Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387789 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #735 on: March 07, 2017, 06:18:46 pm »
New travel ban set to be implemented today.  It's the same as the old one only Iraq has been left off the no go country list.

Ironbite-thats ballsy

It also doesn't turn away permanent residents and people with visas.

Which might actually make it constitutional, combined with the fact that it got rid of the religious screening.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #736 on: March 07, 2017, 09:44:39 pm »
If it gets bounced off the courts again expect more entertaining tweet-trums from Donnie.

Is there a precedent a politician promising to ban something and then discovering that in order to keep their promise they have studiously avoid calling their ban a ban of the thing they're trying to ban?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #737 on: March 08, 2017, 11:15:00 pm »
https://www.degruyter.com/downloadpdf/j/for.2016.14.issue-4/for-2016-0040/for-2016-0040.pdf

Paper looking at the advertising campaigns in the 2016 election.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #738 on: March 09, 2017, 01:25:09 am »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #739 on: March 09, 2017, 08:20:39 am »
Do I think the Orange Piss Pot is mentally ill?  No.  I think he's just so incredably self-centered and ego centric that he has no empathy or decency that hasn't withered and died on the vine.  The man's world view is classic "got mine fuck you" and he will only ultimately be for himself.  He will throw anyone and everyone under a bus just to save his own skin and that includes the rest of the country.

Ironbite-and the GOP will be the first up against the wall and Trump will be firing the first shot.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #740 on: March 11, 2017, 02:12:43 pm »
http://www.infrastructurereportcard.org/

The American Society of Civil Engineers has released their 2017 Infrastructure Report Card.

How to put this gently... nah, heck with gently. Your infrastructure is crap and you need to fix it now.

Aviation: D
Bridges: C+
Dams: D
Drinking Water: D
Energy: D+
Hazardous Waste: D+
Inland Waterways: D
Levees: D
Ports: C+
Public Parks: D+
Rail: B
Roads: D
Schools: D+
Solid Waste: C+
Transit: D-
Wastewater: D+

Overall: D+

You want to create jobs--good jobs, well-paying jobs? Get on with fixing all of that.

And, after all, Trump did say he'd be "the greatest jobs President God ever created" and that he would spend a trillion dollars on infrastructure.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #741 on: March 11, 2017, 03:06:53 pm »
Yeah he probably wants to spend that infrastructure money to show how big his dic, i mean build his wall.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #742 on: March 11, 2017, 10:03:07 pm »
It'll be a trillion spent on friends of Trump for a bill of goods.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #743 on: March 13, 2017, 01:03:21 pm »
http://resistancereport.com/politics/kellyanne-conway-spying-microwaves/

She finally managed to say something crazier than her "alternative facts" comment...

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #744 on: March 13, 2017, 01:58:19 pm »
Me thinks Kellyanne Conway just enjoys being on tv.

In other news, you know that one trillion in spending on infrastructure that Donald Trump is looking for? How are we going to pay for that? With taxes? No see that would make the poor 2% of America's population have to spend their precious money. No were going to add more tolls to roads or up public transportation costs, so you can spend more of your hard earned money going to work everyday.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYY1O_o-zM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBYY1O_o-zM</a>
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #745 on: March 14, 2017, 01:13:52 am »
It's almost like Donald Trump is a dishonest scumbag who doesn't care about the people who voted for him.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #746 on: March 15, 2017, 07:34:28 pm »
Hawaiian Judge blocks the new travel ban nationwide.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html

A federal judge in Hawaii issued a nationwide order Wednesday evening blocking President Trump’s ban on travel from parts of the Muslim world, dealing a political blow to the White House and signaling that proponents of the ban face a long and risky legal battle ahead.

The ruling was the second frustrating defeat for Mr. Trump’s travel ban, after a federal court in Seattle halted an earlier version of the executive order last month. Mr. Trump responded to that setback with fury, lashing out at the judiciary before ultimately abandoning the order.

He issued a new and narrower travel ban on March 6, with the aim of pre-empting new lawsuits by abandoning some of the most contentious elements of the first version.

But Mr. Trump evidently failed in that goal: Democratic states and nonprofit groups that work with immigrants and refugees raced into court to attack the updated order, alleging that it was a thinly veiled version of the ban on Muslim migration that he had pledged to enact last year, as a presidential candidate.

Continue reading the main story
The Trump White House
Stories about President Trump’s administration.
Donald Trump Budget Slashes Funds for E.P.A. and State Department
MAR 15
Jackson and Trump: How Two Populist Presidents Compare
MAR 15
Is It Illegal to Publish a President’s Tax Returns?
MAR 15
Trump Calls 2005 Tax Return Release ‘Fake News’
MAR 15
U.S. May Soon Increase Pressure on China to Constrain North Korea
MAR 15
See More »

RECENT COMMENTS

MareeB 1 hour ago
Checks and balances!I'm sure we'll see a twitter meltdown sometime soon. Unless he's still fighting with Snoop Dogg.It seems this was also...
Tracy Mitrano 1 hour ago
The Trump Administration is testing the Constitution of the United States. For school children, this kind of activity is a textbook civil...
Ludwig 1 hour ago
I think the federal judge is overstepping his authority. The president does have such powers under the constitution. But Trump has been...
SEE ALL COMMENTS  WRITE A COMMENT
Administration lawyers argued in multiple courts on Wednesday that the president was merely exercising his national security powers and that no element of the executive order, as written, could be construed as a religious test for travelers.

But in the lawsuit brought by Hawaii’s attorney general, Doug Chin, Judge Derrick K. Watson appeared skeptical of the government’s claim that past comments by Mr. Trump and his allies had no bearing on the case.

“Are you saying we close our eyes to the sequence of statements before this?” Judge Watson, who was appointed by former President Barack Obama, asked in a hearing Wednesday before he ruled against the administration.

Yeah the argument that the past statements made by the administration hold no merit in this case really didn't hold water.  Which I suspected would be the case.  It's still the same travel ban just with a new hat.  That's it.

Ironbite-wonder if he'll go for a third strike on this?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #747 on: March 15, 2017, 11:01:53 pm »
His policies failing makes me really happy.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Wurdulac

• Neonate
« Reply #748 on: March 16, 2017, 12:43:48 am »
Is it just me, or is there a common refrain among Trump's supporters that "he said he'd get things done and by golly, that's what he's doing!" without anyone actually questioning whether or not the shit he's getting done is actually making things better for people?
Then again, I could be wrong.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #749 on: March 16, 2017, 06:39:03 am »
Ironbite-wonder if he'll go for a third strike on this?
He might, Trump believes in nothing but Trump remember and he can use this drama to fire up his base and distract them from the fact that they'll lose their healthcare, won't get their old jobs back and that a whole lot of his cabinet and people close to him are real cozy with Russia.

Not that he isn't racist, he's fucking racist but it's not his primary motivation, that would be getting adulation from rubes and enriching himself.