Author Topic: WWE Wrestler Comes out  (Read 2887 times)

Offline Lizuka

• Neonate
WWE Wrestler Comes out
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:14:59 am »
http://m.tmz.com/2013/08/15/darren-young-wwe-superstar-gay/

I thought this might be kind of an interesting subject to bring up here, though I don't know for sure that this is the right board exactly. If it's not feel free to move it or what-have-you.

They are a little off on saying he's the first person to be out in a major promotion, Orlando Jordan is openly bisexual and worked in TNA for a few years, and I think he was open about it during his time in WWE before that too. Still, is an interesting story and I'm hoping the company just keeps him doing what he's doing and doesn't feel the need to make a storyline out of it or something.

So, I'll sign off with something seemingly random just in case there are any fans here who actually know who Darren Young is... MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, MILLIONS OF DOLLARS.

Art Vandelay

Re: WWE Wrestler Comes out
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:35:46 am »
Well, considering wrestling is the most homoerotic thing in the world by a huge margin, I'm not the least bit shocked. If anything, the big news here is that the rest of them are supposedly straight.

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 10:16:34 am »
Well, considering wrestling is the most homoerotic thing in the world by a huge margin, I'm not the least bit shocked. If anything, the big news here is that the rest of them are supposedly straight.
Not the same wrestling.
The unbreakable wall

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 10:21:47 am »
Not the same wrestling.
Erm, yes it is. WWE. That's the scripted men in tight speedoes play fighting variety of wrestling.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 10:34:05 am »
OH TMZ...you are so so so wrong it's not even funny.

Ironbite-considering Chris Kaynon made a huuuge name for himself and was openly gay

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 10:51:50 am »
But if they acknowledge that there have been other gay wrestlers then this would not be such a huge story!!!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 06:14:40 pm »
wait... Kanyon was gay, Ibby?

... huh.  COOL! I liked him!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shano

• Bishop
  • Trust me, I am a doctor.
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 02:48:42 am »
Not the same wrestling.
Erm, yes it is. WWE. That's the scripted men in tight speedoes play fighting variety of wrestling.
I may not be the best judge of homoeroticism despite being gay myself, however the traditional form of wrestling - the one that is still(!) an olympic sport - is very very significantly more homoerotic to me than the shameful excuse for entertainment that WWE is.
The unbreakable wall

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 02:58:09 am »
Not the same wrestling.
I may not be the best judge of homoeroticism despite being gay myself, however the traditional form of wrestling - the one that is still(!) an olympic sport - is very very significantly more homoerotic to me than the shameful excuse for entertainment that WWE is.
Ah, fair enough. I haven't seen much proper wrestling and just assumed it couldn't possibly be any more homoerotic than WWE.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 04:16:02 am »
Its all gay. Its just all filled with excessive anounts of faggotry
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 02:54:44 pm »
Not the same wrestling.
Ah, fair enough. I haven't seen much proper wrestling and just assumed it couldn't possibly be any more homoerotic than WWE.

Real wrestling like you see in the Olympics is pretty homoerotic.  What goes on in the WWE is a glorified stunt show with soap opera elements.

Ironbite-AND YOU'D KNOW THAT IF YOU LISTENED TO THE DARK MATCH!

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 08:38:27 pm »
Not the same wrestling.

They don't still do it nude and oiled up do they?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Lizuka

• Neonate
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2013, 11:23:01 am »
Not the same wrestling.

They don't still do it nude and oiled up do they?
Well, a decent chunk of the roster wears trunks, true, but far from entirely. You've got people like John Cena wearing jean shorts, folks like the whole of 3MB wearing jeans, the Shield and Wyatt Family where all three members of each wear pants and shirts with the Shield also wearing vests, tons of people like Christian, Zack Ryder, and as of recently Kofi Kingston wear full-length tights... Brodus Clay, Big Show, and Tensai wear singlets... Lot more variety than just, "Underwear and kneepads," like everyone immediately thinks.

Not to say there aren't plenty who do wear that, though.