Author Topic: OH MY FUCKING GOD! OBAMA READS A BESTSELLING BOOK GAIZ!  (Read 4656 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
OH MY FUCKING GOD! OBAMA READS A BESTSELLING BOOK GAIZ!
« on: March 30, 2012, 12:34:14 am »
Fearmongering is in full swing, I see. *headdesks repeatedly*

http://www.amazon.com/The-Post-American-World-Fareed-Zakaria/dp/039306235X

Yeah, I would've posted this in the FB post thread, but I though this utter retardation required a special post all its own.

Oh, I forgot...to...one sec...

I derped blacking out a name.  Fix'd.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 01:15:28 am by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: OH MY FUCKING GOD! OBAMA READS A BESTSELLING BOOK GAIZ!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 01:17:13 am »
Eh, Obama can't even sneeze without the far-right accusing him of destroying America or attempting to incite a race war. This non-controversy doesn't surprise me at all.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 01:41:22 am »

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:42 am »
I've read a bit of the Post American World (the last 2 chapters) and it seemed pretty praiseworthy about America in many ways such as going on about the economic might of America compared to other countries. The book reckoned that America would still be powerfukl just countries like Brazil India & China were on the rise so that the new world was likely to be one of multipolar power rather than unilateral dominance by the US.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 09:51:08 am »
Whoever posted that needs to get up to date. That's a four year old "ZOMG OH NOES SECRET MUSLIN" picture.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2012, 10:25:06 am »
Fareed Zakaria has a show on CNN as well, and he tends to strike a very wizened, pragmatic tone about foreign affairs. This is not a man who'd bomb the first country that looks at the US funny, what with his own native country engaged in a cold war with Pakistan all his own life.

I guess that's why the right wing hates him; too much restraint.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2012, 11:26:04 am »
Directed at the person who wrote this

1) I had to read this for an International Relations class, good read  :), but as Oft Partisan said it is more about the rise of a multiple global powers instead of a one-world-hegemon like the United States
2) I don't think Zakaria is a practicing Muslim, and if he was that doesn't mean Obama is a practicing Muslim for reading a book written by one
3) Muslims aren't scary people, get over yourselves.
4) If you don't want to prove Zakaria's thesis correct, stop supporting stupid interventionist wars that squander our resources and global standing.
5) Have these fuckwits learned yet that you shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Just because it says "The Post American World" doesn't mean it deals with destroying America so the world can live in an era after it.
6) At least Obama reading college level books instead of Dr. Seuss like his predecessor
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 11:28:13 am by QueenofHearts »

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2012, 08:21:08 pm »
Does anyone actually no for sure he is a Muslim...He is from India, isn't there a decent chance he might be a Hindu person thing they call themselves?

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »

6) At least Obama reading college level books instead of Dr. Seuss like his predecessor

Oh please, Obama could read The Lorax and these people would still bitch about how Obama hates corporations.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 07:11:51 am »

Oh please, Obama could read The Lorax and these people would still bitch about how Obama hates corporations.

The Lorax is actually quite pro-corporate, I thought. After all, isn’t its aim to teach young CEOs not to drive yourself out of business by overtaxing the resources your business is run on?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 07:21:18 am by N. De Plume »
-A Pen Name

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 07:24:47 am »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wIey1G7YXk" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wIey1G7YXk</a>
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

QueenofHearts

« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 07:29:46 am »
Does anyone actually no for sure he is a Muslim...He is from India, isn't there a decent chance he might be a Hindu person thing they call themselves?

As per wikipedia he [Fareed] comes from a Hindi part of India [Mumbai], although his parents were Islamic. His father was a prominent politician and Islamic scholar. In spite of this, his parents were fairly secular and like many affluent Indians of the 20's, 30's, and 40's were immersed in British culture. Sadly, I couldn't find anything credible to say one way or another if Fareed is a practicing Muslim.

Not that it matters. He has dark skin and a funny name, so according to teabagger logic, he's a Muslim.

@Tai :D

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 11:37:31 am »

As per wikipedia he [Fareed] comes from a Hindi part of India [Mumbai], although his parents were Islamic. His father was a prominent politician and Islamic scholar. In spite of this, his parents were fairly secular and like many affluent Indians of the 20's, 30's, and 40's were immersed in British culture. Sadly, I couldn't find anything credible to say one way or another if Fareed is a practicing Muslim.

Not that it matters. He has dark skin and a funny name, so according to teabagger logic, he's a Muslim.

@Tai :D

And therefore scary and evil!
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 12:30:11 pm »
First of all, that's a 4 year old picture, and second of all, that book is not about the "world after America," it's about a world in which America is not the ultimate, all-overriding dominant force in the world. That, if you have been paying attention at all, is the world we do, in fact, live in right now. Jamming your head in the sand and pretending everything is like it was in the 80s or 90s doesn't change the reality of today. I find it very encouraging that the President reads, and reads things that are relevant to his job.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 02:57:43 pm »
Anyone who reads any book is anti-American.  An exception is made for the Bible if you have permission from your clergyman.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.