Author Topic: Man arrested for wanting to be with his hospitalized partner.  (Read 8918 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Man arrested for wanting to be with his hospitalized partner.
« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2013, 02:52:34 pm »
You can't make this shit up:

“It makes news because of the f*gs,” says HCA employee of bias charge

A former employee of Research Medical Center, and a current employee of a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) subsidiary – HCA is the parent company of Research Medical – says the hospital does not discriminate against “f*gs.”

Well, now anyone who tries to dismiss this as simply an administrative oversight is wrong, wrong, wrong.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2013, 03:38:41 pm »
..............Well.

I bet when she gets fired the fundies will scream and rage about discrimination against Christians.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2013, 03:44:08 pm »
Mwuhahahahaha! Teh ghey agenda stwikes again!
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2013, 05:24:36 pm »
So what was her involvement in this?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #34 on: April 14, 2013, 06:32:12 pm »
I wonder how she would feel if people started calling her names. Would there still be a right to free speech? I doubt it. It seems to vanish as soon as you're the one being criticized.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #35 on: April 14, 2013, 11:08:49 pm »
Well then, it seems that the hospital is going to have to do something or else be sued, if that is even possible or feasible. So, I wouldn't be surprised if they fire the nurse or anyone else that was involved and having a hand in this in order to save face.

Queen, that was a very thoughtful post that you wrote.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2013, 02:58:08 am »
Indeed.  I just wish a certain person would man up and admit he's wrong though.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2013, 03:12:42 pm »
Indeed.  I just wish a certain person would man up and admit he's wrong though.

Was this aimed at me? If so, yup, I was wrong. I didn't realize that the nurse that treated the man was the same one who always treated him. I knew the hospital was where he normally got electroshock, but since that was the only reason he went there, it could make sense that not everyone knew him there.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2013, 03:45:45 pm »
no no no.  chi

ironbite-he was wrong

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2013, 06:41:17 pm »
No, man of the odd post cadence, I WASN'T wrong. Because being wrong would imply that I had taken a side one way or the other, or that I was counterfactual.

If you look in every single post that I've made in this thread, I have never said that the hospital was definitely not engaging in homophobic bigotry. Nor have I definitely said that they WERE. Every time I've posted here, it's been to urge cautious in making assumptions and to wait for more information before jumping to a conclusion about bigotry.

As wonderful as Queen's post was, it didn't answer anything I was asking. It made a lot of accusations, but didn't reveal anything new about how the hospital acted or proved that it was anything more than a bad situation brought about by miscommunication and lack of information.

The post about the former employee saying something bigoted also doesn't prove anything, as much as people want to crow about it, because it was made by a FORMER EMPLOYEE. They're taking the casual insults of a woman who no longer works at that hospital as evidence that the hospital is bigoted against homosexuals. Taking it as evidence of bigotry is the exact wrong way to go about it, and makes me wonder just how many of the premature accusations are based on emotional responses.

Again, I'm not going toward either side right now. It's not "wrong" to wait for more information before making a judgement, and attacking me for not immediately making homophobia accusations and acting like I'm implicitly supporting homophobic judgments is plainly ridiculous.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.