Author Topic: Actual Landslide Victory for Macron  (Read 5875 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Actual Landslide Victory for Macron
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2017, 01:23:29 am »
Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it so that the DNC didn't actually screw over Sanders?

I thought that any of the "damning" emails were after he had no way of winning and the questions being revealed in advance was a thing offered to both of them.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2017, 06:59:50 am »
I have no doubt after reading that article the hackers responsible were Russians. I find it possible that WL did know where it was coming from, but I don't blame them for releasing the E-Mails (Especially since we found out the DNC specifically chose to screw over Senator Sanders) and I can't really blame them for things that are out of their control like what is given to them. If they only receive documents about certain people, that's just what happens.

Well, they are a bit more selective when it comes to releasing documents involving Russia.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it so that the DNC didn't actually screw over Sanders?

I thought that any of the "damning" emails were after he had no way of winning and the questions being revealed in advance was a thing offered to both of them.
The talk about DNC screwing Sanders over is exaggerated. The thing documents confirmed was that the DNC favored Clinton over him and had her interests in mind when making decisions about things like scheduling the primaries. A small nudge here, another there; typical "old boys' club" style politics except in this case the club involved also girls and something that is expected when you challenge an institution. In the end, it probably wasn't enough to influence the end result since Clinton ended up winning so clearly and there is no real evidence for dramatic things like election fraud some conspiracy theorists claim happened.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2017, 10:03:16 pm »
I have no doubt after reading that article the hackers responsible were Russians. I find it possible that WL did know where it was coming from, but I don't blame them for releasing the E-Mails (Especially since we found out the DNC specifically chose to screw over Senator Sanders) and I can't really blame them for things that are out of their control like what is given to them. If they only receive documents about certain people, that's just what happens.

Well, they are a bit more selective when it comes to releasing documents involving Russia.

There are also several instances where Wikileaks played cozy to Putin's interests. I have mentioned two examples already:

[The Russian DNC hacking] was a large-scale attack on [the DNC, DCCC, and John Podesta] over the period of many months; it could not have been carried out by a few people. The information was then sifted through and organized so that it could be released to maximize damage to Secretary Clinton.
Shortly before the Democratic National Convention, Wikileaks released Emails from the primaries and negative of Bernie. In the last thirty days leading up to the general election, Wikileaks published 1,800-3,000 each day, dominating the news coverage. If transparency is the desired end, you release all the emails at once; if you want to hurt political opponents, you time it out to keep the story fresh.

and

And then this happened in France. ... Again, Wikileaks published these documents. ... Again, the information was published at a time to do maximum damage (in the final hours before the French "Black Out" to catch a narrative and dominate conversations over the weekend).

Now, Julian Assange claims to be an innocent recipient of these hacks which he publishes in a commitment to transparency: that is his story and he is sticking to it. However, the style of the leaks belies his claims of innocence. In this situation, there are two actors with competing values: Russia and Julian Assange. Russia would want the leaks timed out to dominate news stories at highly relevant times in the election to maximize the damage from these leaks. Julian Assange, valuing transparency, would want to leaks these stories upfront and let the public decide. The timing of the leaks lined up with Russian, not Wikileaks', interests: (1) Bernie material was released before the Convention, (2) daily leaks in the run-up to the General election on Hillary, and (3) Macron's leak happening hours before the French blackout period.

Second, there is the bombshell leak known as the Panama Papers. If Julian Assange valued transparency, then he would want to publish the Panama Papers, but he didn't. As the Panama Papers Whistleblower stated "WikiLeaks didn’t answer its tip line repeatedly" in response to calls for publication. For a site that values transparency and leaked information, it does not make sense for Wikileaks to turn down this material. That is, until you realize that these documents aired Putin's dirty laundry. Again, the values of transparency clash with the interests of Russia, and Russian interests prevail.

Third, Julian Assange is not being honest about getting the information from Russia. We all know Wikileaks got the hacked emails from the Russian government, via government run cyber espionage agencies.  I know this because I previously posted:

Seriously, read this. It is long and very informative.

You know this, because you posted this:
I have no doubt after reading that article the hackers responsible were Russians.

The world knows this because Hillary Clinton said during a presidential debate:
Quote from: Hillary Clinton (presidential Debate, transcript via New York Times), Oct. 10, 2016
But, you know, let's talk about what's really going on here, Martha, because our intelligence community just came out and said in the last few days that the Kremlin, meaning Putin and the Russian government, are directing the attacks, the hacking on American accounts to influence our election. And WikiLeaks is part of that, as are other sites where the Russians hack information.

In fact, the link I posted earlier is almost six months old. There is no excuse, except the awkward exception of waking from a 7-month coma, to not know this.* However, despite this being old news, and despite Julian Assange knowing best from whom he gets his information, he lies to cover for Russia.

I've said it once, so I'll end by saying it again:
Newsflash to no one: Wikileaks is the mouthpiece of Russia to air dirty laundry about people Putin doesn't like.

*Oh how I envy these people, to wake up and innocently and honestly believe that Barack Obama is still our president.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 10:05:37 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2017, 04:37:23 am »
The Anti-Macron leaks have now been studied and yet more of them have been discovered to be fakes. Not only that, it turns out that Neo-Nazis at Dailystormer were taking part in organizing the "leak" campaign:

http://www.politico.eu/article/neo-nazi-activist-may-be-behind-fake-macron-documents/
https://www.qurium.org/alerts/france/tracing_macrongate_source/

Anyone surprised at this?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2017, 04:59:28 am »
Not in the least bit surprised.

Incompetence, obviously fake leaks and using the same tired memes everywhere...really, Anglin makes himself very obvious.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2017, 05:34:44 am »
Andrew whatshisface is a lot less clever than he thinks he is. I worry shitheads like him meddling with the whistleblowing scene will be used by the establishment to discredit future exposure of the things they are doing wrong.