Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387062 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #960 on: April 20, 2017, 03:34:01 am »
...I think Spicer is gonna have to resume his old job as the Easter Bunny before long.

Well, the countervailing factor is that O'Reilly, like Trump, is a showman, and is probably better at it. And Trump wants his Presidency to be The Trump Show and won't have anyone overshadowing him, which O'Reilly could well do.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #961 on: April 20, 2017, 08:00:02 am »
Likely because Billo the Clown might at least have real charisma, unlike the Angry Cheeto.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #962 on: April 20, 2017, 09:48:16 am »
Assuming that replacing Spencer with O'Reilly entered Trump's mind and O'Reilly was interested in the job I think he would get it. Trump's ego and stupidity are large enough that he wouldn't expect being overshadowed. O'Reilly might just not last long in the job if he ended up doing that and the media/SNL twisted the knife stabbed into Trump's ego.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #963 on: April 20, 2017, 10:31:28 am »
http://shareblue.com/georgia-state-senator-lets-it-slip-gop-gerrymandered-ossoffs-district-to-disenfranchise-black-voters/

Ooops... Somebody accidentally said out loud that the state had been gerrymandered to make sure that a black candidate wouldn't get elected.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #964 on: April 20, 2017, 11:00:27 am »
http://shareblue.com/georgia-state-senator-lets-it-slip-gop-gerrymandered-ossoffs-district-to-disenfranchise-black-voters/

Ooops... Somebody accidentally said out loud that the state had been gerrymandered to make sure that a black candidate wouldn't get elected.

Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #965 on: April 20, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »

Except that that's not what they said. I'm all for punishing Republicans, believe me, but lets at least remember the difference between "they said this" and "they said some other thing, from which we inferred that he was intending to point out this guy's race subtly, which of course would imply this, assuming our inference is correct".
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #966 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45:01 pm »
Well, Gerrymandering to make it harder for rival parties to win is perfectly legal in USA as the only restriction is if it is done to prevent specific ethnic groups from voting so they can always claim that they only target the Democrats rather than minorities.

John Oliver had a good episode about these practises.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #967 on: April 20, 2017, 05:05:09 pm »

Except that that's not what they said. I'm all for punishing Republicans, believe me, but lets at least remember the difference between "they said this" and "they said some other thing, from which we inferred that he was intending to point out this guy's race subtly, which of course would imply this, assuming our inference is correct".

Racist or not, it's still shady as all get-out.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #968 on: April 20, 2017, 07:07:28 pm »
...I think Spicer is gonna have to resume his old job as the Easter Bunny before long.

Come on now, Sean Spicer's resume is much to impressive to be just an Easter Bunny in the mall. We all know Sean Spicer co-starred on Mike and Molly before joining the Trump cabinet. She could easily find a character role in a CBS comedy show.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #969 on: April 21, 2017, 01:04:20 am »
Trump will probably hire O'Reilly a few days after good ol' Bill-O gives a press conference and paraphrases his former boss's former boss and says, "You don't have O'Reilly to kick around any more."
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #970 on: April 21, 2017, 08:58:28 am »
Presented without comment.

Source: http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/329840-trump-lawyer-protesters-violated-campaigns-first-amendment-right-by

President Donald Trump’s lawyers on Thursday argued that anti-Trump protesters infringed on his First Amendment right by expressing "dissenting views" at his campaign rallies.

According to a report by Politico, Trump's lawyers are asking a judge to halt an ongoing lawsuit against the president by maintaining that protesters "have no right" to voice opposing views during rallies.

Three protesters who were ejected from a March 2016 Trump campaign rally in Louisville, Ky., have sued, claiming that they were roughed up after Trump incited violence by shouting “get 'em out of here!” from the stage.

Trump’s lawyers, however, argued that the then-GOP nominee also specifically said “Don’t hurt ‘em.”

The president's legal team also maintained that Trump had every right to call for the removal of the protesters since they "interfered with the Trump campaign’s First Amendment right.”

Ironbite-*novas*

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #971 on: April 21, 2017, 11:48:06 am »
Silly robot raptor, don't you know that the Constitution means what the President says it means?

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #972 on: April 21, 2017, 02:29:19 pm »
So now we have Russia flying its jets near our coasts. We have Assad gassing his own people, North Korea testing it's missile capabilities, and now we have Trump trying to show off the US navy by lying that he sent the fleet to the South China sea.
I think we can all breathe a sigh of relief knowing we have a president who will sink as low to all the dick wagging that other world demagogues like to demonstrate.
As a matter of fact can someone make a political cartoon of Kim Jong Un, Putin, Assad and Trump all standing in a circle over a globe and just having them wave their dicks around saying "Look how big my dick is!" But they're really just very very small.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #973 on: April 21, 2017, 02:35:44 pm »
In case you didn't know, China and Russia are moving more troops to their border with North Korea. They are preparing for a possible war between USA and NK.

Whether they would join the war is not certain but at the very least neither of those countries wants a mass of refugees from NK into their country and if it looks like USA tries to take their buffer zone away they are likely to retaliate somehow.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #974 on: April 21, 2017, 02:50:37 pm »
Deep in the Warp, the Ruinous Powers are laughing and preparing for one hell of a show.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer