Author Topic: White Kill the Gay backer standing trial for crimes against humanity  (Read 2273 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/08/14/evangelical-pastor-to-stand-trial-in-massachusetts-for-alleged-crimes-against-humanity/
Basically Scott Livery is being charged for exploiting Uganda and leading them towards homophobia

wrightway

Re: White Kill the Gay backer standing trial for crimes against humanity
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 08:17:36 pm »
That site is chock full of terrifying. That said, it's good he's getting what's coming to him.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 11:24:38 pm »
Calling it now, he'll get off.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Leafy

• Radical Radish
  • Pope
  • "My bunny will eat your soul!"
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 11:27:49 pm »
Calling it now, he'll get off.
Seconding this. We can dream though.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2013, 12:22:53 am »
Sometimes I wonder how the heck's the Progressives are ever going to get a foothold. Regressives seem to run the world.

So many humans do indeed "get it" and aren't prone to the world's tricks, but they're rarely the ones in power.

I just would love to crack the secret of Power, so that Progressives can get a big foothold.

Every time there's a big Progressive Movement or innovative youth counterculture, it always gets undermined, it's leaders often assassinated & the effects, which may last, get reduced.

Something has got to give. How can Progressives be so intelligent & educated yet be so vulnerable, spineless, naive & overpowered. Why can't we take the world by storm? We need to seek positions of power & influence! We've let our idealism & principles hinder us. There is a way to be subversive & have our cake and eat it, too. Yes, power can corrupt but it doesn't have to. We need to be pragmatic.

There has to be weak spots in the Regressive's armor.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:59 am »
Sometimes I wonder how the heck's the Progressives are ever going to get a foothold. Regressives seem to run the world.

So many humans do indeed "get it" and aren't prone to the world's tricks, but they're rarely the ones in power.

I just would love to crack the secret of Power, so that Progressives can get a big foothold.

Every time there's a big Progressive Movement or innovative youth counterculture, it always gets undermined, it's leaders often assassinated & the effects, which may last, get reduced.

Something has got to give. How can Progressives be so intelligent & educated yet be so vulnerable, spineless, naive & overpowered. Why can't we take the world by storm? We need to seek positions of power & influence! We've let our idealism & principles hinder us. There is a way to be subversive & have our cake and eat it, too. Yes, power can corrupt but it doesn't have to. We need to be pragmatic.

Here's the thing: we'll get our foothold when they die. The truth is, the same conservatives that were around for the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s are the ones we're fighting now. They're long-lasting, but they'll die. When they will be around the same time their supporters die. Basically, we just need to play the waiting game. They'll be dead soon enough. And, I disagree with it getting undermined. It becomes mainstream. In the 1960s, the idea of being anti-war and into kindness was radical. Now, anti-war is pretty common, states are legalizing pot, and the ideas of the hippies are pretty common as normal ideas. Classic rock was shocking and scary when it started, due to singing about sex and drugs and partying. Now, sex, drugs and parties is what most of our music is about. In the 1980s, that increased, and additionally, everything got weird. Now, everything's so different and unique. 2000s/2010s style is no-style. It's whatever you want. The 1990s, the metal debuting was shocking. Now, Trent Reznor is seen as a pretty cool guy. Korn and Slipknot are the old guard. Marilyn Manson isn't shocking, despite not changing much (sure, the self-harm on stage is gone, but he still rips up Bibles every night, sings about sex, drugs and being yourself, still wears makeup and he still has a sexy guy in a dress). It's not that they die, it's that they're no longer unaccepted.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2013, 12:42:49 am »

Here's the thing: we'll get our foothold when they die. The truth is, the same conservatives that were around for the 60s, 70s, 80s and 90s are the ones we're fighting now. They're long-lasting, but they'll die. When they will be around the same time their supporters die. Basically, we just need to play the waiting game. They'll be dead soon enough. And, I disagree with it getting undermined. It becomes mainstream. In the 1960s, the idea of being anti-war and into kindness was radical. Now, anti-war is pretty common, states are legalizing pot, and the ideas of the hippies are pretty common as normal ideas. Classic rock was shocking and scary when it started, due to singing about sex and drugs and partying. Now, sex, drugs and parties is what most of our music is about. In the 1980s, that increased, and additionally, everything got weird. Now, everything's so different and unique. 2000s/2010s style is no-style. It's whatever you want. The 1990s, the metal debuting was shocking. Now, Trent Reznor is seen as a pretty cool guy. Korn and Slipknot are the old guard. Marilyn Manson isn't shocking, despite not changing much (sure, the self-harm on stage is gone, but he still rips up Bibles every night, sings about sex, drugs and being yourself, still wears makeup and he still has a sexy guy in a dress). It's not that they die, it's that they're no longer unaccepted.

I guess waiting is our only choice. The Kochs will die, Murdoch will die, they'll all die.

What I worry about are the younger successors & Regressives who are fairly youngish. I know each generation is more Progressive in general but I'm always afraid. I just have to be strong. I did say something rash a few minutes ago on the thread about Matt Damon/Obama. I think I "lost it" again. I feel like a dork.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2013, 04:31:53 am »
I guess waiting is our only choice. The Kochs will die, Murdoch will die, they'll all die.

What I worry about are the younger successors & Regressives who are fairly youngish. I know each generation is more Progressive in general but I'm always afraid. I just have to be strong. I did say something rash a few minutes ago on the thread about Matt Damon/Obama. I think I "lost it" again. I feel like a dork.

The problem is that the very same "power" that the regressive use to control things is what turns progressives into regressive when they get a taste of it. Money and power corrupt even the best of people. There was a study on it, it was fascinating, even if you take someone with the best nature and put them in a position of power, their attitude changes almost immediately, and the reverse is true too. Those who are used to power, when placed in a powerless position become less authoritative and more supportive. It appears to be human nature. As such the Kochs and the Murdocks of the world will always be around, we need to find ways to deal with them in all their forms.

As for this guy, I doubt anything will happen to him.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 09:31:42 am »
Well, I'll remain optimistic and stick with PosthumanHeresy on this one. Not everyone is totally corrupted by power.