Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2024051 times)

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #270 on: January 24, 2012, 11:35:21 am »
We get these radio on tv channels with themes like "Party Music" "Pop Hits" "The 80s" etc. For some reason I keep getting brain farts and tuning into the 90's channel. That's the music that defines a large portion of my childhood and early teenage years, after all. Except I've forgotten that for every "She's So High" or Pearl Jam's version of "Last Kiss" there seems to be five "MmmBop" or "Macarenas". The 90's were highlighted by boy bands and one hit wonders, after all.

And yet I keep tuning in every time hoping to catch a K-Ci and Jojo.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #271 on: January 24, 2012, 11:39:58 am »
We get these radio on tv channels with themes like "Party Music" "Pop Hits" "The 80s" etc. For some reason I keep getting brain farts and tuning into the 90's channel. That's the music that defines a large portion of my childhood and early teenage years, after all. Except I've forgotten that for every "She's So High" or Pearl Jam's version of "Last Kiss" there seems to be five "MmmBop" or "Macarenas". The 90's were highlighted by boy bands and one hit wonders, after all.

And yet I keep tuning in every time hoping to catch a K-Ci and Jojo.

Here have some K-Ci & Jojo

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvMT_mVbqw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXvMT_mVbqw</a>

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #272 on: January 24, 2012, 11:46:51 am »
*squeals* Eeeeeee! Thank you!

I am well aware how wonderfully cheesetastic that song is, but I have some fond memories attached to it.

Edit: Adding that moment when the last thread/section you've got marked unread is the one you both want to read and dread reading. Today, for me, it's P&G because of the dead cat. I haven't even read the thread yet but mentions of it have popped up in some of the other ones. I know I'm going to be sad, I know I am going to rage, and I know I'm going to feel helpless because there is nothing I can do to help this family out. At least people on facebook are talking about starting a fund to help the 101 year old woman get back her house. But this? Even if the person is caught they'll still get the bare minimum sentencing and might not get any jail time at all. And someone's family pet is still gone, with no way to bring it back.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 11:57:49 am by rosenewock21 »
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #273 on: January 24, 2012, 03:27:06 pm »
That at least twice a week I get a massive headache at work due to idiots spraying way too much air freshener in the bathroom. I work right next to the bathroom and the smell of the air freshener always leaves the bathroom and drifts in to my area.

Offline rtvc2012

• Pope
« Reply #274 on: January 24, 2012, 03:36:01 pm »
The following songs:
"Downtown" by Petula Clark
"Survivor" by Destiny's Child

Forget "Friday", THOSE are the two most annoying Ear Worms I've ever heard

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #275 on: January 24, 2012, 04:54:50 pm »
The following songs:

Aww... I like that song.  :p

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #276 on: January 24, 2012, 05:42:39 pm »
The following songs:

Aww... I like that song.  :p

So do I. :3
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #277 on: January 24, 2012, 05:51:34 pm »
TJ Lipscomb, since you're releasing new rare dragons to commemorate the Year of the Dragon, why the fuck did you only release them in one place? The point of having multiple habitats was to reduce lag and increase drop sites!
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #278 on: January 24, 2012, 06:23:03 pm »
Oh, just the fact that a motherfucking asshole from my class stole my goddamn syllabus because he's a fucking moron and can't follow directions, and now I don't know what the fuck to do for this assignment. And surprise surprise, the professor didn't post it online. Motherfucking cunt.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #279 on: January 24, 2012, 06:41:40 pm »
My mother doesn't pay attention when it's her turn to sweep the floors and keeps killing vacuums. She then yells at me to fix them, even though that normally means taking the whole damned thing apart to get the entire clog undone, if it can be fixed at all.

Offline Vene

• AKA Vene-Eye the Science Guy
  • Pope
  • Patronizing Know-It-All Snotnose
« Reply #280 on: January 24, 2012, 07:09:53 pm »
GE is dicking me around. A couple months ago I went to get my car repaired and considered getting financing, but decided against it. As a result an account through them was set up. I got my car fixed and I paid the bill in full. Then I got a bill from GE saying they wanted ~$2k. I took it to the people who repaired my car and they told me they had no record of the transaction in question, so they told me they would tell GE to give me a refund. As a result, I did not pay the bill and when I called their customer service number I told the rep that I was not going to pay it because the transaction never happened. I was told it would take about a week for the system to get updated and for me to get my account credited. Now they're calling me asking for the money and after speaking with the owner of the car shop I found out they think I've received a refund because GE said that is what happened. I don't know what the fuck GE thinks they're trying to do, but I'm not giving them a fucking cent of my money. I'll take the fuckers to court if I have to do it.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 07:11:53 pm by Vene »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #281 on: January 25, 2012, 08:14:01 am »
People who cry about how "PC gaming is dying", especially when they point to game stores stocking fuck all PC games nowadays as evidence. Gee Einstein, you suppose that, oh I don't know, services such as Steam, GamersGate and Good Old Games selling PC games for much lower prices than retail has anything to do with it? Nooo, that would make to much sense and force you to drop the whole PC gamer martyr bullshit. We can't have that now can we?

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #282 on: January 25, 2012, 09:05:12 am »
Being perpetually absent minded when non-life altering things aren't right in my face. Especially when those things make other people think you're being rude.

Example: Last friday I had one of my "series of unfortunate events" days. I had at least three different tabs with various conversations open when firefox crashed. I restarted the computer and started messing with other stuff, telling myself I'd come back to those things later. Cause, yeah, my brain goes "Oooh! Shiny!" and runs off in random directions when not corralled. On top of that there are kids, dogs, housework and other offline things to take my attention and slip ups happen. This slip up just meant that I have at least 5 different on site messages from three different sites I thought I had responded to and it looks like I actually did not. I'm back tracking right now and making sure to get back with everyone.

So, yeah, if you sent me a message last friday night, or possibly even last saturday, I'm so sorry for not getting back to you and am playing catch up when not distracted by the shiny.

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #283 on: January 25, 2012, 09:26:01 am »
Having depression and all the fucking things that come with it.

When the psychomotor retardation kicks in and I can't move at all.

When a breakdown kicks in and I weep, scream and punch holes in my bedroom door.

When my parents seem to know all the syndrome's causes, but none of its effects.

When I finally come out about being suicidal and it feels like it's not being taken seriously.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #284 on: January 25, 2012, 10:27:36 am »
The band lineup for a festival I'm interested in is supposed to be announced today, but it hasn't been yet. I've been waiting so long.
Everybody's doin' the fish.