Author Topic: The New New Art Thread.  (Read 97205 times)

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
Re: The New New Art Thread.
« Reply #90 on: May 06, 2012, 07:23:03 pm »
I drew this from a Lenore comic.

Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #91 on: May 09, 2012, 12:38:13 pm »
Looks neat, JebJeb.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #92 on: May 13, 2012, 11:49:55 am »
Heh, it seems I've started churning out images again:

(click to show/hide)
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #94 on: May 23, 2012, 12:14:12 am »
Well I have two separate things this time. We'll start with the Minecraft character skin I made.

Here's the image I used as reference.

I made it with the skin editor at minecraftskins.com. I wish I could have found a better way to do the face, but I'm working with an 8x8 pixel square. I think the rest turned out alright. Here's a link for those that want to download the skin, and you can get a better look at it: http://www.minecraftskins.com/skin/216140/sachiel/

The next thing is some stuff I did in Mastercam, a 3D design program used a lot for CNC machining, which I'm taking a class on at vo-tech for the second half of the school day. I'm amazed at times that they trust a bunch of high school kids with $20,000+ machines.

All 8 designs laid out to be laser etched on to dog-tags.

Close up of the Sachiel mask with wings and the SEELE emblem.

Close up of random symbol #1 and Gearhead

Close up of the Invisible Pink Unicorn logo and the other winged Sachiel mask.

Close up of Cthulhu and the plain Sachiel mask.

Generally if we're going to put a picture on to an something with a CNC mill or the laser we take an image off the internet, put it into Mastercam, which convert's it pretty badly most of the time, and then we have to manually put arcs and lines over the rough shape we have then delete the original vector image. That's what I did with the IPU emblem, SEELE emblem and the wings on the masks. I would have done the same to the Cthulhu image, but with school ending in two days and the image being as complex as it is, I wouldn't have time. So instead I left it the way in was because it looks fine once the original is shrunk down from 6in to a little under 1in to fit on the dog-tag. I added the arched lettering to the top as well.

The Gearhead was made taking this skull and a stock image of a gear and fusing them together while editing out all the extra. The unknown symbol was made by combining bits and pieces from Mastercam's stock image library that where categorized as "tribal", like those tattoos douchebags get. I make it one day while bored and messing around and playing with any image available, this was a result that I thought was worth saving for future use. I don't have any idea as of yet for what I'll use it for so do you all have any ideas?

Finally the Sachiel masks were made entirely from scratch. I didn't trace it from the designs I posted earlier. I then experimented with adding "angel wings" to it. I have a version with "demon wings", but that one didn't make it on to here as I took these screen shots right as class was ending. I'll try to post it and any others I missed tomorrow. The boxes on the screen represent the fixture we put the tags in to make it easier to position a large amount correctly much easier. The boxes in the program were made by a classmate of mine. The plastic fixture itself, made on a 3D printer, was designed by another class mate.

I will probably be making the the tags tomorrow, so I'll try to post pic's of the results.

I would love comments, suggestions, or criticisms on both the Minecraft skin and the Mastercam designs. Any way I could make it better? Any ideas for future projects?(though Mastercam ideas will have to wait until the start of the next school year before I can start on them)
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #95 on: May 24, 2012, 12:26:12 am »
Here's the pictures of the finished tags I mentioned yesterday. They're all etched on two different colored tags, and the design is on both sides of each tag. They're made by burning the paint off with a powerful laser(running a fraction of its full power).

(Sorry in advance for the big pictures)

« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:36:31 am by MadCatTLX »
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #96 on: May 26, 2012, 03:34:30 pm »
Jodi's going away present...

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2012, 11:19:56 pm »

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2012, 12:02:35 am »
My uploads to iStockPhoto so far:

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #99 on: June 19, 2012, 09:38:49 pm »
More iStock uploads.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #100 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:03 pm »
I apologize for the necro, but since this is the sole thread for submitting your art/drawings, there is some justifications to that.

I don't draw as often as I want to, but I whipped these two sketches on MS Paint last night when I was bored.

Some mediocre attempts at fan art for the interactive comic Ruby Quest. I am terrible at drawing poses and muzzles for anthropomorphic beings. I then gave up because I thought these look like shit.

Another sketch. This time it's fan art of Monster World IV (If you haven't played any game in the Wonder Boy/Monster World series, the entire series is on the Virtual Console). I'm trying to fix this sketch up since I'm still not pleased with how she (Asha, the protagonist of that game and the girl in my avatar) looks. If there are things I'm also terrible at, it would be female faces, especially semi-realistic.

(Yes, if I do ever finish this, there will be proper line art and I will crop any unused space.)

Constructive critique is very welcome, because I don't want my stuff to look bad.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #101 on: July 28, 2012, 06:00:40 pm »
More clip art

And the conclusion of the above comic

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #102 on: August 10, 2012, 05:15:21 pm »
Clip art coming out my ears!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #103 on: August 10, 2012, 05:53:54 pm »
The windows are beautiful, John. Good work!
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #104 on: August 10, 2012, 06:51:58 pm »
Those are all great. I love those windows.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy