Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387070 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #795 on: March 29, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »
Do you mind if I ask why you like him?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #796 on: March 29, 2017, 06:17:30 pm »
Ok I voted for Trump...

Oh, that is rich. Bless your heart.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #797 on: March 29, 2017, 06:41:28 pm »

Firstly, I liked how he speaks his mind, though at times I think there are times he needs to think before speaking. I also like that he supposedly isn't attached to the establishment and that he ran on his own campaign funds. Also, I am getting tired of all of the SJW, BLM, politically correct bullshit and he represented an opposition to that. (That SJW PC crap turned me into a centrist) I also liked that he wants to go after illegal immigrants who have been taking jobs away from Americans. I know personally of quite a few people who have either been passed over for some Mexican or have been fired from a majority Mexican job who possibly may have illegal immigrants in it. So I am against that but not for those who have came here the proper way and worked their asses off to be here, it's not fair for those to have gone through all that to build a life here and see illegals come in and get everything for free.
Secondly, Hillary is corrupt. I have read some of the Wikileaks emails and I also have read about how she threatened and intimidated some of Bill's rape victims. She also had that whole thing with Benghazi and some other stuff that escapes me at the moment but all I knew was I didn't want her as President. Maybe someone else but I really feel the DNC messed up with having her run.
If this makes me "dumb" or "stupid" then so be it, I know I won't get along with everyone on here.

I still have my own personal political beliefs about certain things. I don't hate anyone but I just want to be open about this.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #798 on: March 29, 2017, 07:07:26 pm »

Firstly, I liked how he speaks his mind, though at times I think there are times he needs to think before speaking. I also like that he supposedly isn't attached to the establishment and that he ran on his own campaign funds. Also, I am getting tired of all of the SJW, BLM, politically correct bullshit and he represented an opposition to that. (That SJW PC crap turned me into a centrist) I also liked that he wants to go after illegal immigrants who have been taking jobs away from Americans. I know personally of quite a few people who have either been passed over for some Mexican or have been fired from a majority Mexican job who possibly may have illegal immigrants in it. So I am against that but not for those who have came here the proper way and worked their asses off to be here, it's not fair for those to have gone through all that to build a life here and see illegals come in and get everything for free.
Secondly, Hillary is corrupt. I have read some of the Wikileaks emails and I also have read about how she threatened and intimidated some of Bill's rape victims. She also had that whole thing with Benghazi and some other stuff that escapes me at the moment but all I knew was I didn't want her as President. Maybe someone else but I really feel the DNC messed up with having her run.
If this makes me "dumb" or "stupid" then so be it, I know I won't get along with everyone on here.

I still have my own personal political beliefs about certain things. I don't hate anyone but I just want to be open about this.

Hey Radiation,

Just a couple of questions, correct me if I'm wrong on anything:

1) I thought you were a Muslim, or at least had some sort of islamic tint to your religious beliefs, was that right? And do/are you still?

2) I also thought you had trouble finding work/healthcare? Are you on Medicare/ Medicaid? I remember you had trouble with your teeth

3) What do you think immigrants (legal or illegal) get for free that americans don't?

4) What was it about Benghazi and Hillary's involvement that concerns you?

5) Are you not concerned about Trump ordering a military strike in Yemen which resulted in the death of both a US soldier and an 8 year old Yemeni girl which was considered too risky by the previous administration? It also did not result in any new intelligence information. I

6) I've heard the story about Hillary threatening rape victims, although when I've read the details the apparent threat is along the lines of Hillary saying 'hello', are you not equally concerned about the stories that Trump raped an underage girl and has sexually assaulted women personally?

7) When you say Hillary is corrupt what do you mean? Is it concerns about nepotism? Like allowing her totally unqualified daughter to have an office in the Whitehouse or security clearance?

8 ) Were you not concerned that a guy who said he has effectively bribed politicians and wouldn't release his tax returns was corrupt?

9) Do you really think that Trump and the Republicans are going to benefit you and your family, and if so why?

I'm curious about these things, I'm not calling you stupid or dumb

Edit: sorry I didn't mean to put an emoji in, I just wanted it to be number 8

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #799 on: March 29, 2017, 07:09:36 pm »
Firstly, I liked how he speaks his mind, though at times I think there are times he needs to think before speaking.

This I admit I can't understand.  "Speaking your mind" is one of those things that sounds good, but I don't get how it's a reason to vote for someone on it's own merits.  Especially when what's on their mind is stuff like "The Tiananmen square massacre was strong leadership" or "Global warming was invented by the Chinese."

I also like that he supposedly isn't attached to the establishment and that he ran on his own campaign funds.

You like how he supposedly isn't? 

Also, I am getting tired of all of the SJW, BLM, politically correct bullshit and he represented an opposition to that. (That SJW PC crap turned me into a centrist)

Again I don't get that.  Sure there are extremists and assholes in the internet Social Justice movement, but how does that make Trump qualified to be president.  How is being "politically incorrect" more important then being actually correct?

I also liked that he wants to go after illegal immigrants who have been taking jobs away from Americans. I know personally of quite a few people who have either been passed over for some Mexican or have been fired from a majority Mexican job who possibly may have illegal immigrants in it. So I am against that but not for those who have came here the proper way and worked their asses off to be here, it's not fair for those to have gone through all that to build a life here and see illegals come in and get everything for free.

None of this is true.  Yes you may have some anecdotal evidence but overall economist find the impact of illegal immigration on jobs to be negligable, and it's been declining since the 2008 crash anyway.  Nor are Trump's proposals going to do much to stop it anyway.  And illegal immigrants aren't getting anything for free, indeed they get lower pay and less welfare while paying just as much for any other goods and services.

Do you have a source on the intimidating rape victims one?  I ask because I hadn't heard that before, and given all the crap about her e-mails and Benghazi if there was any truth to that I would assume fox would have been shouting it from the rooftops.

Anyway does Trump's corruption bother you?  ie the Trump University scam or how he's been using the office of the presidency to advance his businesses or the possibility of him working with Putin to undermine the US elections?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #800 on: March 29, 2017, 07:55:10 pm »
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2016/feb/10/donald-trump/donald-trump-self-funding-his-campaign-sort/
http://www.politifact.com/virginia/statements/2016/feb/22/corey-lewandowski/trumps-campaign-manager-we-dont-have-any-donors/

Trump wasn't self-funding his campaign--and that was early in the primaries.

A lot of the money he gave his campaign was a loan, which his campaign can repay to him when he gets... donations.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #801 on: March 29, 2017, 08:40:28 pm »
Ok I'll try to answer these to the best of my ability:

Hey Radiation,

Just a couple of questions, correct me if I'm wrong on anything:

1) I thought you were a Muslim, or at least had some sort of islamic tint to your religious beliefs, was that right? And do/are you still?

I am no longer Muslim, I still have the materials on it but I really no longer practice any aspect of it. I am in fact researching Kemetic Science and Thelema right now.

2) I also thought you had trouble finding work/healthcare? Are you on Medicare/ Medicaid? I remember you had trouble with your teeth

I have Medicare/Medicaid and I have dentures that were paid by my grandma who has since passed away in 2012. I was going through school at the time but had to drop out due to being switched on multiple medications for my bi-polar.

3) What do you think immigrants (legal or illegal) get for free that americans don't?

The truth? I have no problem with those that have come here legally, I've had relatives from Sicily that came here through the proper channels and have worked their butts off to be American citizens. They have to pay taxes and stuff just like regular Americans. As for illegals they shouldn't be here, period. They come here, have babies and get on welfare, disability etc and those resources could be used for Americans in need. Here's an article about the impact of illegals on the social safety network, it's short but to the point:

http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/story/money/business/2014/07/27/illegal-immigrants-impact-us-economy/13234585/

From that article:

Yes, they compete for jobs with native workers, and that causes a lot of problems for a lot of people. However, where the rubber meets the road, the biggest threat to our economy is how these people will impact our social safety nets and other public programs.

and

As a country, we have to be realistic about illegal immigration: as long as the U.S. economy offers greater opportunities than the economies in Central America and Mexico, people will continue to do what they need to do to get here. We just don't have the money or manpower to do much about it.

Here is another link that I found that seems to be intensive about illegal immigration.

http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_economic_costs.html

[url]http://www.fairus.org/publications/immigration-poverty-and-low-wage-earners-the-harmful-effects-of-unskilled-immigrants-on-american-wor]http://www.usillegalaliens.com/impacts_of_illegal_immigration_economic_costs.html[url]

[url]http://www.fairus.org/publications/immigration-poverty-and-low-wage-earners-the-harmful-effects-of-unskilled-immigrants-on-american-wor

4) What was it about Benghazi and Hillary's involvement that concerns you?

The fact that she left four of our people behind and did not rescue them when the terrorist attacks happened, that's what I remember at least.

