Author Topic: Bullied 8th Grader Commits Suicide in School Bathroom  (Read 5908 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Bullied 8th Grader Commits Suicide in School Bathroom
« on: March 21, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/21/bullied-michigan-8th-grader-dead-after-shooting-himself-in-school-bathroom/

Is it EVER going to end? When the fuck are bullies going to learn that their actions have long lasting consequences?!

Distind

Re: Bullied 8th Grader Commits Suicide in School Bathroom
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 04:29:34 pm »
Um, how'd the kid get a fucking gun?

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 04:39:29 pm »
I don't know, but then again, how does ANY kid get their hands on a gun? He most likely swiped it from his parents before going to school. Until they release more details, we have no way of knowing for sure.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 04:55:37 pm »
It's probably not that hard. Most kids I know could get their hands on one easy, and many own guns themselves.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Online dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:03 pm »
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/03/21/bullied-michigan-8th-grader-dead-after-shooting-himself-in-school-bathroom/

Is it EVER going to end? When the fuck are bullies going to learn that their actions have long lasting consequences?!

I imagine a lot of them know that their actions do have long-lasting consequences--and that's part of why they do it.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 08:19:42 pm »
The sad thing is, bullies probably don't realize that THEY were the reason he killed himself. It seems like bullies think they're doing the right thing, so when someone gets hurt by what their doing, they'll think that their response to their pain is just because the victim was doing the "wrong" thing.
Like, remember Amanda Todd? When she died people threw a party about it. I don't think people like that realize that they did something wrong at all. They view themselves as heroes probably.

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 08:26:08 pm »
Think how many school shootings could be prevented if we had cracked down on bullying back in the 90s instead of wasting time blaming video games

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 08:27:39 pm »

I imagine a lot of them know that their actions do have long-lasting consequences--and that's part of why they do it.

Maybe a few of them do.  But usually, I think, most bullies actually feel inadequate and/or are bullied at home themselves.  By bullying others, especially the weak or meek, they give themselves a feeling of superiority.  From my experience, most bullies couldn't think their way out of a wet paper bag so don't give a thought to the long term consequences of their bullying.  Or if they do, they just don't give a damn.

Bullies must be dealt with severely if it is ever going to be reduced.  Like any other type of crime, it won't ever be eliminated because there are going to be sociopaths, like the asshole in Ohio, that doesn't give a shit about living in a civilized manner and behaving in an acceptable way.  But for those that have any redeeming value within them, they must know that their actions are going to have consequences that affect them personally in a negative manner.  It's the only thing they understand.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 08:31:06 pm »
A lot of bullies seem to think they're heroes it seems like... At least with the ones I've encountered.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:14 pm »
When did suicide become the thing to do if bullied?
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 09:01:37 pm »
My sister has been having problems with her 8 yr old son bullying a 5 year old at school. Talking to him and punishing him haven't done anything, so I intend to go down there to talk to him myself as soon as I get the chance. I'm hoping that having his auntie tell him about her experiences with bullying in school and how it fucked me up mentally might get through to him. We have to nip his behavior before it becomes a major problem.

Probably since the schools started punishing the bullied children for finally retaliating against their tormentors.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 11:01:04 pm »
Think how many school shootings could be prevented if we had cracked down on bullying back in the 90s instead of wasting time blaming video games

But tackling the root of the problem is HARD, man!  That takes thinking and work and shit.  Oh, and it takes courage.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 12:59:49 am »
When the fuck are bullies going to learn that their actions have long lasting consequences?!

Never. Bullying has always existed and always will exist as long as life continues. We can only mitigate it and help the victims, but never stamp it out. Of course, "Stop Bullying" sounds better than "Make Bullying A Bit Less Common If We Can Manage It."

Suicide's not something done lightly (and immediately final measures like a bullet to the brain aren't done on a spur-of-the-moment decision), and isn't considered laudable in American culture. Someone who would commit suicide over bullying probably had other problems, whether more stress or mental illness, that contributed.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline poeticmind0189

• Neonate
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 02:22:37 am »

I totally agree with the up above comment. I've read both Rachel's Tears and She Said Yes, but I can also honestly say I’ve read the other side of the story of Columbine through the book, No Easy Answers the truth behind death at columbine.   I find it just a tad humorous how quickly people judge the media rather it be:  music, video games, or even movies. “Think about all the kids who play video games like Doom, but don’t feel the urge to imitate them in real life. They’re the juggalos who listen to Insane Clown Posse rap about brutality and serial killers, but have no desire to kill anyone (16)”.  “The music industry was one of the biggest targets criticized after the attack on Columbine….music doesn’t teach people to kill. Music creates an emotion, whether it’s anger, sorrow, thoughtfulness, happiness or humor.  What people do with their emotions is up to them(17)”.  Why bash on Insane Clown Posse because they sing songs pertaining to sex, murder and brutality. When the duo themselves put it best by the face paint they wear, They are quite literally wearing clown makeup hence their name. If someone takes what they say seriously , then they have issues – don’t blame the music- blame society. Marilyn Manson is an entertainer and not a leader. “…Although Marilyn Manson, ICP and Rammstein  have some songs with a very powerful message, they aren’t trying to change the world (17/18)”. They are simply expressing what they think and not telling people how to act. “So why is music so violent? Simple-our society is a violent culture in and of itself,…our music is a reflection of that (18)”.  “Violent music did not just appear one day and unleash .  Society created violent music, because there was something happening in society that made that kind of music appealing (18)”.  “The bigger question is this: What is happening to make society want this kind of entertainment  (18)”. What is going on in the world to make violent media so appealing? Think of what is on the news we see that we are living in a world, where people murder, rape, and steal from one another on a regular basis. Sadly what Hollywood or game manufacturers have to offer in society is fairly insignificant, when it comes to actual society. 

Kids being bullied is the issue- NOT THE MEDIA.  What people need to realize is this: there is only so much a person can take before they snap. When a person snaps catastrophe can ensue. Rather it be the person committing suicide, or the person directing it to other people through homicide. This is exactly what happened in the case of the “Columbine Massacre”.  These two young men Klebold and Harris got so fed up with the torment they received, they went to extreme measures to end it through violence. Sadly, on 4-20-1999, Klebold and Harris killed 13 victims and injured 24 more, Before turning the guns on themselves. What most people fail to realize is this: There were 15 victims that day. Two of whom were victims of bullying that finally snapped.

P.S. I do not condone what happened on 4-20-1999, but it gave light to the issue of bullying. I believe that all groups Christians(they judged them), Jocks(they tormented them) , and Klebold and Harris(who killed thirteen people and injured 24 others) were all in the wrong. On the other hand, why does it take an extremist to prove a point.
 Brown, Brooks, and Rob Merritt. No Easy Answers: the Truth behind Death at Columbine. New York: Lantern, 2002. Print.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 02:48:18 am »
Um, how'd the kid get a fucking gun?
It's America. Where kids not having access to guns is the exception rather than the rule.