Author Topic: Entirely fictional EDL supporter commits suicide  (Read 3856 times)

Offline The Prophet Mohammed (PBUM)

• Neonate
Entirely fictional EDL supporter commits suicide
« on: August 02, 2013, 01:14:31 pm »
This posting has gone viral across various British far-right Facebook pages, and has also made it to a BNP blog and Stormfront:

43 YEAR OLD EDL MEMBER, JOHN GREEN TAKES HIS OWN LIFE AFTER HOPE NOT HATE RUN A TARGETED HATE CAMPAIGN AGAINST HIM:

PLEASE SHARE:

The father of 4 from Leeds was made the victim of an ongoing smear campaign by the left wing extremist blog, Hope Not hate. John was like most ordinary men his age, he had a business, a family but he was patriotic towards his country. It was through his patriotism that Hope not Hate targeted him and ran article after article accusing him of doing a number of horrific things.

After an Article about the EDL was featured on Hope Not Hate which mentioned John, he lost his job and was accused of being a racist. Police say that john went through a traumatic period and had been severely depressed by the hate campaign.

On July 22nd, John went into his garage and hung himself from the roof. His suicide note mentions the reason why he decided to take his own life.

Just another victim at the hands of HOPE not hate, RIP John, you will be missed. NFSE!

I searched the Hope not Hate website for any mention of the name John Green, but could find no evidence of this "ongoing smear campaign". I get that HnH may have removed the pages after his suicide, but since Green allegedly hanged himself on 22 July it seemed strange that there weren't even any Google caches.

Sure enough, it turns out that the entire story was fabricated: the photo used in the story actually depicts Andrew Bunby, who went missing in 2007. You know your campaign group is on sure ground when you have to invent fictional suicide cases to make yourselves look like victims.

From one of the Stormfronters:

So what are the coppers going to do about it? Has the terrorist Nick Lowles had his door panned in at six in the morning and his computer taken away? Or are the coppers saying it was the wrong kind of hate to justify their involvement and Mr Green the wrong type of victim?

I'm afraid that he was definitely the wrong type of victim - most laws only cover people who actually, y'know, exist.

Offline Potenatae Argyros

• Neonate
  • Sorry to pop in unannounced.
Re: Entirely fictional EDL supporter commits suicide
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2013, 01:21:43 pm »
You know, i feel sorry for Bunby. Sorry that's his disappearance/possible death is now used as a tool to spread racial hatred by a bunch of dicks trying to turn the UK into a wannabe Airstrip One.  :'(
I came up with this signature all by myself.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2013, 04:40:11 pm »
*BLAUGH*! These EDL loons are scum! Fabricate an imaginary bigot-suicide plaster the face of a missing (and likely deceased) man with health issues on it! That's really, really LOW!

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 07:10:15 pm »
I... I don't even... how utterly screwed up in the head do you have to be to say "Hey, I know what will win us support. Let's invent a fake person, say they committed suicide, use the image of a real missing person, and blame our opponent for this fictional event. GENIUS!"
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 07:32:44 pm »
God, even the Tea Party hasn't tried something like this. As crazy as our Far-Right is, the British Far-Right is definitely crazier.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 10:58:06 pm »
This reeks of desperation. How bad off are you that you have to resort to using a fake suicide in an attempt to garner more votes? I like to think of it as good news when a band of bigots is so desperate for cred that they resort to something like this.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2013, 02:21:18 am »
But they have such captivating public speakers!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 02:24:28 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2013, 05:42:06 am »
God, even the Tea Party hasn't tried something like this. As crazy as our Far-Right is, the British Far-Right is definitely crazier.

The EDL are out past the normal Far-Right, which is the BNP. And the BNP are already mocked by most of the media, barring maybe the Daily Express and the Daily Mail on an angry day.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2013, 10:40:06 am »

"Muslamic Ray Guns"? :o

Excuse me.....

*BWWWAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!*

;D Thank you for sharing with us that bit of EDL insanity! ;D

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2013, 01:40:47 pm »

Excuse me.....

*BWWWAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!*

I don't think we should be taking this lightly. if the muslamics have ray guns, what else could they possibly have? star destroyers?

Offline A Pedant

• Neonate
    • I almost never post on my blog
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2013, 03:03:34 pm »

Excuse me.....

*BWWWAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!*

Thanks to a youth working in late-night fast food I speak a little drunk stupid person and by the sixth or seventh time I heard it I just about made out that he is saying "muslamic rape gangs".

I always think that the biggest sign we should take the EDL's views seriously is how drunk they are at the 9am start of their rallies. It's a known and accepted fact that most of the greatest minds of humanity get utterly rat-arsed before making any serious and important point.

The EDL-BNP-UKIP right-wing leadership hate HnH, possibly because most of the "UKIP/BNP candidate reveals themselves as bigot by saying bigoted things" stories during the last election campaign were uprooted by his vigilance on Twitter and Facebook.
Live Fats Die Yo Gnu

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2013, 07:31:05 pm »
I... I don't even... how utterly screwed up in the head do you have to be to say "Hey, I know what will win us support. Let's invent a fake person, say they committed suicide, use the image of a real missing person, and blame our opponent for this fictional event. GENIUS!"
You just have to be right wing.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2013, 08:37:14 pm »
I always think that the biggest sign we should take the EDL's views seriously is how drunk they are at the 9am start of their rallies. It's a known and accepted fact that most of the greatest minds of humanity get utterly rat-arsed before making any serious and important point.

Yeah, the bastards are dangerous.

But then so are most of the insane/stupid people quoted on FSTDT. I have to share the same planet with these lunatics and laughing at them helps keep me sane!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 08:38:53 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2013, 10:26:00 pm »

Excuse me.....

*BWWWAAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!*

Thanks to a youth working in late-night fast food I speak a little drunk stupid person and by the sixth or seventh time I heard it I just about made out that he is saying "muslamic rape gangs".

The EDL-BNP-UKIP right-wing leadership hate HnH, possibly because most of the "UKIP/BNP candidate reveals themselves as bigot by saying bigoted things" stories during the last election campaign were uprooted by his vigilance on Twitter and Facebook.

Yup. I'd say, "Yo, bigot! If you're gonna make an argument, lay off the sauce beforehand, or your 'rape gang' comment will be mis-heard as something entirely silly rather than unnerving".

Offline The Prophet Mohammed (PBUM)

• Neonate
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2013, 03:05:15 am »
Aaaaaand it's happened again.

http://dailybale.wordpress.com/2013/08/03/self-harm-because-of-hope-not-hate-campaign/

(click to show/hide)

After a recent hate campaign conducted by Hope not Hate subsidiary, Edlnews.co.uk a woman who has asked not to be named sent us in these shocking photographs which so a history of self harm.

Hope not hate successfully managed to destroy her business by telling clients that she has been involved in serious crimes and was an EDL flag barer.

After her business was completely destroyed, Hope not Hate run by Nick Lowles then decided to contact her friends and family, telling her that she had been involved with race hate crimes and that she was currently under investigation by the local police authority.

As a result of this hate campaign waged against her, the anonymous lady started to self harm and attempted to commit suicide on 2 different occasions, luckily saved by her husband who realized what was going on.

After shocking and tragic death of the EDL’s John Green who committed suicide because of a similar Hope not Hate campaign, here is solid evidence to show that these manipulative left wing criminals are responsible for harming British People.

Does this sort of thing make Nick Lowles Proud?

Curious that the photo in the article looks so similar to this 2006 image from Wikimedia Commons.

EDIT: It gets deeper. It looks like the above blog - BALE, or Britons Against Left-Wing Extremism - was responsible for spreading the fake "John Green" story on Facebook.

Doing some digging, I also found this post:

http://dailybale.wordpress.com/2013/08/02/81-year-old-war-hero-assaulted-because-of-hope-not-hate-campaign-against-him/

Jeremy Longford from Leeds decided to support his local detachment of EDL on a recent demonstration in Birmingham. When Hope not hate ran an article on him a week later accusing him of being the “converted nazi”, Jeremy was attacked in the street by a mob who openly accused him of having Nazi sympathies.

Only thing is, the image used to illustrate this story depicts an American man named Jose Rodriguez.

It looks like Britons Against Left-Wing Extremism is an agency which exists entirely to invent attacks on fictional right-wingers.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 03:32:36 pm by The Prophet Mohammed (PBUM) »