5) Are you not concerned about Trump ordering a military strike in Yemen which resulted in the death of both a US soldier and an 8 year old Yemeni girl which was considered too risky by the previous administration? It also did not result in any new intelligence information.

I don't watch the news as I don't have a TV so I had to look that up, but, didn't Obama strike some Middle Eastern country with numerous drone strikes and pretty much start the Syrian Civil War? I recall hearing a lot about drone strikes so if Obama did that then why is everyone jumping on Trump about this? It's awful but Obama seems to have done much worse.

Here's an article that I found about Trump's move:

http://thefederalist.com/2017/03/22/yemen-strike-might-indicate-trumps-military-competence/

6) I've heard the story about Hillary threatening rape victims, although when I've read the details the apparent threat is along the lines of Hillary saying 'hello', are you not equally concerned about the stories that Trump raped an underage girl and has sexually assaulted women personally?

She allegedly did, I wouldn't put it past her. As far as Trump, I have checked that story out and it seems that it really hasn't been verified.

7) When you say Hillary is corrupt what do you mean? Is it concerns about nepotism? Like allowing her totally unqualified daughter to have an office in the Whitehouse or security clearance?

Like I said, she supposedly intimidated some rape victims. She didn't help our ambassadors in Libya when they needed to be rescued. She said something racist in the past, something along the lines of "We need to bring these [black/inner city] thugs to heel." She and Obama have worsened the situation in the Middle East by bombing them and starting the Syrian Civil War. She didn't keep important, secret information on a secure server but used her own to send emails and such, and one more thing that is escaping my memory at the moment.

8 ) Were you not concerned that a guy who said he has effectively bribed politicians and wouldn't release his tax returns was corrupt?

How true is that? I know that Rachel Maddow got his 2005 tax forms that showed that Trump did indeed pay taxes. The media has had it out for Trump since day 1.

9) Do you really think that Trump and the Republicans are going to benefit you and your family, and if so why?

I don't know but I took a chance by voting for him. Perhaps by getting rid of illegals, trying to get manufacturing jobs back here in the USA, renegotiating NAFTA perhaps people like my nieces and nephew can get into jobs that are substantial, have good wages and be able to live comfortable enough lives.

I'm curious about these things, I'm not calling you stupid or dumb

Edit: sorry I didn't mean to put an emoji in, I just wanted it to be number 8

It's ok lol. This took me a while to answer, I don't have my regular computer so I had to look some things up. I just only ask that people respect my viewpoints as I would respect theirs. I don't want any trouble.

"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Art Vandelay

« Reply #802 on: March 29, 2017, 09:43:43 pm »
While I agree that illegal immigrants are a bad thing for society (this is usually the part where a bunch of bleeding heart Americans accuse me of racism against Mexicans and only Mexicans with no hint of irony or self-awareness) and that it's ridiculous that America goes out of its way to not catch and deport them, Trump is not going to be the one to change that. It's people like Trump who benefit from illegal immigrants, as they can pay them well below minimum wage and withhold things like benefits and safety measures that legal workers require. He doesn't want them gone and it absolutely shows in his proposed solutions. Instead of doing the sensible thing and having law enforcement stop deliberately turning a blind eye to illegals (kind of like this, for example), he wants to spend billions building a wall across the entire Mexican border that will do absolutely nothing to impede illegal immigrants, not to mention do nothing about those that are already in America.

Basically, Trump's not making an honest effort to remove illegal immigrants, he's simply pandering to those who think illegals all cross the border via the Speedy Gonzales method.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #803 on: March 29, 2017, 10:12:59 pm »
Ok I voted for Trump...

Oh, that is rich. Bless your heart.

You can take the girl out of the honky tonk but you can't take the honky tonk, can't take the honky tonk, out of the girl.

Ironbite-*epic sax solo*

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #804 on: March 29, 2017, 10:22:10 pm »
I don't see how illegal immigrants are bad for society. Particularly in the US they pay more in taxes than they take out in services. Besides which try running the us agriculture industry without them.

They have also found that if they start cracking down on immigrants it encourages crime because immigrants won't call the police. They have seen how this happens in LA

Art Vandelay

« Reply #805 on: March 29, 2017, 10:35:07 pm »
I don't see how illegal immigrants are bad for society. Particularly in the US they pay more in taxes than they take out in services. Besides which try running the us agriculture industry without them.

They have also found that if they start cracking down on immigrants it encourages crime because immigrants won't call the police. They have seen how this happens in LA
It's bad because it's all at the lower class's expense, which is already having a rather bad time of things. Those illegals paying more taxes than they use in services are doing so because they're doing some unskilled job for well below minimum wage, a job that would otherwise be done by a legal worker for at least minimum wage and benefits.

