Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 389460 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #1800 on: October 12, 2017, 07:32:20 am »
Haven't you heard taht Ron Perlman is running in 2020?

It's pretty telling about the times that I had to check not only if he really had announced it but also if he was serious when doing that.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1801 on: October 12, 2017, 10:09:40 am »
Does the veep have to be a native citizen?  If not, then I'd go for Lewis Black for President and Danny Trejo for VP.  If anyone can keep a madhouse in line, it'd be Machete.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1802 on: October 12, 2017, 02:04:37 pm »
The VP has to meet all the same requirements as the President.

EDIT: This is essentially so that if the President leaves office for whatever reason, the VP will always be able to take over. After that, people ineligible for President can be in positions in the line of succession (Speaker of the House, President pro tempore of the Senate, Cabinet secretaries in order of creation); they're just skipped over.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1803 on: October 12, 2017, 04:46:19 pm »
Aw, that's disappointing.

*reads Wiki*

...Danny Trejo could be President.  Brotha was born in LA.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1804 on: October 12, 2017, 04:51:18 pm »
There is one unclear point: whether someone can be VP if they've served two terms as President.

The term limits bar is on being elected twice as President, not necessarily on serving more than two terms. Apparently Hillary was considering Bill as her VP nominee, but part of the reason she decided against it was because she didn't want to run into that potential constitutional issue.

EDIT: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/10/06/gop-primaries-chaos-democrats-243487

The Dems' "new" strategy for winning in 2018?

Prop up the extremists in Republican primaries.

Because that totally worked in 2016 when they elevated Trump, Cruz, and Carson.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 04:59:12 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1805 on: October 12, 2017, 05:54:14 pm »
It's not a new strategy.  It's the one you run when your opponents have this amount of unelectable crazy to begin with.  And don't you say that Hilary couldn't have beaten Trump.  She absolutely could've if she figured out where he was concentrating on.

Ironbite-I just hope the Democrats have some young hungry blood waiting to take the crazy down.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1806 on: October 12, 2017, 06:03:46 pm »
It's not a new strategy.  It's the one you run when your opponents have this amount of unelectable crazy to begin with.  And don't you say that Hilary couldn't have beaten Trump.  She absolutely could've if she figured out where he was concentrating on.

Ironbite-I just hope the Democrats have some young hungry blood waiting to take the crazy down.

Hillary could have beaten Trump... if she could have broken the image of her being the ultimate insider.

And the Dems have young hungry blood, it's just that their establishment hates them.

EDIT:

This is an island, surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.

What the ever-loving fuck, Donnie?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 06:47:58 pm by dpareja »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #1807 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:19 am »
He's obviously trying to ape more successful villains.

This week its Ansem / Xehanort's Heartless.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1808 on: October 13, 2017, 02:33:41 am »
This is not just a single incident of this kind of "memory problem" https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/mike-pence-chases-trump-forgets-sign-executive-order/

He has also forgotten where his limo is (it was right in front of him) where his wife was (next to him) and so on...

I think there is a non-zero chance that Trump has Alzheimer or Dementia or something...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #1809 on: October 13, 2017, 03:40:36 am »
His vocabulary has also degenerated noticeably from his old interviews and he has started using vague fill-in words more. This is also very typical for a dementia/alzheimer patient.

Of course, these things are borderline conspiratorial speculation. That doesn't mean that there is not enough smoke to at least consider the possibility of a fire.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1810 on: October 13, 2017, 03:50:53 am »
If Hillary was acting like this GOP would be out there with torches demanding her to be removed from office.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1811 on: October 13, 2017, 04:28:29 am »
If Hillary was acting like this GOP would be out there with torches demanding her to be removed from office.

The GOP was pretty clear from before the election that if (or, as just about everyone was assuming, when) Clinton won, they would be out there with torches demanding that she be removed from office (and pursuing impeachment toward that).

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1812 on: October 15, 2017, 02:17:48 am »
My current theory is that the moment GOP passes the tax breaks for the rich they will turn against Trump and remove him from office.

And then pretend that they had been just trying to do the best they could for USA while president Pence passes laws to electrocute homosexuals. (Funnily enough, because Pence and several others may be incriminated in the Russia investigation who knows how far down the order of succession they'll have to go.)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1813 on: October 15, 2017, 02:31:34 am »
They're never gonna impeach Trump.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #1814 on: October 15, 2017, 03:40:03 am »
They're never gonna impeach Trump.

They might, if he's causing the party to tank enough to cost them the House and the Senate in 2018--especially the latter in a year when 10 Democratic incumbents are in states Trump carried, so they're looking to gain in the Senate.

And even if he doesn't quite do that, they may well ditch him before 2020, because there they could lose the Senate (having 22 incumbents to the Democrats' 11) and if things go really badly, they lose state legislatures just in time for redistricting. (Granted the Dems might not be able to do things quite as atrocious as the GOP did after 2010 if Gill v. Whitford goes the way any sane democracy would have it go, but...)

But even if they just lose Congress for 2020, that still loses them control over federal redistricting, if the Dems are willing to go that far. (I don't think Congress' residual power over their own electoral maps has ever been exercised, but it's there, per Scalia's plurality opinion in Vieth v. Jubelirer and not contested in Kennedy's concurrence or any of the dissents.)

Plus he keeps pissing off everybody in Congress.

I highly doubt Trump will finish his term. He's going to resign, be removed per the 25th Amendment, or be impeached.

EDIT:

« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 11:23:14 pm by dpareja »