Author Topic: California initiative to exetuve "sodomites"  (Read 3900 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: California initiative to exetuve "sodomites"
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2015, 04:18:19 pm »
And then they will claim they were trying to get work done but the liberals kept blocking them.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2015, 04:19:48 pm »
And running smack dab into the Constitution?

Ironbite-yeah snowballs chance in hell.

That's not the way it works. A state can now brazenly violate the U.S. constitution and it'll go to the SCOTUS where, if they play their cards right, at least five justices will decide that case law can fuck off and overturn what we thought was a constitutional protection.

This is straight out of the post-Roe-v.-Wade playbook.

Abortion was never protected by the constitution.

And I doubt that any Supreme Court justice would agree that gays should be executed.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2015, 06:33:45 pm »
And running smack dab into the Constitution?

Ironbite-yeah snowballs chance in hell.

That's not the way it works. A state can now brazenly violate the U.S. constitution and it'll go to the SCOTUS where, if they play their cards right, at least five justices will decide that case law can fuck off and overturn what we thought was a constitutional protection.

This is straight out of the post-Roe-v.-Wade playbook.

Let me put this plain and simple so you can fucking understand.  This smacks into at least 3 Amendments that I know of.  Roe vs. Wade did not so SCOTUS had to step in and decide if abortion was protected by the Constitution.  This violates it so hard that the Constitution is now filing a rape report.  This is an attempt to murder people.  Roe vs. Wade had no precedent hence why it went to SCOTUS.  You keep trying to insist that this has more then a snowball's chance in an inferno I will fly to where you live and beat you with a rusty halibut.

Ironbite-you understand me?

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2015, 12:49:50 am »
For once, I am optimistic that this will fail. The simple fact that it is trying to kill people would make it far too much for Justice Kennedy and most likely Justice Roberts. The more left leaning judges would shoot it down instantly. And, again the execution line of it, I doubt that too many large churches would want to have that sort of albatross. Maybe smaller, unaffiliated churches, but not the Mormon Church, which gets enough flak from those on the right. It doesn't need the entirety of the left brought against them.
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2015, 11:40:39 am »
I KNOW it will fail. This is random kookery by some random kook. No worries.