Author Topic: Piers Morgan Live is being cancelled  (Read 6338 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Piers Morgan Live is being cancelled
« on: February 24, 2014, 09:13:17 am »
http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/piers-morgan-s-cnn-show-cancelled-after-3-years-1.2548831

I imagine there will be some here who will be dancing on this show's grave.

CNN's prime-time talk show Piers Morgan Live is coming to an end, the news channel said Sunday.

Morgan, who succeeded Larry King in the 9 p.m. ET time slot three years ago, was drawing lacklustre ratings. In contrast, King had a 25-year run on CNN.

Morgan told The New York Times that his show lately has "taken a bath in the ratings" but that he and CNN President Jeff Zucker were discussing a new role for him at the channel. CNN's audience has tired of hearing a Brit weigh in American cultural issues, Morgan said in a story posted online Sunday.

Morgan served as editor of The Daily Mirror from 1995 to 2004. He has been questioned in connection with Britain's long-running phone hacking scandal, which has led to numerous arrests, resignations and the closure of Rupert Murdoch's News of the World tabloid.

Earlier this month, Morgan confirmed that he was interviewed in December by British police investigating the illegal interception of telephone voicemails. Morgan, who said he had given a previous witness statement, has consistently denied wrongdoing.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline IanC

• Pope
Re: Piers Morgan Live is being cancelled
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2014, 11:31:42 am »
BTW, we don't want him back.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2014, 11:36:49 am »
It's a good sign.
I hope this'll serve as a lesson to the next "Ally" who makes a dick out of himself.

He did make an ass of himself, but that might not be at all related to CNN's decision to drop him. It might just be what they said--his ratings were low, and I have no idea whether his comments had anything to do with that.

He also might stay with CNN anyway, just not with his own show.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2014, 12:04:07 pm »
Hated in Britain, and now hated in America.  Where's he going to go next?

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »
Australia.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2014, 12:16:00 pm »
Australia.
Let's hope he runs afoul of a saltie.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2014, 01:28:26 pm »
His best ever show was when Alex Jones came on and totally whigged the fuck out. Epic! Other than that, I haven't watched more than 7 airings, and can't remember any of those...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmdg9_IUl5k" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jmdg9_IUl5k</a>
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:34:40 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2014, 01:53:58 pm »
Hopefully he'll fuck off somewhere so we need not ever listen to him again

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 02:48:53 pm »
Considering we're playing hot potato with Bieber and he's Canadian, I have no idea what will become of Piers.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 03:50:03 pm »
Considering we're playing hot potato with Bieber and he's Canadian, I have no idea what will become of Piers.

I'm just going to point out that there is a very large ocean between the North American continent and England... I'm sure it would be a shame if something would go wrong with his deportation and he wouldn't make it all the way across.

I just know that it would be a blow for journalism worldwide.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2014, 05:46:45 pm »
Australia.
Don't even think about it, pal.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2014, 05:56:42 pm »
How about Antarctica? Australia may appear to be nature's end boss, but if you enter the Secret Password
(click to show/hide)
you face the real end boss.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2014, 06:10:41 pm »
Australia.
In the desert in Australia.
You guys have plenty of deserts in America. Not only that, but your deserts have rattlesnakes.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2014, 07:31:43 pm »
Australia.
You guys have plenty of deserts in America. Not only that, but your deserts have rattlesnakes.
Your deserts have more snakes, plus with any luck he'll get attacked by one f your face eating kittens.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2014, 07:34:01 pm »
Australia.
Your deserts have more snakes, plus with any luck he'll get attacked by one f your face eating kittens.
Be that as it may, we don't want your garbage.