Author Topic: Republican says "rape can be beautiful"  (Read 6076 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Republican says "rape can be beautiful"
« on: February 06, 2015, 03:15:06 pm »
...if it produces a child.

...WHAT!?

They actually managed to make a rape statement worse than the "legimite rape" incident by Sir "fuck-a-duck."

I have no words for this so I'll just leave the link and go into my "chamber of rage."

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2015/02/west-virginia-republican-says-rape-can-be-beautiful-if-it-produces-a-child/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Republican says "rape can be beautiful"
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2015, 04:06:00 pm »
Are these guys trying to be unelectable?

You know what scares me? What scares me is that these guys are letting loose with their psychopathic pronouncements because they feel that the system is so fixed that they would get elected no matter how many people hate them.

It's a thought too scary to contemplate!

OH GAWD! I HOPE IT'S NOT TRUE!

I heard that Koch & Company said that they were going to buy the 2016 election! I hope something's being done to stop this.

As much as I come off as a Pollyanna to you guys, keep in mind that even I entertain grim thoughts.

Sane Americans need to put in the effort to vote in 2016. I don't care if there's tons of gerrymandering, the lines are super-long or that you need to jump more hoops to get a voter's permit....AN ENTIRE COUNTRY IS AT STAKE!

They wouldn't be saying something this crazy if they knew they couldn't be easily ditched.

Hopefully, I'll be wrong and that this is just a case of hubris that'll be their downfall.

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2015, 04:18:33 pm »
I somehow knew, just reading the headline, that, of course, it would be a Republican man saying this.

And no surprise, yep.

Sure, there's plenty of Republican/fundie/frummer women who believe it too, but it always seems like it's the men being the most outspoken assholes about it.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 04:23:07 pm »
I hope my theory on WHY they're so outspoken isn't true.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 04:37:24 pm »
West Virginia, huh?

Aslo, Barb, take a couple deep breaths. Stories like this are nothing new. Our very country that is at stake has dealt with this crap before. He's a state delegate. And on the record saying that, a state delegate is where he'll stay.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2015, 04:50:21 pm »
I'm sending this idiot the bill for the repairs to my house.

Ironbite-I put a hole in my wall.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2015, 04:51:19 pm »
West Virginia, huh?

Aslo, Barb, take a couple deep breaths. Stories like this are nothing new. Our very country that is at stake has dealt with this crap before. He's a state delegate. And on the record saying that, a state delegate is where he'll stay.

*WHEW* Good. Thank you for bringing me back to my senses.

That said, why do these guys say this sort of stuff? Are they in such a bubble that they assume that it's reasonable and that most folks would concur?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 05:06:57 pm »
Allow me to make a pure statement of fact: No, that's not what he said.

"Obviously rape is awful..." says Delegate Brian Kurcaba, R-Monongalia. "What is beautiful is the child is that could come from this."

"Rape is beautiful if it results in a child" is what no politician will say in public, ever. "Rape is awful, but children are beautiful" is more or less the standard party line for pro-lifers.
Σא

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 05:10:47 pm »
Sometimes. Sometimes it's because they think there's no such thing as bad publicity. Sometimes they aren't campaigning nationally, they're speaking just to their likely voters at a small local thing. Sometimes people just say stupid things, they don't realize the mic is on or something.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2015, 05:11:53 pm »
Allow me to make a pure statement of fact: No, that's not what he said.

"Obviously rape is awful..." says Delegate Brian Kurcaba, R-Monongalia. "What is beautiful is the child is that could come from this."

"Rape is beautiful if it results in a child" is what no politician will say in public, ever. "Rape is awful, but children are beautiful" is more or less the standard party line for pro-lifers.

It's still an absolute asshole thing to say. Claiming that the results of the event are beautiful completely downplays the victim's trauma and acts as a massive "fuck you" to women who choose to abort.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2015, 05:59:33 pm »
What Sleepy said.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 06:06:15 pm »
Cue the hilarious and karmic downfall.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 07:24:56 pm »
This is basically my reaction to this:

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 07:59:44 pm »
Cue the hilarious and karmic downfall.

OH YES!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2015, 11:20:40 pm »
This guy can join Todd "Legitimate Rape" Akin in the Never Elect in a Million Years pile.

...And yet a witch hunter is still electable.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer