Author Topic: Weirdest/Most Esoteric Conspiracy Theories  (Read 10142 times)

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
Weirdest/Most Esoteric Conspiracy Theories
« on: May 31, 2013, 04:26:07 pm »

XKCD

CSTDT often seems to cycle round the same old topics - false flags, 9/11, NWO etc.; I was wondering, what's the craziest conspiracy out there? I'm setting the bar with New Chronology.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Weirdest/Most Esoteric Conspiracy Theories
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 05:17:03 pm »
I propose the following candidates:
  • For elaborate justifications of the unjustifiable: the Flat Earth Society. They have long been one of my favourite flavours of crazy.

• For sheer "why does everything have to be a conspiracy with you people": That youtube video of someone freaking out about seeing a rainbow in the water of their sprinklers, claiming "they" were putting something in the water

« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 03:53:22 pm by Sigmaleph »
Σא

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 07:02:47 pm »
One of my friends believes in the Illuminati, Masons, Reptillians, Grays, Nords and Demonic Hordes all ruling the world.

According to him, they have some sort of time share agreement going, though he doesn't call it that.

And apparently all fictional plots of all anime / manga (he's an Otaku, you see), they happened. Their creators simply "channel" the experiences out.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2013, 09:30:42 am »
The Babalon Working has to be my favorite, L.Ron Hubbard, Jack Parsons, Aleister Crowley, UFO's and sex magic.

Perfect potpurri of silly weirdness!  ;D

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2013, 10:45:01 am »
* Flat Earth
* Heliocentrism
* Hollow Earth
* "Man Will Never Fly"
* Reptilians
* 9/11 theories involving holograms
* Time Cube

Removed "human made earthquakes" from the list because it really is plausible. I had a brain-fart, sorry.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 11:58:36 am by SpukiKitty »

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2013, 11:50:02 am »
* Flat Earth

I once saw a long thesis written by a flat-earther with contained a section that attempted to explain away all of the evidence for the planet being a sphere. One of the points insisted that there is no gravity, and that the earth is merely accelerating upwards at a rate equivalent to one g, which is why objects fall back to the planet. This is already hilarious for so many reasons, but then it went on to contradict itself by claiming that images taken from orbit only show a spherical earth because of gravitational lensing. So, basically, gravity only exists when it's convenient for reality-denial.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

wrightway

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2013, 11:52:07 am »
* Human-made earthquakes

Actually, fracking has been linked to a rise in minor earthquakes in areas where it's practiced.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »
* Human-made earthquakes
Anyone else remember Boobquake? That was quite a thing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 12:49:38 pm »
  • For raw, unadulterated crazyness: Timecube. It's certainly the craziest of whatever category it belongs to, though I'm not sure it counts as conspiracy.

I've mentioned this before on this forum, but  I genuinley think the Timecube guy suffers from schizophrenia.  The interwebs loves taking the piss out of this guy but I think we need to go easy on him, because otherwise we're making fun of and laughing at a man with a real and severe mental illness who needs professional help, and I'm not comfortable with that.  To me that's no different to mocking someone for having cancer.  I don't think that's something we should be participating in, I'd like to think we're all better than that.

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 02:58:51 pm »
* "Man Will Never Fly"

Not that I'm the sole adjudicator or anything, but I've looked this up...

Members of the Man Will Never Fly Society are not opposed to flight.  Birds do it, Bees do it, even educated fleas do it, as Cole Porter once said.  But when you stop to think about it, do you actually believe that a machine made of tons of metal will fly?  Small wonder that the editor of a Dayton newspaper said, when informed of the mythical first flight in 1903.  "Man will never fly.  And if he does, he will never come from Dayton." 
          The Society's members believe that balloons fly, but we do not believe in flying machines.  Indeed, members of the Society have proposed a variety of apparati for movement through the ozone.  One of our members is even cultivating an enormous jumping bean which, when saddled and heated by a laser, will propel a human for great distances.
          But let us hear no more of plane moving through the air, unless they are hurled by carpenters.  Airports and airplanes are for the gullible.  Little do "plane" passengers realize that they are merely boarding Greyhound buses with wings, and that while aboard these winged buses, given the illusion of flight when cloud like scenery is moved past their windows by stagehands in a very expensive theatrical performance. 
           We ask you to gather under our banner and combat the myth that man can, did, or will ever fly, except in his or her imagination.

...and I'll say that the bar has raised.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 03:13:46 pm »
Please tell me that's a poe...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 03:40:16 pm »
Well, if it is, they've gone to the effort of putting up an entire cheap-looking website with plenty of pictures of society meetings and an entire backstory, so it's a good one if so.

That said, they don't make much effort to explain why the airlines go to all that trouble, especially now that budget airlines probably work out cheaper than buses mile-for-mile even with the odd surcharge. Nor do they explain why Greyhound Lines refuses to get in on the act and insist on dull, boring but profitable runs to Atlantic City.

The whole theory falls apart unless you assume that the bus companies are honest capitalists and the airlines have been hemorrhaging money for years, possibly decades in a bigger-than-Enron scam, BECAUSE REASONS.*

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 03:53:07 pm »
  • For raw, unadulterated crazyness: Timecube. It's certainly the craziest of whatever category it belongs to, though I'm not sure it counts as conspiracy.

I've mentioned this before on this forum, but  I genuinley think the Timecube guy suffers from schizophrenia.  The interwebs loves taking the piss out of this guy but I think we need to go easy on him, because otherwise we're making fun of and laughing at a man with a real and severe mental illness who needs professional help, and I'm not comfortable with that.  To me that's no different to mocking someone for having cancer.  I don't think that's something we should be participating in, I'd like to think we're all better than that.

A fair point. After looking into it for a bit, I found a few sources that say he has admitted to being diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I can't confirm it, however. In any case, removed.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 04:31:21 pm »
* Human-made earthquakes

Actually, fracking has been linked to a rise in minor earthquakes in areas where it's practiced.

Well, yeah, that is the case. I should have cleared it up with "Massive Killer Death Quakes Of Doom Caused Deliberately By Human-Made Technology".

Then again, who knows? Perhaps I should remove that from the list. It's really weird but it MIGHT be REMOTELY possible.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 04:33:08 pm »
My mother's former mother-in-law believed that the Beatles were part of a communist plot to compromise or destroy the West by corrupting western youth.  She believed that John Lennon had been kidnapped as a child, tortured and brainwashed by the Soviets and eventually sent back to the West with Yoko Ono as his minder and controller.  He was eventually killed because he had outlived his usefulness or because the plot was about to be discovered, she believed.  A majority of other rock and pop acts were also part of the plot, too. 

Of course, she also believed that there were mass graves of the Clintons around Mena, Arkansas, and spent two separate vacations with her husband there looking for them.  They didn't ever actually find a grave, but they did get arrested for trespassing, and they successfully rammed a farmer's stray cow with their RV.  Have I mentioned yet that they were major Alex Jones fans?  Okay. 
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee