Author Topic: Amanda Berry on the Despair of Watching a TV Psychic Tell Your Mom You’re Dead  (Read 6107 times)

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
Link

For 19 months, Louwana Miller refused to give up hope that her missing daughter might still be alive.

Not anymore.

…

“She’s not alive, honey,” Sylvia Browne told her matter-of-factly. “Your daughter’s not the kind who wouldn’t call.”

…

Miller said she returned devastated from the show, taped this month in New York.

“I lost it,” she said.

Miller said she believes “98 percent” in Browne.

Basically, once I take over the world this is what will happen to all "psychics"

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
...You are going to give psychics swords and armour and then spill tomato ketchup on their face?

Anyway, despite my usual hatred for the "psychics" who prey on grieving families at least this one didn't give them false hope. Because that is even worse and they usually try to get money from the family as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
No, she gave the mother false despair, which eventually killed her.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
That is...monstrous.  Ya know, since these whores thrive off the attention they get, I say we just lock 'em in solitary for a few months with the only human contact they get being a hand pushing a tray of food in every day.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
That's amazing.  And wanna know something?  I bet her captor used this against her.

Ironbite-I think this woman's estate should be sued.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Silvia Browne is a Bitch
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2015, 06:33:24 pm »
Despicable.   >:(

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
If I could get my hands on Silvia Browne, I'd show her the deepest, truest sensations of terror.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Wait a moment, I recognize the name. This "psychic" was one of few guests on Coast to Coast AM who had the "honor" of being told where to put it after another "vision" pertaining to the Sago Mine disaster didn't pan out because the segment of the show that usually covers current events was using the incorrect casualty information- thus causing her to change her story.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Madman, that reminds me, I should really find a way to listen to Coast-to-Coast AM, that was some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.  Like the dude that thought he could summon UFOs.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr

Anyway, despite my usual hatred for the "psychics" who prey on grieving families at least this one didn't give them false hope. Because that is even worse and they usually try to get money from the family as well.

False hope is a pretty shitty thing to give, but I'm not sure it's worse. They're both equally fake, but at least false hope is a positive feeling. Telling someone their daughter is dead when you have no way of knowing is just making someone more miserable for no reason.

The only thing that even approaches an excuse here is base rates. Most of the time, unfortunately, a case like this would've ended with her daughter confirmed dead, or never found, so you could just say Browne was playing the odds and trying to help a grieving mother move on with her life. Except, well, apparently moving on with her life didn't do her much good.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
If I could get my hands on Silvia Browne, I'd show her the deepest, truest sensations of terror.

According to my worldview, that's been taken care of, my friend......

......Sylvia's present-day home.

Anyway, the point is that the daughter in question is still alive. Berry was one of the 3 girls held captive by that freak in Cleveland. Although I'm a believer in psychic phenomena....most if not all folks who get money & fame from being psychics are actually frauds. Sylvia Browne was the worst of them.

Here's a website chronicling all the B.S. Browne has pulled. Sadly, it's no longer being updated since the guy running it wasn't well....plus Sylvia's been deceased for a couple of years....
http://www.stopsylvia.com/home/
This chick was sick! I'm glad that nasty broad is hangin' in Inferno along with Amanda Berry's perverted captor.

Madman, that reminds me, I should really find a way to listen to Coast-to-Coast AM, that was some of the craziest shit I've ever heard.  Like the dude that thought he could summon UFOs.

I heard about that guy. He called himself "Prophet Yahweh". His bogus UFO routine was part and parcel of a weird Black Supremacist/Hebrew Israelite sect he was starting.

Here's some info on this guy. He was (he's deceased, now) quite a piece of work. There was another website with a detailed account of how bigoted & deranged he was but I can't find it.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prophet_Yahweh
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 01:03:01 pm by Barbarella »

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist

The Religion of Love™ has such a hate-filled afterlife. I'm glad afterlives don't exist, personally.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!

The Religion of Love™ has such a hate-filled afterlife. I'm glad afterlives don't exist, personally.

Well, I'm not a Christian and Inferno is temporary. I think "eternal damnation" is the most disgusting concept ever invented!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal

Well, I'm not a Christian and Inferno is temporary. I think "eternal damnation" is the most disgusting concept ever invented!

If there is a punishing afterlife, a temporary one is probably more plausible.   It'll just feel like eternity.  Like most punishments.
I digress, though.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Despicable and Loathsome
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2015, 02:42:39 pm »

If there is a punishing afterlife, a temporary one is probably more plausible.   It'll just feel like eternity.  Like most punishments.
I digress, though.

The way I see it, so-called "eternal punishment" is actually supposed to be temporary.  But if those punished fail to genuinely repent...