Author Topic: The Atheist should self censor.  (Read 45485 times)

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
Re: The Atheist should self censor.
« Reply #90 on: February 25, 2013, 03:41:25 pm »
Professing one's Christianity and living it are two very different things.

Also there is fairly convincing evidence that a lot of the writings purported to be Adolf Hitler are postwar fabrications.  He lost the battle of the Atheist dictators against Stalin so naturally the Atheist movement would have been keen to disavow him as one of their own.

Again, Hitler's religious views are COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT. What he did was wrong because killing people is wrong. He could have been any faith, and his actions would still be wrong.

or maybe the fact that they were Christian isn't important at all
It's only important in that part of Nazi reasoning was based on Christian anti-Semitism, and that AE's argument was that they were atheists.

I understand. I just want us to avoid attributing their actions to any faith. That's not a factor in it being evil.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #91 on: February 25, 2013, 03:42:31 pm »
Though that puts you in the unfortunate "No True Scotsman" corner. The fact is, awful Christians exist. So do awful atheists (e.g. Stalin). Trying to blame all of history's problems on one group is intellectually lazy.

Also there is fairly convincing evidence that a lot of the writings purported to be Adolf Hitler are postwar fabrications.  He lost the battle of the Atheist dictators against Stalin so naturally the Atheist movement would have been keen to disavow him as one of their own.
Including his speeches?...

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #92 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:41 pm »
Atheism killed Bambi's mom.
It's also responsible for 9/11, the Holocaust, slavery, the dinosaur extinction, and spilling my drink. :P

Your flippant comments illuminate more than you probably realise. 

Islam is one of the many masks worn by deceitful Atheists in their long war against God.

The Holocaust is clearly the work of the Atheist movement.  Jews, Jehovas witnesses and other believers put to the sword by a man who rejected God such that he could replace Him in the eyes of his people.

Slavery, I think you'll realise, was abolished through the works of Great Christians in the 19th century.
Muslims and Catholics are secret atheists now. This just keeps getting better. Tell me, were the Crusades and the Spanish Inquisition also caused by atheists?

I never claimed that Catholics are Atheists.  The Catholic church as an organisation, however, has a history of mutating itself to accept membership from all over the world, it was bound to grow to include some more pagan and atheistic elements eventually and the historical actions of the church would tend to confirm this

In days past it was a beacon of hope and morality, the truest form of christianity and the ONLY Christian social structure free of the strangling grip of the atheist-infused Catholic church.

Sorry, you were saying?

Oh and I think you'll find out that there's nothing wrong with the Catholic Church accepting membership from all over the world.  In fact, I'm pretty sure that was what Jesus wanted.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 03:44:55 pm »
It's only important in that part of Nazi reasoning was based on Christian anti-Semitism, and that AE's argument was that they were atheists.

Well let's put it to the test, shall we?

Contention 1: Islam is just Atheism in a funny costume.  The inherent hatred of Christ is alive in both groups.
Contention 2: The Holocaust was in large part due to the Atheist hatred of Jews and Christians

If these are both true, the Atheist community would be steadfast in its support of Palestine and highly critical of western support of Israel.

Funny, that's exactly what we see, eh?
Visit my Youtube channel for more videos and information :)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQ5PX9YnqI2le1uwXxWwQ6w

• The Beast
« Reply #94 on: February 25, 2013, 03:46:12 pm »

Again, Hitler's religious views are COMPLETELY UNIMPORTANT. What he did was wrong because killing people is wrong. He could have been any faith, and his actions would still be wrong.

I understand. I just want us to avoid attributing their actions to any faith. That's not a factor in it being evil.
We can disagree on how much weight we give to religiosity being a motivating factor for the Nazis, along with racial purity, but we shouldn't merely ignore it and just say "Hitler was evil, the end."

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #95 on: February 25, 2013, 03:48:29 pm »

Contention 1: Islam is just Atheism in a funny costume.  The inherent hatred of Christ is alive in both groups.
Contention 2: The Holocaust was in large part due to the Atheist hatred of Jews and Christians

If these are both true, the Atheist community would be steadfast in its support of Palestine and highly critical of western support of Israel.

"Go amongst those called Christians, for there you will always be welcome"  The Quran.  Now, if they were all atheists, why would they be directed to go amongst them?  Come to that, why would Muslims say "Allah Akhbar" which means "God is great"?

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #96 on: February 25, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »

What are your opinions on people who have no intentions of ever getting married or having kids?

If they wish to maintain a celibate lifestyle, it's their choice.  I cannot endorse any course of action which involves sexual activity outside the covenant of marriage, though.

So I'm a horrible person because I'm not married and I have sex with my boyfriend? I guess to your mind, that makes me a slut, even though I've never had sex with anybody but him. How does having a ring on your finger magically make it okay?

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #97 on: February 25, 2013, 04:13:52 pm »
Muslims don't hate Jesus. He's highly praised in the Quran.

