Author Topic: Why do Christians give god credit for everything.  (Read 5191 times)

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
Re: Why do Christians give god credit for everything.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2012, 04:52:12 pm »
This is a problem for me being an agnostic who was born and raised in the bible belt. I hear god getting praised even when nothing out of the ordinary happened.

For example a long time friend of mine recently had extensive dental surgery.  She has been keeping us up to date on her recovery via facebook.   

It's been pretty cut and dried, the dentist performed the surgery with no complications.  Its a week later and she still looks like she has been beat with a baseball bat but she is recovering.  Last night she posted thanking everyone for the prayers sent her way and saying god is awesome.   I thought "but why"?  God didn't  do the surgery - shouldn't she be thanking her dentist?  She hasn't recovered any faster than anyone else does from this type of surgery - she is still bruised and still can hardly eat.  So what did god do that was so awesome?

Other than the god fixation she is an okay person, she is fairly intelligent and runs her own business so she is not stupid except for this one area.  I just don't get it. Shouldn't she be thanking her dentist and the family that has taken care of her?

My cousin just did this very thing with her eye surgery.  SHe is seeing much better after her surgery, so God must be wonderful.

I am very tempted to point out that her vision got fucked up in the first place because her body reacted badly to Lasic surgery.  But I won't, because I don't want to have to hear about it.