Author Topic: "High Probability" Syria used chemical weapons  (Read 2628 times)

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
Re: "High Probability" Syria used chemical weapons
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 09:37:59 pm »
I saw a video on Reddit a few weeks back that looks remarkably similar to the bits of video CNN has been showing this evening.  A friend who speaks Arabic translated some of the video and the youtube  comments about it and they were saying it was white phosphorus, not chemicals.  So, while it may turn out  that chemicals were in fact used- it might also be true that CNN is jumping the gun. 

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 09:48:28 pm »
I saw a video on Reddit a few weeks back that looks remarkably similar to the bits of video CNN has been showing this evening.  A friend who speaks Arabic translated some of the video and the youtube  comments about it and they were saying it was white phosphorus, not chemicals.  So, while it may turn out  that chemicals were in fact used- it might also be true that CNN is jumping the gun.

They're a respectable news organization, man!  They would NEVER do that. /sarcasm.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Saturn500

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2013, 09:56:19 pm »
We're talking about CNN here. Don't you remember yesterday?

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 02:14:46 am »

They're a respectable news organization, man!  They would NEVER do that. /sarcasm.

Completely off topic, but my favorite CNN moment was during the Iraq war where CNN was reporting that American forces had captured the Baghdad airport, after which I changed channel to a live broadcast where the guy was reporting from Baghdad airport saying that there is no one here.  Unsurprisingly our broadcasters stopped airing CNN after about a month in favour of BBC. CNN is a pathetic American propaganda machine.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2013, 03:12:03 am »
I consider CNN to be the deceptive cousin of Fox News.

Fox News is crazy, so CNN seems sane in comparison, but it's really pretty much just as bad as Fox News.

I'm not fond of MSNBC either.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2013, 10:39:02 pm »
Here is a pro-Asad video saying the FSA used chemical weapons on Gov't controlled Aleppo. 
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nac9zdGTOOo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nac9zdGTOOo</a>
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 10:40:45 pm by DiscoBerry »

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2013, 10:42:13 pm »
I consider CNN to be the deceptive cousin of Fox News.

Fox News is crazy, so CNN seems sane in comparison, but it's really pretty much just as bad as Fox News.

I'm not fond of MSNBC either.

Honestly I get most of my news from Al Jazeera, Christian Science Monitor, and Wikinews.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2013, 11:17:11 pm »
BTW, white phosphorous is some nasty, cruel, vicious shit to use on people. It's not chemical weapon the way Napalm is not a chemical weapon.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.