Not to mention, the poor paying less taxes than they recieve in government services is exactly how it's supposed to work. It's the rich who're meant to pay more than they receive. It's one of the ways the government reduces inequality, much like progressive tax and minimum wage and benefits. Illegals fucking it up is not a good thing for society overall.

As for your other points, they wouldn't be an issue in the first place if the US took the same approach as the rest of the world and tried to keep their numbers to an absolute minimum, rather than simply paying lip service to the idea while in practice keeping them around as a substitute for slaves.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #806 on: March 29, 2017, 11:41:31 pm »

It's bad because it's all at the lower class's expense, which is already having a rather bad time of things. Those illegals paying more taxes than they use in services are doing so because they're doing some unskilled job for well below minimum wage, a job that would otherwise be done by a legal worker for at least minimum wage and benefits.

Not to mention, the poor paying less taxes than they recieve in government services is exactly how it's supposed to work. It's the rich who're meant to pay more than they receive. It's one of the ways the government reduces inequality, much like progressive tax and minimum wage and benefits. Illegals fucking it up is not a good thing for society overall.

As for your other points, they wouldn't be an issue in the first place if the US took the same approach as the rest of the world and tried to keep their numbers to an absolute minimum, rather than simply paying lip service to the idea while in practice keeping them around as a substitute for slaves.

I can't help but think that most of those problems would go away if employers could not get away with paying them less money than legal workers

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #807 on: March 29, 2017, 11:56:32 pm »

I don't know but I took a chance by voting for him. Perhaps by getting rid of illegals, trying to get manufacturing jobs back here in the USA, renegotiating NAFTA perhaps people like my nieces and nephew can get into jobs that are substantial, have good wages and be able to live comfortable enough lives.

Those jobs aren't coming back. They're gone to countries where they can pay their workers a dime a day. Unless you want to abolish the minimum wage and hike income inequality to even more ridiculous levels.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #808 on: March 30, 2017, 12:22:34 am »

She allegedly did, I wouldn't put it past her.

Why wouldn't you?  Hillary Clinton is one of the most honest politicians in the United States (according to politifact).  I'm not aware of anything in her backround that suggests she'd do this.  I do not believe that story is true.

She didn't help our ambassadors in Libya when they needed to be rescued.

That is not true.  Investigations found no evidence of any wrongdoing on her part.

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/29/us/politics/hillary-clinton-benghazi.html?_r=0

She and Obama have worsened the situation in the Middle East by bombing them and...

Now I will grant you that one.  The drone war was the worst thing about the Obama presidency.  However considering that Trump said he wants to "bomb the shit out of them (ISIS) and sent exxon to suck up their oil" and said in the first debate that he would respond to Iranian sailors taunting American sailors by sinking Iranian ships at sea, I don't see how this can be a point in his favor.

...starting the Syrian Civil War.

...What are you talking about?  The start of the Syrian civil war had nothing to do with Obama at all.  This is what happened: 1) Non-violent protesters call for democracy in Syria. 2) Assad has his military open fire, killing thousands.  3) Protesters start shooting back. 4) Islamist groups join shooting, eventually take over resistance.  Obama and Hillary didn't have anything to do with it.  You can criticize their handling of the situation, but they did not start the war.

She said something racist in the past, something along the lines of "We need to bring these [black/inner city] thugs to heel."

What?

...WHAT???

Are you freaking kidding me?

Donald Trump support racist conspiracy theories about Obama's birth.  He started his campaign calling Mexican immigrants rapists.  He called for an illegal ban on an entire religion.  He retweeted fake statistics on black crime rates from neo-nazis.  He refused to condemn the KKK in a live interview.  He said that five black teenagers who were proven innocent by DNA evidence should be executed anyway.  he ran a campaign entirely based on racism, to the point where stormfront founder Don Black credited him with reviving Neo-Nazism as a political force.

DIRECT QUESTION

Does any of that bother you?

Because I'm sorry but I don't believe you when you say that Hillary allegedly "bringing thugs to heel" offends you if your fine with everything Trump did.   
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 12:24:28 am by Skybison »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #809 on: March 30, 2017, 12:47:55 am »
I can't help but think that most of those problems would go away if employers could not get away with paying them less money than legal workers
Absolutely. Not holding employers accountable for hiring illegals is just as big an issue as not deporting said illegals.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2017, 03:03:30 am by Art Vandelay »