Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Society and History / Re: 4Chan's "it's okay to be white" campaign
« Last post by niam2023 on Today at 02:28:14 am »
https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/It%27s_Okay_To_Be_White

Just gonna leave this here.

Andrew Anglin - aka a giant fucking Nazi - defended the project and proclaimed its usefulness in advancing his agenda. So, as I said, this article says all you need to know about this project by the asshole of the internet.
Yes, it is bad.

My sense of humour is... twisted, to say the least.
Yes, it is bad.
It's really bad that my first thought was, "We already have one, it's called decapitation."

And when I saw "less cancer" I thought, "We have one for that, too, it's called education."
Science and Technology / Re: Google facing multiple lawsuits
« Last post by Tolpuddle Martyr on Today at 12:11:03 am »
The report you cited was about toys.

This is the science and tech thread but Tonka trucks is a bit of a stretch!

So Lana, should we base human resources policies on a study showing that lads like cap guns then?
« Last post by Lana Reverse on December 16, 2017, 11:57:36 pm »
Yes, interests that arise due to biology, according to Damore.

See, Hard Manly Science sez lassies just don't want all that sciency, engineery stuff. It's in their biology to like kitten posts instead.

It's Science(tm)!

You mock, but a growing body of research suggests that interest differences are at least partly biological.

Children as young as 9 months-old prefer to play with toys specific to their own gender, according to a new study from academics at City University London and UCL.

The paper, which is published in the journal of Infant and Child Development, shows that in a familiar nursery environment significant sex differences were evident at an earlier age than gendered identity is usually demonstrated.

The research therefore suggests the possibility that boys and girls follow different developmental trajectories with respect to selection of gender-typed toys and that there is both a biological and a developmental-environmental components to the sex differences seen in object preferences.

Emphasis mine.
« Last post by Tolpuddle Martyr on December 16, 2017, 11:46:41 pm »
Yes, interests that arise due to biology, according to Damore.

See, Hard Manly Science sez lassies just don't want all that sciency, engineery stuff. It's in their biology to like kitten posts instead.

It's Science(tm)!
Anything that means "less cancer" is a good thing!
Science and Technology / A cure for the most common STD in the world is in the works
« Last post by Askold on December 16, 2017, 11:38:05 pm »
https://splinternews.com/we-may-soon-have-a-cure-for-the-worlds-most-common-std-1793856160

So far it looks good but it will still take a while before this is ready to be on the market.
« Last post by Lana Reverse on December 16, 2017, 11:37:27 pm »
a) That's not "assuming the worst." Damore is there saying that he got fired for making his "women cannot into computers" document and that the belief that women are equal to men in computers is as silly as believing that santa is real. The context makes it clear that that is what he is saying.

He never says anything about abilities, just interests.

b) You are acting like a dick, dodging questions and defending racists, misogynists and Nazis in almost every thread you comment in. I think it is quite understandable why the others no longer give you the benefit of doubt.

Your definition of "defending" is very broad. Same with "misogynist" and "racist," and probably "Nazi" too while I'm at it.

And you're one to talk about dodging questions, considering you literally just did that.

Is it direct question time again? Hey Lana when are you gonna address the points in Murdin's post?

Gosh darn that horrible woman for assuming that man wasn't telling her that her girly genetics make her less likely to pursue a career in tech weren't for her own damned good. Also you lot, stop tormenting the nerd. It's wedgies first damnit!

So you acknowledge that he's talking about interest, rather than abilities. Good, now we're getting somewhere.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10