Most atheists don't hate Jesus either. Some think he didn't exist. Other think he was a good moral teacher, just not God.

Yes, the holocaust had a lot to do with hating Jews, but homosexuals (and atheists I think, but I'm not positive) were also rounded up, tortured, and killed. Christians were not. Hardly seems like the actions of an atheistic regime.

Not all atheists support Palestine. Some support Isreal. Others, like myself, think there is blame on both sides and think both sides need to knock it off and make some concessions.

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2013, 04:16:50 pm »

What are your opinions on people who have no intentions of ever getting married or having kids?

If they wish to maintain a celibate lifestyle, it's their choice.  I cannot endorse any course of action which involves sexual activity outside the covenant of marriage, though.

So I'm a horrible person because I'm not married and I have sex with my boyfriend? I guess to your mind, that makes me a slut, even though I've never had sex with anybody but him. How does having a ring on your finger magically make it okay?

Now you're just being melodramatic.  Although it does also appear you seem to have some awareness of the non-ideal nature of your behaviour, given your apparent hypersensitiveness to criticism of it.  I'm not about to start calling you names, although I do disagree with the acceptability of premarital sex.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #99 on: February 25, 2013, 04:37:46 pm »

Now you're just being melodramatic.  Although it does also appear you seem to have some awareness of the non-ideal nature of your behaviour, given your apparent hypersensitiveness to criticism of it.  I'm not about to start calling you names, although I do disagree with the acceptability of premarital sex.

And you're NOT being melodramatic? And my nature is very ideal. Why would I want to spend thousands of dollars getting married just so me and my boyfriend can engage in an act that is entirely natural? It's the CHRISTIANS who are hypersensitive when it comes to sex. How many non-Christians do you know scream about what people do in the privacy of their own bedrooms? And again, why does having a ring on your finger suddenly make it okay? Sex has been proven to have many medical benefits, so why should it be open ONLY to those who say "I do?"

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #100 on: February 25, 2013, 05:08:08 pm »
Muslims don't hate Jesus. He's highly praised in the Quran.

Most atheists don't hate Jesus either. Some think he didn't exist. Other think he was a good moral teacher, just not God.

Yes, the holocaust had a lot to do with hating Jews, but homosexuals (and atheists I think, but I'm not positive) were also rounded up, tortured, and killed. Christians were not. Hardly seems like the actions of an atheistic regime.

Not all atheists support Palestine. Some support Isreal. Others, like myself, think there is blame on both sides and think both sides need to knock it off and make some concessions.

Those Communists who were also atheists would have been taken to the camps, although they were taken because they were Communists rather than anything else.

Offline Scotsgit

• The Beast
« Reply #101 on: February 25, 2013, 05:09:00 pm »
snip

I've asked you a question.  I want an answer.

Offline Atheism Exposed

• Neonate
  • Eternally Saved
« Reply #102 on: February 25, 2013, 05:42:28 pm »

"Go amongst those called Christians, for there you will always be welcome"  The Quran.  Now, if they were all atheists, why would they be directed to go amongst them?  Come to that, why would Muslims say "Allah Akhbar" which means "God is great"?

And therein lies the beauty of the whole arrangement.  Atheists wish to destroy christianity by driving people from it.  What better way to alienate people from a faith by creating a new group of violent primitive crazies and then declaring them to be related?  It's a classic example of a false-flag operation.

• The Beast
« Reply #103 on: February 25, 2013, 06:02:21 pm »
Okay my last response was rushed because I had class, Rinella, but I just want to clarify my position so it's more understandable. The Nazi Holocaust was the end result of multiple factors, which included racial, religious and political scapegoating of the Jewish people. Europe for centuries had been subjected to vicious anti-Jewish pogroms which stemmed from Christian anti-Judaism--Jews were often blamed for murdering Jesus, desecrating the Host and drinking the blood of Christian children, for example. Having studied the Holocaust I believe this type of thinking certainly had an impact in Germany, especially among everyday Germans. That Germany was already suffering from a wartime defeat and economic crisis made people even more willing to believe these lies. The Nazis also fused these anti-Jewish charges with racial animosity, with their constant calls for the preservation of the Aryan race against the "inferior" Jewish people. In order to study this type of event, you have to look at its totality. For example, it would be wrongheaded, in my opinion, to blame the September 11th attacks solely on Islamic fundamentalism and not examine the political causes of the event (or vice versa). Leaving out these details makes it harder to put such events in proper context. I hope that makes more sense.

• The Beast
« Reply #104 on: February 25, 2013, 06:03:31 pm »

And therein lies the beauty of the whole arrangement.  Atheists wish to destroy christianity by driving people from it.  What better way to alienate people from a faith by creating a new group of violent primitive crazies and then declaring them to be related?  It's a classic example of a false-flag operation.
This, this right here is Jack Chick-level stupid. The idea that atheists concocted a religion centuries ago to defeat another religion in order to eliminate all religion makes no sense no matter which way you slice it, kid.