalent of Rapturites in terms of theological accuracy. Or am I mistaken?

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 08:22:29 pm »

Care to elaborate, they seem to come across as the Jewish equivalent of Rapturites in terms of theological accuracy. Or am I mistaken?

They sound more like the Jewish equivalent of Westboro Baptist....
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 08:39:35 pm »

One big problem I have with them is that their men refuse to work, and spend all their time studying Torah. While Torah study is itself worthwhile, there is a strong tradition that it should not be a profession. Most modern rabbis are teachers, counselors, or administrators by profession. The great sages all had day jobs - Maimonides was a doctor, and Rashi was a winemaker. Instead, the haredi don't work, and instead rely on charity to support themselves.

But really, the fact that they give Judaism a bad name is the worst crime of all - literally. The worst sin in Judaism is chillul hashem, or "Desecration of the Name". I would translate it as hurting G-d's PR. It is the worst sin because it drives others away from G-d, leading them to sin in turn. And it cannot be atoned for.

Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 08:59:32 pm »

One big problem I have with them is that their men refuse to work, and spend all their time studying Torah. While Torah study is itself worthwhile, there is a strong tradition that it should not be a profession. Most modern rabbis are teachers, counselors, or administrators by profession. The great sages all had day jobs - Maimonides was a doctor, and Rashi was a winemaker. Instead, the haredi don't work, and instead rely on charity to support themselves.

But really, the fact that they give Judaism a bad name is the worst crime of all - literally. The worst sin in Judaism is chillul hashem, or "Desecration of the Name". I would translate it as hurting G-d's PR. It is the worst sin because it drives others away from G-d, leading them to sin in turn. And it cannot be atoned for.

Sounds a lot like my late Grandpa. After one term of duty in WWII, he spent the rest of his life collecting VA benefits and spending 100% of his time reading the Bible. My mom often tells stories of when she was in the hospital with a broken bone as a child, and was never visited by her father because he "was too busy studying the Bible."

I just can't fathom why a person of any religion would not want to be educated about the world. I would think it would make their study more informed. At least RR, as weird as their beliefs are, follow world events on a daily basis. I find that more respectable than someone who is completely ignorant of the world.
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 10:59:21 pm »

I think part of the reason for their reliance on public charity is also because of the woefully inadequate education they receive. In Haredi communities, "secular" education (that is, everything that is actually applicable to day-to-day life skills) is discontinued at around junior high. Young men are encouraged to go into religious studies exclusively instead of learning all the other things you're supposed to learn in high school. As a result they're really quite unequipped for getting into any legitimate institute of higher education that could land them a real jerb. It's not much better for women either, since marriages are pretty much arranged with almost no courtship period and they're basically required to pop out as many kids as possible.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2013, 01:53:25 am »
So...they're the Jewish equivalent of the crazy Quiverfull fuckers?  God damn it...not, literally, if there is a god, damn them.  A good millennium of ass-whipping in the afterworld is more than acceptable.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2013, 09:09:48 pm »
So...they're the Jewish equivalent of the crazy Quiverfull fuckers?  God damn it...not, literally, if there is a god, damn them.  A good millennium of ass-whipping in the afterworld is more than acceptable.

Well, according to my personal beliefs, if they're lucky, they'll get the maximum period - 12 months.

If they're unlucky, they'll just cease to exist.