Author Topic: Transgender Jesus  (Read 6970 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Transgender Jesus
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2015, 04:30:57 am »
Why does the theory "Jesus was divine being but had to be female because biology" get more attention here than either "Jesus wasn't born miraculously from a virgin and wasn't a divine being" or "Jesus was divine being and his birth was a miracle so he could have been male."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2015, 05:08:24 am »
It's not exactly a theory I personally espouse, I just tangented off it because it made me think.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2015, 05:24:00 am »
Why does the theory "Jesus was divine being but had to be female because biology" get more attention here than either "Jesus wasn't born miraculously from a virgin and wasn't a divine being" or "Jesus was divine being and his birth was a miracle so he could have been male."
Probably because the former is the topic of the thread. If you were to ask what people actually think, I can't imagine it would be anywhere near the top answer.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2015, 12:51:56 pm »
Counterpoint: God is male, and Jesus is in every Biblical source said to be the son of God, which would imply that he does have a Y chromosome, just not a human one. No, he has the divine Y chromosome.

Assuming the Bible is literal fact, of course.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2015, 01:43:25 pm »
It's unfortunate to see that some people have such an attachment to the Bible that they pretend it says things that sound nice in contemporary society when it often said the opposite.

Look elsewhere for mythology that has anything nice to say about transpeople. Christianity is a force of hostility toward people that aren't men born male.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2015, 02:06:47 pm »
It's unfortunate to see that some people have such an attachment to the Bible that they pretend it says things that sound nice in contemporary society when it often said the opposite.

Look elsewhere for mythology that has anything nice to say about transpeople. Christianity is a force of hostility toward people that aren't men born male.

Because, as we all know, every single Christian is a transphobe.

And that's rich coming from somebody who deliberately misgendered a transwoman.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 04:19:05 pm »

1) You're misreading the thread. Headcanonning Jesus as trans is not about what the Bible says, it's about what it doesn't. A headcanon is not necessarily supported by the author, it just has to be not actively contradicted. Nobody thinks early Christians were in favour of trans people.

2) The Bible does not have anything at all to say about trans people, positive or negative (I'm welcome to being proven wrong here). Modern Christianity does, but that's not the same thing.

3) Galatians 3:28 "There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus." Emphasis mine.
Σא