Author Topic: 14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban  (Read 10397 times)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
Re: 14-year old womens & peace activist assassinated by Taliban
« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2012, 12:30:08 pm »
So I've seen some people asking why moderate Muslims don't condemn this sort of violence. Well...

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2012/10/201210127446942327.html

Religious leaders in Pakistan have condemned the shooting of teenage education rights activist Malala Yousafzai, during a special day of prayer across the country.

Clerics on Friday declared the attempt on her life, made by Pakistani Taliban gunmen while the 14-year-old girl was on her way home from school in the Swat valley, to be "un-Islamic".

The joint fatwa, or religious edict, was issued by at least 50 scholars associated with the Sunni Ittehad Council (SIC), and appealed to worshippers to observe a "day of condemnation" on Friday.

Inside Story: Who in Pakistan should have protected Malala?

"Islam holds the killing of one innocent person as killing the entirety of humanity," Hamid Saeed Kazmi, a former religious affairs minister in Pakistan, told reporters.

"It also forbids the killing of a woman who has even denounced her religion."

Also, I have a proposal for keeping her safe. We assign a squad of Gurkhas as her bodyguards, make this public knowledge, and the Taliban will never come within ten miles of her.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2012, 08:58:38 pm »
Also, I have a proposal for keeping her safe. We assign a squad of Gurkhas as her bodyguards, make this public knowledge, and the Taliban will never come within ten miles of her.

I have a better idea. Why don't we take a page out of General Pershing's playbook?

"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2012, 09:51:00 pm »

I have a better idea. Why don't we take a page out of General Pershing's playbook?

A bit off topic, how does Pershing's tactic compare with Sherman's march?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2012, 02:34:25 am »
Its been a few days since Malala was shot. Still in ICU as far as news reports are concerned. But it seems like she's still in as much danger from extremists as she is from her bullet wound:
Kamran Rehman, district administrative officer in the Swat Valley said police are actively pursuing the shooters, but so far only three arrests have been made.

Though he cannot be certain of the suspect's roles in the shooting until a full investigation has been conducted, Rehman did say they were between the ages of 17 and 23.

One suspect has also been arrested in Rawalpindi, not far from the hospital where Malala is currently being treated.

A military official speaking on condition of anonymity told Al Jazeera that the suspect tried to enter the hospital on Thursday night claiming to be the girl's father.
http://www.aljazeera.com/news/asia/2012/10/2012101223418610967.html

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2012, 07:21:43 am »

A bit off topic, how does Pershing's tactic compare with Sherman's march?

That depends on whether you think making your enemies suffer is better than treating human beings like human beings.

If so, then apparently "better."
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2012, 08:25:56 am »
Update :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19944078
She's alive but that's not a good sign

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2012, 05:47:28 pm »
She's been alive since the shooting.  The article itself mentioned that.

Ironbite-no brain damage either due to the fact the bullet didn't penetrate her skull.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2012, 06:02:01 pm »
Update :(
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-19944078
She's alive but that's not a good sign
I think this is actually really one of the best things that could've happened. The Taliban'll have a much harder time finishing the job now that she's in the UK.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2012, 11:38:57 am »
I think we deserve an update.

The Taliban are whining. Yes, they're over there having a collective hissy because they're not getting equal time from the media.

...I'm fucking serious.

http://news.yahoo.com/taliban-demands-unbiased-coverage-attempted-murder-14-old-190221609.html
Pakistan's Taliban insurgency faces a spate of bad press in mainstream Pakistani outlets related to the jihadists' failed assassination attempt of Malala Yousafzai, a young blogger who dared protest the Taliban's ban on educating girls. Now the Taliban are plotting terror strikes on TV stations and other media organizations, but local newspapers refuse to stay silent.

---

Wow, Columbia Journalism Review, here we come. Clearly Pakistani reporters should be giving equal weight to the pros and cons of shooting children in the face.

The Taliban is mad because the rest of Pakistan is mad at them over the shooting. "Undoubtedly this is the worst press the TTP has ever had, there is no doubt," Rana Jawad, Islamabad bureau chief of Geo News, told The Guardian's Islamabad correspondent Jon Boone. The Taliban have been furious that justification for the attack, that the girl was being "un-Islamic," was not being placed prominently in news stories. Muhammad Amir Rana of the Pakistan Institute for Peace Studies, says the Taliban are taking a PR beating. "We have seen a similar public sentiment in the past, but this time it is quite unique," he said. "This case has provided a catharsis of the masses for all the grievances that have been building up for years."
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2012, 12:24:42 pm »
Gimme a second, I'll go fetch my violin.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2012, 03:39:13 pm »
I have a better idea: we capture them, then try and execute them under Sharia law.
IIRC the punishment for murder is either an eye for an eye, or straight up hanging. That's boring. I say we apply the punishment used for adulterers; if anything these Middle Easterns are quite creative at preventing people from boning.
I think that might be the wrong approach.
A straight up, no fanfare, bullet in the head wherever they happen to be found and toss them in the nearest garbage bin. Do it without any anger or hatred, just cold clinical detachment. Deal with them as you would a rat or fly that is bothering you. Remove any notion of honor or nobility to them or their cause, and treat them as the vermin they are.

Nobody roots for the rats, if you can frame them as such by their own countrymen their support will dry up.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2012, 03:44:14 pm »

A straight up, no fanfare, bullet in the head wherever they happen to be found and toss them in the nearest garbage bin. Do it without any anger or hatred, just cold clinical detachment.

Wouldn't it be better to have them stand right in front of the dumpster rather than having to drag them there?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2012, 06:30:36 pm »
Or perhaps in the dumpster?

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2012, 03:25:19 am »
Or we send in the Gurkhas, grab and kill the Taliban, and leave behind the following message:

"Tasty!"
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2012, 05:10:57 am »

A straight up, no fanfare, bullet in the head wherever they happen to be found and toss them in the nearest garbage bin. Do it without any anger or hatred, just cold clinical detachment.

Wouldn't it be better to have them stand right in front of the dumpster rather than having to drag them there?
Not really since it shows you are thinking about it rather than reflexively swatting flies.