Author Topic: “the first shots of the second American civil war have already been fired”  (Read 981 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
https://www.mediamatters.org/research/2017/06/19/right-wing-media-figures-declare-first-shots-second-american-civil-war-have-already-been-fired/216966

For a while now Right wing media people have been talking about a civil war in USA. Symbolically at first, then as something that might be necessary in the future (for example, if Obama would be elected. Strangely, they didn't go forwards with the plan when it did happen.) and now Alex Jones is saying that the war has already begun with the recent assassination attempt. (Note, few other commenters still talk about a metaphorical, cultural war but many are more literal.)

Pat Buchanan: The US is “approaching something of a civil war,” and it’s time for Trump to “burn down the Bastille.” Pat Buchanan warned that the U.S. is “approaching something of a civil war where the capital city seeks the overthrow of the sovereign and its own restoration.” Buchanan claimed the “deep state-media coup” to destroy Trump features “the appointment of a special prosecutor” and “street clashes between pro- and anti-Trump forces.” Buchanan wrote that Trump “should campaign against the real enemies of America First by promising to purge the deep state and flog its media collaborators,” concluding that it’s “time to burn down the Bastille.”

Seeing as the USA is the way it is, it won't be long before the next mass shooting but if Jones or someone can use it as a "casus belli" for the local militias to get violent, things might get ugly fast.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

In the actual US civil war, the rebels had their own government and properly supplied and funded military, complete with professional soldiers and a functional chain of command and an entire economy to fuel all of it. A bunch of disorganised hicks with guns can riot, sure. But start a civil war? Not a fucking chance.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Well, currently they think that the government is on their side so they'd just start rounding up l"ibruls and cucks" and killing them.

Or maybe they'd fight against the "DEEP STATE" and whatever bogeyman that they think is in control of it. It's not like they've made up their mind.

Maybe that is why they didn't do anything to Obama? Despite all their posturing about being alpha males and so on they don't actually have the guts to really fight for their beliefs. They'd rather wait to stand beside (or possibly behind) the army and watch as their "enemies" are marched into deathcamps.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!