Author Topic: (possible) Eliott Rodger Inspired Horror Movie  (Read 1938 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
(possible) Eliott Rodger Inspired Horror Movie
« on: November 12, 2015, 05:20:13 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBF3jqeYjUo

Del Playa is one of the locations Rodger was sighted in, and the whole thing takes place in Isla Vista.

My impressions;

* Okay, I see the Eliott Rodger here. Made Expy Eliott even prettier than the real one was and added a mask for some reason. Do all horror movie villains need some kind of mask?
* Potentially very good kill cinematography, exploration of the slasher's mind.
* Lots of very, very angry comments.

So, lets hear some opinions around here. Is this in bad taste? Can we take the director's word that this is NOT actually a movie about Rodger, due to the fact he went to Isla Vista?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: (possible) Eliott Rodger Inspired Horror Movie
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2015, 11:57:03 am »
Or, he could make slasher flick of a Sandy Hook scenario, but locate it in the next town down the road from there, but NO! This just adds to the motivation of attention and fame-seeking mass murderers and domestic terrorists - "My name will be all over the media and Someday a movie will be made about me".
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2015, 01:03:08 pm »
Way to go and give these MRA dudebro fucktards some incentive to shoot up a sorority house there Hollywood.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 01:10:08 pm »
Yes, let's make movies about these people.  That won't have any negative impact whatsoever!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:13:16 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 02:17:00 pm »
Who is Eliott Rodgers?
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2015, 02:22:20 pm »
I get the argument that this could inspire somebody to start a shooting, but with school shootings getting wall-to-wall media coverage, I'm not sure if this could have any measurable effect on the quantity of them.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2015, 04:23:08 pm »
This flick's an angry young man goes and kills pretty girls who won't date him. Elliot Rodgers videoed himself explaining that he no longer wanted to live as a twenty-something virgin, and that he basically was going to randomly take girls and dudes that date them to hell with him. Not long ago, a bitter misogynistic old man in Louisiana shot dead two girls in a theatre that was showing Amy Shumer's Trainwreck. These are something different from school shootings. They are literally hunting and killing random women and girls out of MRA/MGTOW inspired hatred.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2015, 07:35:38 pm »
Men Going Their Own Way should go ahead, and you know, go their own way and GO AWAY.

Yeah, I think I can see something of a continuous chain of these murderous losers lashing out.

Even if it "glorifies" them, one can easily see how an "enraged, murderous MRA" makes a good horror movie villain. The usual slasher has little or no reason why he targets young women. Oh, sure there may eventually be a "murderous celtic hunchback spirit" or "actually is a murderous hellghost" added on, but at first there is utterly nothing beyond "this guy / gal (cannot forget Mrs. Voorhees) is just murderously insane and out for blood". Having a psycho MRA as the villain shows him as being more of a real villain, lending an edge to the horror that was previously just cartoonish and about a guy who most of the time is silent (except Krueger). With the MRA as our villain, we have a character who is out to kill "sluts and whores and their mangina boyfriends" who "would not recognize ME for the superior gentleman I am". He's much, much more in your face, and instead of a mutant who crawled out of a lake, we have someone who you could meet and just dislike for being a dick, who is now a murderous monster, and its absolutely believable that he's been planning out this murderous rampage. And it makes it even more satisfying by the end, when the Final Girl utterly defies the MRA-Monster, and physically triumphs over him ala Sidney Prescott, thus permanently refuting the ideology of the likes of Vox Day.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 08:29:47 pm »
Men Going Their Own Way should go ahead, and you know, go their own way and GO AWAY.

Yeah, I think I can see something of a continuous chain of these murderous losers lashing out.

Even if it "glorifies" them, one can easily see how an "enraged, murderous MRA" makes a good horror movie villain. The usual slasher has little or no reason why he targets young women. Oh, sure there may eventually be a "murderous celtic hunchback spirit" or "actually is a murderous hellghost" added on, but at first there is utterly nothing beyond "this guy / gal (cannot forget Mrs. Voorhees) is just murderously insane and out for blood". Having a psycho MRA as the villain shows him as being more of a real villain, lending an edge to the horror that was previously just cartoonish and about a guy who most of the time is silent (except Krueger). With the MRA as our villain, we have a character who is out to kill "sluts and whores and their mangina boyfriends" who "would not recognize ME for the superior gentleman I am". He's much, much more in your face, and instead of a mutant who crawled out of a lake, we have someone who you could meet and just dislike for being a dick, who is now a murderous monster, and its absolutely believable that he's been planning out this murderous rampage. And it makes it even more satisfying by the end, when the Final Girl utterly defies the MRA-Monster, and physically triumphs over him ala Sidney Prescott, thus permanently refuting the ideology of the likes of Vox Day.

You know, that might actually make for an interesting twist on the genre.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2015, 09:04:34 pm »
Which, of course, means that it'll never happen.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2015, 09:30:23 pm »
This...thing could go that direction. I know people who would pay good money to see a Final Girl kick Eliott Rodger's skinny little ass.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2015, 11:57:45 pm »
Its an idea. Lets get on that if this isn't that.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 08:59:04 am »
Who is Eliott Rodgers?
Basically, a rich kid that couldn't get laid so he killed some people, then himself, because douchebag.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2015, 09:36:23 am »
And who also expected a nation-wide uprising of so called "alpha predators" who would use his death as a rallying call to get back at all the "bitches" who ignored them for so long.