Author Topic: Random Thoughts Thread  (Read 159233 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Random Thoughts Thread
« Reply #765 on: August 18, 2017, 12:42:11 pm »
I am glad to wake up in the morning with a full length mirror next to my bed, so I can wake up to chiseled perfection every morning.

Nothing gets me ready for bed quite like another abdominal workout. I did 100 reverse crunches, 75 normal crunches, 50 toe touches and 25 toe raises tonight.

In order to be a Hollywood stud, I need a handsome, presentable face and a muscular, tight core. Not everyone has that, but it definitely helps those that do have that.

And these days, to be completely hairless.  Does anyone else remember the days when actors were allowed to have body hair?  In fact at one point it was not only acceptable for an actor to have body hair it was almost mandatory - some actors had to wear chest wigs (I think Sean Connery was one such actor).  That changed some time during my university days, I wonder what happened?

pyro

« Reply #766 on: August 18, 2017, 02:43:42 pm »
The standard of beauty changed?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #767 on: August 18, 2017, 10:25:48 pm »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #768 on: August 19, 2017, 02:00:05 am »
I am glad to wake up in the morning with a full length mirror next to my bed, so I can wake up to chiseled perfection every morning.

Nothing gets me ready for bed quite like another abdominal workout. I did 100 reverse crunches, 75 normal crunches, 50 toe touches and 25 toe raises tonight.

In order to be a Hollywood stud, I need a handsome, presentable face and a muscular, tight core. Not everyone has that, but it definitely helps those that do have that.

And these days, to be completely hairless.  Does anyone else remember the days when actors were allowed to have body hair?  In fact at one point it was not only acceptable for an actor to have body hair it was almost mandatory - some actors had to wear chest wigs (I think Sean Connery was one such actor).  That changed some time during my university days, I wonder what happened?

Hence why it is an important thing to also know a good place to get a wax. I've got a number of lotions and tonics that look to be pretty good for use after a wax.

Also mandatory; a good hair stylist.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #769 on: August 19, 2017, 02:43:39 pm »
The standard of beauty changed?

Well obviously.  That's like answering, "What was the cause of death of the victim?" with, "He stopped being alive." It's not actually answering the question.  WHY did beauty standards very suddenly shift during that time to child-like full body hairlessness being desirable and why has it persisted over a decade later?  But I think you knew full well that's what I meant.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2017, 02:52:37 pm by Katsuro »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #770 on: August 20, 2017, 12:27:05 am »
IMO I think a lack of hair makes musculature stand out more, hence why so few bodybuilders likewise shave up or wax before a show; see https://www.instagram.com/jeff_seid/?hl=en this guy.

And I agree with that - if you don't have hair it tends to make individual striations and toned areas stand out more, which is in my opinion quite attractive a look especially on myself.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

pyro

« Reply #771 on: August 20, 2017, 05:19:41 pm »
IMO I think a lack of hair makes musculature stand out more, hence why so few bodybuilders likewise shave up or wax before a show; see https://www.instagram.com/jeff_seid/?hl=en this guy.

And I agree with that - if you don't have hair it tends to make individual striations and toned areas stand out more, which is in my opinion quite attractive a look especially on myself.

(click to show/hide)

Makes sense to me.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #772 on: August 24, 2017, 01:37:57 am »
I wish we could have Pierre Trudeau as Prime Minister again. He'd make Donald Trump make the Donald Trump we actually have look completely calm, cool, collected, sane, and rational.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #773 on: September 13, 2017, 01:51:12 am »
There's a Pokemon-copy of an anime about Kung-fu dinosaur trainers...

I only now found out about it as my kids are watching it on morning TV but so far it looks like low quality show. Lots of CGI as well.

EDIT: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dinosaur_King for those who are curious.

The Team-Rocket expies (the ALPHA gang) are about as scary as the original team but spend more time fighting each other. Also, somehow despite being dumber than Team Rocket they manage to beat the heroes in the episode I saw.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 02:07:52 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #774 on: September 13, 2017, 02:51:34 pm »
After reading the first paragraph of Sharon's post here, I wonder if ad blockers reduce the amount of people complaining about ads, allowing sites to get away with making their ads more obnoxious.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #775 on: September 23, 2017, 07:26:15 am »
Facebook: "Rise and shine, Erik!"

Me: "You need to calm the fuck down."
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #776 on: September 28, 2017, 01:36:32 pm »
There's a Reddit troll called skysonfire and I wonder if it has anything to do with ol' Skyfire or if it's just a coincidence.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #777 on: October 16, 2017, 06:25:53 am »
Does anyone else think Sebastian Kurz looks like Patrick Bateman?  Like, disturbingly so?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #778 on: December 06, 2017, 09:09:49 pm »
If laughter truly is the best medicine, then why do hookers still have Chlamydia after laughing at the size of my dick?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 09:20:06 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #779 on: December 11, 2017, 03:43:14 am »
I have realised that much of USA treats politics like a sport, sports like religion and also has a weird connection to rekigion but I'm not sure how to describe it.

...For some it's a "get rich" scheme and for the others it's also a team sport.