Author Topic: Gays Like Bodies That Remind Them Of 14 Year-Old Boys  (Read 45454 times)

Offline lighthorseman

• Argumentative Contrarian
  • On Probation
  • Bishop
  • Proud Y chromosome owner
    • Company of the Wolf
Re: Gays Like Bodies That Remind Them Of 14 Year-Old Boys
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2012, 09:24:53 am »
So... DON'T 14 year old boys appeal to many homosexuals?

I don't know what you're trying to say here but it seems like one of those comments that might end with everyone moving over to flame & burn at your expense.

I don't think I can be any clearer...
Let me make it real easy... if anyone is interested in my actual opinion, please ask, I'd love to talk to you. If you are interested in trying to catch me out in some sort of "gotcha, before you said 'many', but now you're saying 'lots', you totally shifted goal posts", then, I'm not playing.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2012, 09:33:54 am »

I don't know what you're trying to say here but it seems like one of those comments that might end with everyone moving over to flame & burn at your expense.

Yes, obviously he forgot to put the /sarcasm tag at the end of his post.

Right? Please let that be right.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline lighthorseman

• On Probation
  • Bishop
    • Company of the Wolf
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2012, 09:36:12 am »

...No... really not sure what is such a revelation about the physique of 14 year old boys appealing to some homosexuals. Is this news?
Let me make it real easy... if anyone is interested in my actual opinion, please ask, I'd love to talk to you. If you are interested in trying to catch me out in some sort of "gotcha, before you said 'many', but now you're saying 'lots', you totally shifted goal posts", then, I'm not playing.

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 09:47:32 am »

...No... really not sure what is such a revelation about the physique of 14 year old boys appealing to some homosexuals. Is this news?

You seem to be confusing Ephebophilia with Homosexuality again. Let me help you.

Ephebophilia is the sexual preference of adults for mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. (Wikipedia)

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, or romantic attractions" primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual's sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them." (Wikipedia)

While I'm sure the two can overlap on rare occasion (studies point to pedophilia and ephebophilia actually being more prominent in heterosexual males than homosexual ones) it does not mean that all homosexuals should be automatically associated with ephebophiles.

You also did not take into account lesbians when you made your blanket statement. What would an adult woman who is attracted to other adult women want with a 14 year old boy?

Edit to credit.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 09:55:07 am by rosenewock21 »
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline lighthorseman

• On Probation
  • Bishop
    • Company of the Wolf
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2012, 10:26:45 am »

You seem to be confusing Ephebophilia with Homosexuality again. Let me help you.

Ephebophilia is the sexual preference of adults for mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. (Wikipedia)

Homosexuality is romantic or sexual attraction or behavior between members of the same sex or gender. As a sexual orientation, homosexuality refers to "an enduring pattern of or disposition to experience sexual, affectional, or romantic attractions" primarily or exclusively to people of the same sex; "it also refers to an individual's sense of personal and social identity based on those attractions, behaviors expressing them, and membership in a community of others who share them." (Wikipedia)

While I'm sure the two can overlap on rare occasion (studies point to pedophilia and ephebophilia actually being more prominent in heterosexual males than homosexual ones) it does not mean that all homosexuals should be automatically associated with ephebophiles.

You also did not take into account lesbians when you made your blanket statement. What would an adult woman who is attracted to other adult women want with a 14 year old boy?

Edit to credit.
Don't fuck me around with semantics. There are homosexuals who appreciate the body form of young men, same as there are hetero sexuals attracted to yoiung women. And yes, I acknowledged SOME right from the start.

Or do you now want to argue that every heterosexual male who has ever looked twice at a girl under 18 isn't actual a heterosexual, but an ephebophile?

Political correctness be damned. And what the hell is this "again" crap?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 10:30:22 am by lighthorseman »

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2012, 10:48:31 am »
If I mistook you for someone else from the old board I shall apologize. I know there was at least one poster over there who liked to play devil's advocate and who also seemed to like equating consenting adults with ephebophiles.

And I'm not arguing semantics. The topic of this discussion was supposed to be about someone who accused the Hollywood fashion industry of being run by gay men. And that because it was run by gay men they wanted everyone to look like 14 year old boys. They went on to equate all gay men with liking 14 year old boys.

If I misunderstood you, again, I shall apologize. But you seemed to have made a blanket statement that homosexuals enjoy the physical form of 14 year old boys. The same argument made ad hoc by fundies everywhere. You went on to defend this statement even when given an out. You did not say "Well, don't a few of them enjoy it?". You said
(emphasis mine).

When it was pointed out to you that homosexual doesn't automatically equal ephebophile you accused me of arguing semantics.

Now, did I get that wrong?

