Author Topic: Rick Santorum: Conservatives Will Never Have "Smart People On Our Side"  (Read 1682 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
"We will never have the media on our side, ever, in this country," Santorum, a former Pennsylvania senator, told the audience at the Omni Shoreham hotel. "We will never have the elite, smart people on our side."

The media "doesn't like the other side," Santorum said. "And not necessarily, I would argue, because they agree with them, but because they can influence the country.

"If just a few people make decisions about what this world looks like, what this country looks like, then you have people sitting in offices at major media outlets and Hollywood who think they can deal with a small group of people, to get them to jump through the hoops they want you to," Santorum said.

Santorum also criticized the libertarian wing of the Republican party for not supporting what he sees as the pillars of conservatism: religion and family.

"When it comes to conservatism libertarian types can say, oh, well you know, we don't want to talk about social issues," Santorum said. "Without the church and the family, there is no conservative movement, there is no basic values of America."

http://www.buzzfeed.com/rosiegray/rick-santorum-says-smart-people-will-never-be-on

Well at least they are finally admitting to themselves that only the unintelligent will be GOP supporters.  Maybe they joined a 12 step program?
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Rick Santorum: Conservatives Will Never Have "Smart People On Our Side"
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:32:44 pm »
Well now that's just awesome ;D

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 01:09:57 pm »
Spin time: Santorum calls conservative voters stupid!
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 01:59:57 pm »
Spin time: Santorum calls conservative voters stupid!
How is that spin? That's exactly what he did.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 02:15:00 pm »
I appreciate his honesty.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 03:20:37 pm »
What surprises me most is that this will probably win him votes. Hardcore conservatives tend to be suspicious of those who make a living by brainpower.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 03:45:32 am »
What surprises me most is that this will probably win him votes. Hardcore conservatives tend to be suspicious of those who make a living by brainpower.

It is pretty much one of those cases where the vast number of supporters are too stupid to realize they have just been called stupid nor do they realize their own inherent stupidity and hence think they are actually intelligent, more so than those who actually are intelligent.
This is why the playing chess with a pigeon analogy is so appropriate.