Author Topic: Aborted Franchises  (Read 12967 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Aborted Franchises
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 03:13:36 pm »
The Cosby Mysteries, that series had limitless potential!

No, seriously, I liked it.

And that crime show with Ice-T and two other guys who were former crooks helping police with their inside information.

And Nowhere man was cool. Although the evil, all powerful conspiracy (tm) was a bit too overpowered. But that whole show was made to cash in on the conspiracy theory boom at the time so it made sense.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 03:17:09 pm »
Pirates of Dark Water - great show, apparently cost to much to make.
That takes me back. Go monkeybirds!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 03:25:14 pm »
FlashFoward: Admittedly it got boring half way through, but towards the end it picked up steam and I really wanted to see what happened after.

Defying Gravity: I thought they ruined it by having that stupid culty alien storyline, but I miss it anyway.

'Orrible: Sitcom with Johnny Vaughan. Everyone slated it, including him. I always loved it though and wish they had made more.

That's all I can think of for now.

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 03:32:25 pm »
Sonic the Hedgehog.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 04:03:53 pm »
Beyond Belief; Fact or Fiction.  I used to love this show, which would show several sotires, then tell you at the end if they were based on real accounts or made up.  Unfortunately, the series ended early and we only got a single DVD of some of the episodes.

Star Wars Battlefront.  They had planned a new game for the newer systems, but nothing happened. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 04:11:43 pm »
Oh yes, and Drill Dozer.

Game Freak was going to have a side-franchise to Pokémon, but despite the acclaim by publications, the lousy sales of that game killed the chance of there being a sequel. Such a shame because it was a really great, innovative game that even utilized the underutilized L and R buttons on the Game Boy Advance. Sadly, as much as I wish it, I don't see Game Freak producing another non-Pokémon game after that.

I thought I was the only one to like that game. You beat the final boss
(click to show/hide)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 05:00:11 pm »
City of Vice It's this British historical Crime Drama based on Henry Fielding's Bow Street Runners, set in that mid 1700's London. There was only 5 episodes of it, and it I enjoyed it(and I'm not just saying that because it stars Ian McDiarmid in a powdered wig and cussing, which is pretty fucking funny).

Beyond Belief; Fact or Fiction.  I used to love this show, which would show several sotires, then tell you at the end if they were based on real accounts or made up.  Unfortunately, the series ended early and we only got a single DVD of some of the episodes.

Star Wars Battlefront.  They had planned a new game for the newer systems, but nothing happened. 

I won't hold my breath on Star Wars Battlefront, given how Disney is handling Star Wars so far.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 05:07:41 pm by Empress Nicki »

Saturn500

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 07:11:46 pm »
Oh yes, and Drill Dozer.

Game Freak was going to have a side-franchise to Pokémon, but despite the acclaim by publications, the lousy sales of that game killed the chance of there being a sequel. Such a shame because it was a really great, innovative game that even utilized the underutilized L and R buttons on the Game Boy Advance. Sadly, as much as I wish it, I don't see Game Freak producing another non-Pokémon game after that.

1. GameFreak made HarmoKnight

2. It was going to be a franchise? Man, that would've been so awesome...

I thought I was the only one to like that game. You beat the final boss
(click to show/hide)

Who are these heretics who don't like Drill Dozer?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 07:23:17 pm »

Same here.  At least I have the first two, with the original being my favorite.

I won't hold my breath on Star Wars Battlefront, given how Disney is handling Star Wars so far.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 02:02:08 am »
Young Justice.

Cancelled right when villainous plots were beginning to unravel/be revealed...
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 10:52:06 am »
Swat Kats.  Killed short because the boss at the time didn't like a kid's show that had actual depth and wasn't condescending to its viewers, even though it was amazingly successful and had high ratings.
Holy shit, I remember that show. The one with the two cat anthroes and their jet equivalent of a James Bond car. I loved that show as a kid, even though I rarely got to see it.
Sonic the Hedgehog.
Lol, good joke.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 12:17:34 pm »
I'm still bitter that Stargate: Universe and those two DVD movies got cancelled. fuckin' SyFy man.

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 12:54:59 pm »

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 03:49:32 pm »
Dead Like me, about a girl who dies in a freak accident and becomes a grim reaper (there is more than one in the series).  It lasted 2 seasons and was followed by a crappy movie, but the series itself was funny.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2013, 08:51:48 am »
Sonic the Hedgehog.

The SatAM series?  FUCK YES.  I've heard that the scripts for a good chunk of Season 3 were written before it was canceled.  That show was my absolute favorite as a child, and once I'd moved out and didn't have my parents kvetching about my purchasing decisions anymore, I bought the complete series on DVD.

Also, ZERO WARNING that it wasn't coming on anymore from ABC, which royally pissed me off at the time.  I go to watch Sonic, because even the TV Guide channel said it would still be on...and got some stupid Free Willy cartoon.  WTF, ABC?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 08:53:35 am by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!