Offline lighthorseman

• On Probation
  • Bishop
    • Company of the Wolf
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2012, 10:58:29 am »
If I mistook you for someone else from the old board I shall apologize. I know there was at least one poster over there who liked to play devil's advocate and who also seemed to like equating consenting adults with ephebophiles.

And I'm not arguing semantics. The topic of this discussion was supposed to be about someone who accused the Hollywood fashion industry of being run by gay men. And that because it was run by gay men they wanted everyone to look like 14 year old boys. They went on to equate all gay men with liking 14 year old boys.

If I misunderstood you, again, I shall apologize. But you seemed to have made a blanket statement that homosexuals enjoy the physical form of 14 year old boys. The same argument made ad hoc by fundies everywhere. You went on to defend this statement even when given an out. You did not say "Well, don't a few of them enjoy it?". You said
(emphasis mine).

When it was pointed out to you that homosexual doesn't automatically equal ephebophile you accused me of arguing semantics.

Now, did I get that wrong?
I accept your apology most cheerfully.

I'm not saying anything stupid like ALL gay men like 14 year old boys EXCLUSIVELY. However... the idea that a large percentage of homosexual men like a physique reminiscent of a 14 year old boy (be it on a 14 year old boy or a 19 year old female model) is a pretty well accepted social phenomenon (annecdotal, I know, but several of my homosexual aquaintances have made comments to that effect. ) I'm not saying thats ALL  they're attracted to, either. But it is there.

Just like a 35 year old man might be in a perfectly happy heterosexual relationship with another 35 year old, yet have his head well and truly turned by a fit 16year old girl.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 11:01:16 am by lighthorseman »

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2012, 11:22:16 am »
I'm not saying anything stupid like ALL gay men like 14 year old boys EXCLUSIVELY. However... the idea that a large percentage of homosexual men like a physique reminiscent of a 14 year old boy (be it on a 14 year old boy or a 19 year old female model) is a pretty well accepted social phenomenon (annecdotal, I know, but several of my homosexual aquaintances have made comments to that effect. ) I'm not saying thats ALL  they're attracted to, either. But it is there.

I...

Do you not honestly see what's wrong with the above statement? I'll highlight it for you. Once again you are accusing a large portion of a community of finding underage individuals physically attractive. The same argument of opponents who wish to deny that community the same rights as the rest of society. Using anecdotal evidence to boot.

Let's run with your logic for a moment. I know a few fangirls who like to write rape fics on several of the communities I'm on. These same girls also write slash fics. Anecdotally I could make the statement that "Well, don't a large percentage of people who write slash want to see men get raped by other men? Anecdotal, I know, but several of my slash writing acquaintances have made comments to that effect.". I would be justifiably hit with a modhammer at that point in time for making a derogatory blanket statement that only incites the ire of my fellow posters.

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2012, 11:44:37 am »
Political correctness be damned.
However... the idea that a large percentage of homosexual men like a physique reminiscent of a 14 year old boy (be it on a 14 year old boy or a 19 year old female model) is a pretty well accepted social phenomenon (annecdotal, I know, but several of my homosexual aquaintances have made comments to that effect. )
Apparently getting meaningful data is also political correctness. Doesn't mean you're wrong, but use some actual data instead of relying upon your biases.

This goes for you too, rosenewock, you also have not offered anything substantial for your position.

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2012, 11:50:33 am »
However... the idea that a large percentage of homosexual men like a physique reminiscent of a 14 year old boy (be it on a 14 year old boy or a 19 year old female model) is a pretty well accepted social phenomenon (annecdotal, I know, but several of my homosexual aquaintances have made comments to that effect. )
Apparently getting meaningful data is also political correctness. Doesn't mean you're wrong, but use some actual data instead of relying upon your biases.

This goes for you too, rosenewock, you also have not offered anything substantial for your position.

May I politely ask what is wrong with my statements and how they are not substantial? I will be happy to clarify my position in a better manner if you would kindly show me the flaws.

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2012, 12:03:54 pm »

May I politely ask what is wrong with my statements and how they are not substantial? I will be happy to clarify my position in a better manner if you would kindly show me the flaws.
You didn't provide any evidence to back up your statements, you just said that's the way it was. The closest you did to that was by citing definitions which were not mutually exclusive.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2012, 12:15:01 pm »
Yes, you read that right, folks. That's what the hosts of The John & Ken Show had to say when discussing the 69th Golden Globes Awards, right after making the conspiratorial claim that the Jews gays run Hollywood and the fashion industry:

SHANNON FARREN: I don't watch [awards shows] because every time I do, I just want to feed them a burger, every actress I see. I just want to feed them the look so emaciated.

JOHN KOBYLT: I know they look so--that's not attractive.

KEN CHIAMPOU: But that's the game though. They have to be more emaciated than the other famous actress.

SHANNON FARREN: Yeah, and this is the time of year.

JOHN KOBYLT: That's right. And it's because--

KEN CHIAMPOU: They get jealous and see photos of someone thinner than them.

JOHN KOBYLT: Gay guys control the fashion industry and the casting industry and the whole Hollywood look. And gays like bodies that remind them of a 14 year old-boy. Guys like curves. Guys like curves. Absolutely, positively. It's biological, because a woman with curves looks like she can bear your children successfully and that's biologically what a man is looking for. So sexually a guy is much more turned on by a woman with curves than these 14 year old-boy stick figures. And that's how I know for sure, I don't need to do any research or any proof that it's gay guys who control the entire casting industry.

Unsurprisingly, the duo have a history of bigoted comments.

I have a different theory.

Yes there are a lot of gays in fashion.
But to be successful people have to buy their clothes/
Thier market is primarily straight women and it's to straight women that these designers try to appeal.
Straight women who buy these clothes want to appear sexy to straight men.

So it's not that gay guys want a 14 year old.  It's that some designers who happen to be gay think straight guys want a 14 year old.
An idea that is not without some basis.

BTW, gays like curves too.  we call them muscles.  Or  in the case of bears, a belly. (really gays and humans in general  like so many different things it's stupid to say one group "likes' any particular thing or another.  I've known straight guys who like their girls tom boyish)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 12:23:08 pm by booley »
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2012, 12:17:37 pm »
And that's how I know for sure, I don't need to do any research or any proof that it's gay guys who control the entire casting industry.

Screw the rules evidence; I have money bigotry!
Nice ;D

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2012, 12:22:11 pm »

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2012, 12:56:33 pm »
Ah, gotcha. Thank you kindly, Vene.

Alright, let's try again. A photo essay from the Time Magazine website depicting behind the scenes at the New York Fashion Week. http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,2016750,00.html
The Maestro
Andrew Weir (second from right), owner of ACW Worldwide, addresses his team before a full day of casting at the Hudson Hotel. The team members will sort through more than 300 models to meet the requirements set by their Fashion Week clients, including Adidas' Y-3 and Zac Posen's Z Spoke.
(from photo caption 2)

The It Factor
Even in a room filled with beautiful women, certain models stand out. In industry vernacular, these women have the It factor, an undeniable presence that all successful models possess. Weir says that Russia's Vika Falileeva, above, has a "rare combination of all things good — all things that make a model a model. Strength, height, symmetry, confidence, an amazing walk, an amazing presence, beautiful skin, beautiful hair, perfectly proportioned — an amazing girl."
(from photo caption 9)

So the models, at least for the New York Fashion Week, were chosen going off of the needs of the client and an "it" factor. Clientele are trying to appeal to their base, in this case Hollywood starlets. And this http://blogs.webmd.com/pamela-peeke-md/2010/01/just-what-is-an-average-womans-size-anymore.html WebMD article from 2010 claims
The average starlet is wearing a size 2 or 4 which is the sample size designers are making presently.

Now to address the issue of the assertion that many homosexual men are attracted to 14 year old boys. I found this article from UC Davis to be most helpful. http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_molestation.html

For the present discussion, the important point is that many child molesters cannot be meaningfully described as homosexuals, heterosexuals, or bisexuals (in the usual sense of those terms) because they are not really capable of a relationship with an adult man or woman. Instead of gender, their sexual attractions are based primarily on age. These individuals – who are often characterized as fixated – are attracted to children, not to men or women.

Other researchers have taken different approaches, but have similarly failed to find a connection between homosexuality and child molestation. Dr. Carole Jenny and her colleagues reviewed 352 medical charts, representing all of the sexually abused children seen in the emergency room or child abuse clinic of a Denver children's hospital during a one-year period (from July 1, 1991 to June 30, 1992). The molester was a gay or lesbian adult in fewer than 1% in which an adult molester could be identified – only 2 of the 269 cases (Jenny et al., 1994).

In yet another approach to studying adult sexual attraction to children, some Canadian researchers observed how homosexual and heterosexual adult men responded to slides of males and females of various ages (child, pubescent, and mature adult).  ... The researchers found that homosexual males responded no more to male children than heterosexual males responded to female children (Freund et al., 1989).

Science cannot prove a negative. Thus, these studies do not prove that homosexual or bisexual males are no more likely than heterosexual males to molest children. However, each of them failed to prove the alternative hypothesis that homosexual males are more likely than heterosexual men to molest children or to be sexually attracted to children or adolescents.

Now, would anyone like to make the claim that a large percentage of heterosexual men are attracted to 14 year old girls?