Author Topic: PETA is definitely Plasma  (Read 4472 times)

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
PETA is definitely Plasma
« on: October 08, 2012, 06:31:01 pm »
PETA has made it's own Pokemon parody game

I wonder if they know about Team Plasma?
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
Re: PETA is definitely Plasma
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2012, 06:33:23 pm »
The only difference between this and Team Plasma's view of Unova is that we can see the blood.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:41:59 pm »
.....wait how late are they on this?

Ironbite-cause Black/White's been out so long they got sequels

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 06:44:05 pm »
Is anyone else surprised that it took them this long to do this?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 11:52:51 pm »
Wow, this was awful. Truly, truly awful.

I just...are they actually trying to say that the game Pokemon teaches children to be cruel? Aren't there legitimate animal rights issues out there to fix without resorting to imaginary problems?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2012, 12:09:10 am »
Is anyone else surprised that it took them this long to do this?

Actually, yeah.  You'd think with how old this idea is, and how many times it's been touched on in the past, PETA would have jumped on it a while ago.  It's weird they choose to do it now with the first game that brings it up in universe.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2012, 12:10:01 am »
WARNING: If you don't want to raeg, don't read any further. Seriously.

I actually subjected myself to this entire game. Not only is the game design shitty (you battle four people with a cutscene in between where you get scripted "hidden" treasures that aren't really hidden at all), but it's disturbing as fuck. The trainers you battle all have psychotic grins on their faces and their clothes are bloodstained. One man even wears a cloak made out of Pokémon skin, with their empty faces stitched onto the cloak. Even Nurse Joy (who has supposedly decided to join your cause after seeing the abuse Pokémon face) has bloodstains on her hat, and I seriously don't know why, considering she's one of the good guys but does absolutely nothing but show up once and disappear. She doesn't even heal you.

Oh, and the gore doesn't extend to the enemies. The Pokémon themselves are battered, bloody, and show signs of injury and abuse. Pikachu has bandages and a piece of his ear torn out. Snivy still has a syringe sticking out of its body. Oshawott has been shaved from the neck down. Tepig is covered in bruises.

For fuck's sake, even the surroundings are covered in blood. It looks like a war zone. The trees have bloodstains just thrown haphazardly on them as if a tomato truck exploded there a few moments ago. For some reason, there are barb-wire fences everywhere that also have mangled bits of bloody flesh in them. Also, there are so many (bloody!) bear traps scattered on the ground that one wonders if they are not planted by humans, but rather springing up from the ground like some sort of fucked-up Venus flytrap.

Oh, and those "treasure chests" contain nothing but videos of factory farms, wallpaper of the game, and the like. One of them contains a Mudkip, and a reference to the actual meme ensues. It's awkward and horrible. If you thought the "so i herd u liek mudkipz" meme couldn't get any worse... it just did. PETA got their grubby hands on it.

The final boss in this game is Ash Ketchum, who is apparently your former trainer. (However, Pikachu starts the game by escaping from another trainer of his, which implies that perhaps he were traded or something... I don't know.) Some extremely out-of-character dialogue ensues. (Did I mention that all the Pokémon in this game can talk with humans?) Ash Ketchum, in defiance of everything we know about his character, says that he only cares about making money as a performer in the "Pokémon Battle Entertainment Industry" and that he does not care about Pikachu's well-being. After you beat him, he repents and proceeds to carry out Pikachu's plan of hacking the broadcasts in Unova to display PETA propaganda.

By the way, the battle system is a butchered version of the original. Each Pokémon who joins your party (there are four) has two moves lifted directly from the game, and then two "PETA"-themed moves that were especially designed for this shitload of fuck. The PETA moves are largely useless, but their names carry extremely unfortunate implications. One of Tepig's PETA moves is called "Shame," implying that PETArds should shame the opposition into disagreeing with them. It gets worse: one of Oshawott's PETA moves is called "Recruit," but instead of persuading the foe, it summons your cronies to attack the foe for you. Yes, PETA just used Pokémon to advocate mob attacks as a way of forcing people to agree to your agenda. (Pikachu's PETA moves are "Group Hug" and "Protest," and I remember that one of Snivy's PETA moves is "Educate," which basically consists of throwing papers at the enemy, which also raises your Defense... somehow.) Oh, and there is no Items screen or "run" screen either, not that you need it; the fights are incredibly easy. Part of this is because switching out Pokémon does not seem to take up an entire turn (though I may be wrong about this, and I sure as hell am not playing this shit again).
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2012, 12:41:58 am »
Yeah, and Ghetsis is the one who wears the aforementioned creepy Pokémon-skin cape mentioned in the above post.

Funnily enough, the Pokémon call out Ghetsis on his hypocrisy. Even evil has standards, I guess.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2012, 12:44:20 am by Wykked Wytch »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2012, 02:41:42 am »
Oh, PETA still kicking around? from Wytch's description I'm gonna save myself the time and not play this.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2012, 04:15:48 am »
I finished the first fight and just stopped, it was just too painful to play. Not because of the bloodstains and abuse themed content but the game was just too terrible and the self righteousness was nauseating. I have never been a huge fan on pokemon. I am also of the crowd that preferred it when there were only 150 of the little buggers. I also love to make jokes about how trapping wild animals and then forcing them to fight is cruel in a cock fight ring kind of way. However when I make those comments I do so knowing that pokemon is a game. The origin of the games design was supposed to be about collecting specifically, like collecting butterflies or stamps, hence the catch phrase "gotta catch them all". The fighting component is there to make that collection process more interesting and involving.

For PETA to get bent out of shape about pokemon is just pathetic. There are some real issues hidden in the game about responsible pet care but the just get overshadowed by the horrible game play and overblown self righteous PETA abuse horn blowing.

I cant help but feel that PETA is a group that could in theory achieve a lot for animal rights if they actually focused on realistic goals and not random garbage like this. While they continue to pull stunts like this and all their other stunts that get them into the news they just end up being a group that I loath more than the people who they fight against.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2012, 06:38:08 am »
Why is the that idiots who can't even tell the difference between a fucking video game and real life are always the loudest when it comes to serious issues?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2012, 06:49:40 am »
Why is the that idiots who can't even tell the difference between a fucking video game and real life are always the loudest when it comes to serious issues?

Because

PAY ATTENTION TO MEEEEEEEE
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2012, 12:09:40 pm »
Related

I'll be slightly fair on something, remember the Safari Zone had you throwing rocks at Pokemon, and there was Team Plasma kicking a Muuna.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline TigerHunter

• Bishop
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2012, 12:28:03 pm »
I'll be slightly fair on something, remember the Safari Zone had you throwing rocks at Pokemon, and there was Team Plasma kicking a Muuna.
To be even more fair, the entire game is based on forcing animals to fight for fun and profit. Which is illegal in real life.

Also, remember that episode of the anime where Team Rocket rigged up the ring so that a trainer felt all the pain their pokemon felt?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2012, 12:31:34 pm »
Also, remember that episode of the anime where Team Rocket rigged up the ring so that a trainer felt all the pain their pokemon felt?
I get the feeling that a Numel would sweep absolutely anything in that particular fight.