Author Topic: Migrants Die in Mediterranean Shipwrecks  (Read 1010 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
Re: Migrants Die in Mediterranean Shipwrecks
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2015, 06:16:42 am »
I heard that one of the things that caused the ship to tip over was the people all crowding to the one side of the boat to try and get another boats attention. Have you ever stopped to think about just how many people are needed to shift the weight of a boat that much?

The people who run these Migrant ship scam / deals / whatever you want to call them, could probably teach the old colonial era slave traders a thing or two about squeezing as many people onto a boat as possible.

What is worse, I am not even sure where I stand on the issue of these ships. The poor people on them are almost exclusively refugees from all the warfare in the middle east and North Africa. While the people running the things take everything those refugees have, squeeze them onto a ship point it at Europe and leave them to their fate. I wonder why they even bother to leave them on the ships like that. I guess its easier to take their stuff buy a cheap boat and leave them than it is to kill them all and re-use the boat. Mass graves of that size are a lot of hard work.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Migrants Die in Mediterranean Shipwrecks
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2015, 05:35:35 pm »
The simple fact is that people want to flee Africa and they've got the money to pay.

There's two ways we can treat them
1) The Australian way - we abuse, beat up, torture, humiliate those lucky few that survive for fun and profit, justified as a deterrence to the others
2) Let them flee poverty and war, make the trip as safe as possible and process them rapidly when they arrive.

Or rather, there is one acceptable way to treat them.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR