Author Topic: One Million Moms to take on Gay Day  (Read 5674 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
One Million Moms to take on Gay Day
« on: May 13, 2013, 01:08:16 pm »
In case nobody knew, there is a tradition at Disney where the first weekend of June, a large number of LBGT descend on Disney for an unofficial day of recondition.  They all wear the same shirts and have a great time.  Welp...One Million Moms are going after this unofficial but still sanctioned day.

Walt Disney World's unofficial "Gay Days" tradition is coming under fire from a conservative and notoriously anti-gay group.

One Million Moms, a division of the American Family Association best known for threatening to boycott JC Penney after the retail chain hired Ellen DeGeneres as its spokesperson, now sets its sights on the Orlando-based resort.

"The first Saturday in June, homosexuals, bisexuals and transvestites will be at the Magic Kingdom with an agenda and purpose different than what would be expected at Disney," members of the group write on their website. "Homosexuals will be celebrating the 23rd anniversary of Gay Day wearing matching Gay Day merchandise, such as T-shirts. There will also be transvestites dressed in drag showing their support for the event."

Urging visitors to send an email to Disney's CEO and other officials, the post continues, "Disney has been irresponsible for far too long. Disney representatives and security need to maintain a family-friendly atmosphere and require proper conduct and dress code on a daily basis."

Oh noes!  The ickey gays are there and they're wearing shirts that say...GAY DAY!  We must stop this.

I find it interesting that they want Disney to maintain a proper conduct and dress code though.  But what is proper dress code anyways?  My guess is they're targeting the transvestites but what about the girls who where shorts that are clearly waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to short.  Will they be forced to change into something more decorous or something?  Because let me tell you, IT'S FUCKING HOT IN FLORIDA!  Me thinks this will be like the JC Penny boycott though.

Ironbite-utterly meaningless just like One Million Moms.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: One Million Moms to take on Gay Day
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 01:17:29 pm »
Is there even ONE mom in OMM?
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2013, 02:30:39 pm »
My mom was once kicked out of Disneyland because her date's hair touched his collar. Times change, often for the better. That pisses some people off.

I'm glad too see Disney becoming more lgbt friendly. I hope they stand up to OMM.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 02:42:07 pm »
Well now, a Facebook group called One Million Human beings has been formed to counter their B.S.:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/One-Million-Human-Beings-Against-One-Million-Moms/283203235026830
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 04:34:23 pm »
"One Million Moms"? More like "One Mad Mom".

These dorks always astroturf, like The American Family Association Of One Guy Named Bryan Fischer & Maybe A Few Cronies Named Cletus.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2013, 04:45:51 pm »
I wonder how they would even enforce this considering Disney doesnt even give a damn, they are just treating the gay day people like any other paying customer, even if you got rid of the shirt they are still gonna be around

On June 1, unsuspecting families will witness a well-orchestrated event that Disney says they have no control over. Disney has taken no action to stop this, which leaves families stunned and offended. So instead of a normal day at this popular theme park, parents will be angry at the harm this causes families.

Little Julie: mommy why does that shirt say gay day
Mom:oh my god, please no
Julie: mommy whats happening. Mommy....mommy, im being sympathetic toward gays
Mom: JULIE NOOOOOOOO
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2013, 04:51:10 pm »
"One Million Moms"? More like "One Mad Mom".

These dorks always astroturf, like The American Family Association Of One Guy Named Bryan Fischer & Maybe A Few Cronies Named Cletus.

A comment from the article:

Can we see the membership list of One Million Moms? The head organization (American Family Association) states:

Founder(s): Donald Wildmon
Type:  Public charity 501(c)(3)
Tax ID No.: 64-0607275 (EIN)
Founded: 1977
Headquarters: Tupelo, Mississippi
Key people: Tim Wildmon, President
Volunteers: 175
Employees: 192
Members: 12

Perhaps we should rename the group into One Dozen Moms?

It says that the founder and president are both guys.  This organization is misleading all over the place, isn't it?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2013, 05:37:06 pm »
Meh. Disney has always been gay friendly, both with their employees and the public, and have never backed down from Totally Ignoring hate groups' bullshit. Besides, how many of these derpy little house wives are gonna shell out 85 bucks plus travel expenses to protest it?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2013, 06:19:42 pm »
Meh. Disney has always been gay friendly, both with their employees and the public, and have never backed down from Totally Ignoring hate groups' bullshit. Besides, how many of these derpy little house wives are gonna shell out 85 bucks plus travel expenses to protest it?

None. Because they don't exist. The known membership of One Million Moms is entirely male.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2013, 07:47:00 pm »

None. Because they don't exist. The known membership of One Million Moms is entirely male.

I'm inspired to borrow from video game news to coin a term for this phenom (as there are other "grassroot"less "organizations around - Vapor PAC!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2013, 09:45:53 pm »
I'm curious. What is it they want Disney to do? Ban people from wearing "gay day" shirts or go all out and forbid anyone who isn't heterosexual from entering the park? It's baffling.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2013, 12:23:55 am »
I'm glad too see Disney becoming more lgbt friendly. I hope they stand up to OMM.
Of course they will. Gay Days net them quite a bit of business. One Million Moms, on the other hand, are a bunch of windbags who're irrelevant not just to Disney's bottom line, but also society in general.

I don't think we need to worry about anything at all coming of this.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2013, 12:24:48 am »
I'm curious. What is it they want Disney to do? Ban people from wearing "gay day" shirts or go all out and forbid anyone who isn't heterosexual from entering the park? It's baffling.

Knowing the AFA, they won't be pleased until Disney World's hosting a live lynching of a homosexual on a daily basis.

What?  They're a hate group, and either way, I doubt they'd care if it happened.  Groups like this are a fucking blight...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2013, 01:03:26 am »
Every time OMM tries to boycott something expecting the rest of the country to go with them, it blows up in their faces.  Ellen becoming the spokeswoman of JC Penny?  Sales doubled for a while.  Archie Comics having a gay wedding?  They had to do a second and third print of the comic.  This, like everything else they touch, will backfire on 'em.

Ironbite-it's just how the world operates now.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2013, 01:46:18 am »
What if they're double agents?!