Author Topic: Arguement on God turns Deadly  (Read 5260 times)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
Arguement on God turns Deadly
« on: September 04, 2013, 05:50:34 pm »
An Oakland man has been found guilty of first-degree murder for shooting and killing his friend during an alcohol and cocaine-fueled argument over the existence of God.

Yim became enraged and grabbed his gun after Phan asked Yim where God was when Yim’s father died of a stroke several years earlier.
Yim shot Phan at least six times. Park was also hit by a bullet.

Source

The comments section has turned into the usual "Hitler was an atheist" and "atheists lack empathy" shit.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Arguement on God turns Deadly
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 09:36:58 pm »
The comments section has turned into the usual "Hitler was an atheist" and "atheists lack empathy" shit.

But seriously, I wish I could say I'm surprised this would lead to typical, tired demonization of non-believers. Nope.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 09:41:04 pm »
An Oakland man has been found guilty of first-degree murder for shooting and killing his friend during an alcohol and cocaine-fueled argument over the existence of God.

Yim became enraged and grabbed his gun after Phan asked Yim where God was when Yim’s father died of a stroke several years earlier.

Source

Note to self:

If on the off chance I ever do drugs, do not talk about religion, politics, or ponies, or else I will get shot to death.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 11:32:13 pm »

Source

Note to self:

If on the off chance I ever do drugs, do not talk about religion, politics, or ponies, or else I will get shot to death.

Really? I think I heard from someone that MLP is pretty good to watch when tripping balls, what with all the bright colors.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2013, 11:37:26 pm »

Source

Note to self:

Really? I think I heard from someone that MLP is pretty good to watch when tripping balls, what with all the bright colors.
I think Smoking made that point on here at one point.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2013, 12:19:39 am »

Source

Note to self:

Well, sure.  Watching it is fine.

But talking about it while high is the issue.  Because, you know... bronies.  And anti-bronies.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2013, 01:22:51 am »
"What do you mean Fluttershy isn't the best pony" *shot*  (Funny thing when I wrote this I read it in Macho Man Randy Savages Voice.)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2013, 06:31:40 am »
Comments section, why do you always do this to me :(

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2013, 11:35:29 am »
Because articles like this tend to bring out the worst in humanity.

Ironbite-seriously the worst.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2013, 12:38:52 pm »

So do alcohol and drugs, as was proven in this case.

Seriously, especially in Finland it seems like most of our homicides and fights are caused by alcohol and/or drugs. Childhood friends stab each other to death over a silly argument after drinking too much.

Even in this case, the original argument was a dickish move, teasing a guy over the death of his father. Not an justification for shooting him, mind you, but still a dick move.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2013, 03:31:58 pm »
I'll bet that argument was conducted at a high level before the gun appeared.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2013, 07:26:41 pm »
"...an alcohol and cocaine-fueled argument..."

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2013, 07:39:33 pm »

So do alcohol and drugs, as was proven in this case.

Seriously, especially in Finland it seems like most of our homicides and fights are caused by alcohol and/or drugs. Childhood friends stab each other to death over a silly argument after drinking too much.

Even in this case, the original argument was a dickish move, teasing a guy over the death of his father. Not an justification for shooting him, mind you, but still a dick move.

From what I read, it didn't sound like he was teasing him about his dad dying, but using it as an example of the age-old "Where was your god when you needed him most?"  Might've been a dick move bringing it up, but it was a valid point.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Raymond Dullaghy

• Apprentice
  • God before dogma!
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2013, 12:10:41 pm »
You know, I think we all learned something today. Drugs are bad, mmmkay?
I'm in science to discover and analyze God's wonderful universe, not gripe about how people don't like God.  I believe the creation/evolution debate is a waste of Christian brains (we have them, believe it or not) that could be better spent on making actual things.

Favorite philosophers (out of the ones I've personally read): Jesus, Solomon, Marcus Aurelius, Immanuel Kant

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 12:51:50 pm »
Moral of the story....If you & a companion decide to have a theological argument, make sure you & the other party are not bombed out of your skulls with various mind-altering substances. Thank you.